TOO MANY SECRETS******

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think the real problem in this country is not people revealing secrets, but rather too many secrets. This is supposed to be an open country where the government operates above board, not in secret. People are seeing things that are out and out illegal in the operation of government, and they are speaking out. Now the government is lashing out at those that disclose these illegal activities. It appears that these activities are emanating from a high source. What's your opinion.

Now take this into consideration. We are furnishing automatic weapons to a rebelling society, while trying to make illegal ownership of semiautomatic weapons here. Frank...

111-1 profileRED.jpg

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm saying this next statement with my tongue firmly in my cheek, take it to mean what you will, This country arming country in the throws of a civil war with automatic weapons, is IMO taking those weappns away from this country's citizens in fear that they will be used against this ruling govt. Just another form of this govt. caring more for it's image in the world, than it's image at home.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
IMHO - the government has always had secrets and always had leaks and always will have secrets and leaks. The difference now is the way the press "hand picks" what they want to push and not push. The BIG difference is the press (i.e., MSNBC, etc.) now fully (openly) supports one party and reports accordingly by ONLY reporting the good for their party and screaming the BAD for the opposing party. That, IMHO - is the difference the past 5 years or so and why everything seems up-side-down these days.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Time to watch Fox! STILL LIFE-2002-1.jpg And let the Genie out of the 'bottle'. Frank...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you watch Fox and expect to be enlightened?

VPNAVY answered your question before you asked it. I will quote it for you.

"The BIG difference is the press (i.e., MSNBC, etc.) now fully (openly) supports one party and reports accordingly by ONLY reporting the good for their party and screaming the BAD for the opposing party."

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
VPNAVY answered your question before you asked it. I will quote it for you.

"The BIG difference is the press (i.e., MSNBC, etc.) now fully (openly) supports one party and reports accordingly by ONLY reporting the good for their party and screaming the BAD for the opposing party."

I don't disagree. These networks have become basically Blogs. Most news papers have always been openly biased. The question might be what well do you chose to drink from. Both sides you mention know how to push buttons. This is not news. Sometimes it's just entertainment. I don't go to any of these networks after realizing how manipulative they were. What seems to me a better choice is BBC America and PBS. You'll get a very different perspective. The major networks have become drug advertisements. When they decided to take advertisers bucks the news changed for the worse.
Anyway, choose your well wisely.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I don't disagree. These networks have become basically Blogs. Most news papers have always been openly biased. The question might be what well do you chose to drink from. Both sides you mention know how to push buttons. This is not news. Sometimes it's just entertainment. I don't go to any of these networks after realizing how manipulative they were. What seems to me a better choice is BBC America and PBS. You'll get a very different perspective. The major networks have become drug advertisements. When they decided to take advertisers bucks the news changed for the worse.
Anyway, choose your well wisely.

You think the BBC is unbiased? WOW! Fox shows both sides. They have both sides on there staff and invited guests. Sure they ride the king, but he is wearing a nice saddle! that invites it. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is Fox News constantly being put down and given a bad rap? Because liberals have louder voices. They are like Pit Bulls for their cause, and be damned all who do not agree. That is why there must ALWAYS be a Fox News.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the websites, but some say they are bipartisan. Some are conservative some are liberal. That really helps to define them all. Facts are subject to change.

You understand that PBS has more often than not been plagued with allegations and occasionally outright proven to be leftist cover?

Just saying, keep your options open,, I read as much of them as I can, but it is not always easy to find where the propaganda starts and the outright prevarications start.

But if you have decided that Fox is lying to you then you are not being open minded at all.

Don't Blink

Apr 17, 2013
Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay little off topic.. Am I the only one that saw the title of this thread and thought SETEC ASTRONOMY? From the movie Sneakers in the 1992? (Anagram: SETEC ASTRONOMY... TOO MANY SECRETS)

But if you want a different idea on media stories you might want to check out the Fox affiliate FXIX19 from Cincinnati Ohio; it is owned by Raycom Media which is an employee owned media company with about 40 news stations. They have a news series that is called Reality Check with Ben Swann.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Okay little off topic.. Am I the only one that saw the title of this thread and thought SETEC ASTRONOMY? From the movie Sneakers in the 1992? (Anagram: SETEC ASTRONOMY... TOO MANY SECRETS)

But if you want a different idea on media stories you might want to check out the Fox affiliate FXIX19 from Cincinnati Ohio; it is owned by Raycom Media which is an employee owned media company with about 40 news stations. They have a news series that is called Reality Check with Ben Swann.

Good catch, Did like that movie. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOT ONE NEWS PROGRAME IS ANYTHING BUT A SHOW.

A SHOW A SHOW..PRETTY LIGHTS AN COLORS TO MESMERISE THE PUBLIC AN DISTRACT YOU...

omg...what is wrong with you people?
'i'm goona watch fox'...yes...they have the purty flashing lights...watch the watch...getting sleepy yet?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoyed the websites, but some say they are bipartisan. Some are conservative some are liberal. That really helps to define them all. Facts are subject to change.

You understand that PBS has more often than not been plagued with allegations and occasionally outright proven to be leftist cover?

Just saying, keep your options open,, I read as much of them as I can, but it is not always easy to find where the propaganda starts and the outright prevarications start.

But if you have decided that Fox is lying to you then you are not being open minded at all.

