California Water diversion projects, saving water and our Salmon runs.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently ran across a statistic that 60% of all water used in California is used to water lawns. Hmmm if we just made it illegal to water lawns and required low flow tiolets be installed in all buildings that are sold then we would be saving more water than the water projects want to take out of the Sacramento River Delta. It would restore flow to the rivers and San Francisco Bay and wouldnt have a great cost. They could give anyone who replaced lawn with low to no water use a tax credit. It would save the 40 billion for the new water diversion project and more importantly save the Salmon, Stealhead and other endangered aquatic species in the DELTA. I know its a rational answer to the problem so our politicians wouldnt be able to understand it. Just an idea. I can see the ads now a school