I'm rarely accused of not being open minded. I decided Fox lies was based on my experience. The web sites were a mix on purpose as truth is often somewhere in the middle. Truth is not in the thesis or it's antithesis but in it's synthesis. When I decided Fox was not in my best interested was during the BO birth certificate thing. I might have mentioned this here before, maybe not.
A woman who's name I don't remember was with another commentator and they were looking at a picture of the birth cert. She says "It's obviously been Photoshopped."
I work with Photoshop usually three times a week and one thing I can assure you there is nothing obvious about it. It's so good an expert with a magnifying glass would have doubts. There;s no way a non-expert by looking and making the statement she did could do anything but lie.
I base my opinion that Fox lies not because I'm too biased to listen, it's based on the fact they do lie.
I think it's accurate to say the major networks don't lie as much as to say they suppress the whole truth. They are in the uncomfortable position of not only not pi$$ing off their audience but also their advertisers. The best news would have to answer to no one.
Yes PBS has been accused of those things but by who? It's enemies. It's enemies don't and won't watch PBS and unfortunately have the ear of many Americans. Now if you think PBS is liberal try watching Washington Week. MI5, The McLaughlin Group. PBS is by far my favorite network to the point if I could only have one station it would be PBS. And yes, I'm a subscriber.

I've heard from conservatives that NPR is a leftest radio station that is anti-conservative even though it's operating CEO is a card carrying conservative. I guess people hear what they want.
People will listen to anyone that gives that feeling of sock it to um. That's how radio people like Limpballs and Savage keep their audience. Like the mob mentality, truth matters little when it's blood their after.
All reporting is by nature biased. The reporter will have a built in attitude, life experience, politic that will affect his report. Hunter S. Thompson went even further with Gonzo reporting where he became part of the story. So like many things, throw the low and high bid and shoot for the middle.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I'm rarely accused of not being open minded. I decided Fox lies was based on my experience. The web sites were a mix on purpose as truth is often somewhere in the middle. Truth is not in the thesis or it's antithesis but in it's synthesis. When I decided Fox was not in my best interested was during the BO birth certificate thing. I might have mentioned this here before, maybe not.
A woman who's name I don't remember was with another commentator and they were looking at a picture of the birth cert. She says "It's obviously been Photoshopped."
I work with Photoshop usually three times a week and one thing I can assure you there is nothing obvious about it. It's so good an expert with a magnifying glass would have doubts. There;s no way a non-expert by looking and making the statement she did could do anything but lie.
I base my opinion that Fox lies not because I'm too biased to listen, it's based on the fact they do lie.
I think it's accurate to say the major networks don't lie as much as to say they suppress the whole truth. They are in the uncomfortable position of not only not pi$$ing off their audience but also their advertisers. The best news would have to answer to no one.
Yes PBS has been accused of those things but by who? It's enemies. It's enemies don't and won't watch PBS and unfortunately have the ear of many Americans. Now if you think PBS is liberal try watching Washington Week. MI5, The McLaughlin Group. PBS is by far my favorite network to the point if I could only have one station it would be PBS. And yes, I'm a subscriber.

I've heard from conservatives that NPR is a leftest radio station that is anti-conservative even though it's operating CEO is a card carrying conservative. I guess people hear what they want.
People will listen to anyone that gives that feeling of sock it to um. That's how radio people like Limpballs and Savage keep their audience. Like the mob mentality, truth matters little when it's blood their after.
All reporting is by nature biased. The reporter will have a built in attitude, life experience, politic that will affect his report. Hunter S. Thompson went even further with Gonzo reporting where he became part of the story. So like many things, throw the low and high bid and shoot for the middle.

She based her opinion of the birth certificate on the fact that the issueing hospital had changed it's name the year before. I too have years in photoshop and I can usually tell if it has been photo shopped, but the bulk of images today are photo shopped purely to enhance the image. SO, you say Fox lied based on someone's opinion of a photo. You have not presented one thing that Fox has lied about!

As far a NPR. They fired on the spot, one of there broadcasters, for agreeing with someone on a Fox show. Fox felt so bad they hired him even though he is liberal. NPR is definitely left of center. Frank

AH photoshop...........

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg The Raven is eating a granola bar!

Cube.jpg Chube-blk-500.jpg This clear glass beamsplitter cube has a slight pink tint, but has been reworked to display every color of the rainbow in photoshop.

VERMILLION146-2.jpg The barn really isn't there.
Photpshop can add, subtract or change any image, But if you compare it to the original, It shows every time.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok. Here is what media matters said about PBS and NPR.

Noonan claimed "everyone knows" PBS has liberal bias; polls show otherwise | Research | Media Matters for America
They say that there is no Bias in 2005. Before any bias existed anywhere?(compared to now anyway). And luckily 1 in 5 found bias to the left, 1 in 10 found bias to the right.

But this is a good quote.
"Media Matters for America runs the Hands Off Public Broadcasting campaign, an effort to ensure that public broadcasting remains independent and free from political pressure and to highlight conservative misinformation in and about public broadcasting."

Obviously this is because the right is so versed at "Misinformation" that the left has cornered the market on.

And this is wikipedia on media matters.
Media Matters for America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me give you an excerpt on this page.
"Media Matters for America (MMfA) is a politically progressive[SUP][1][/SUP] media watchdog group that says it is "dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media".[SUP][2][/SUP] Set up as a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, MMfA was founded in 2004"

Wonder how hard it was to get the tax exempt status they enjoy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions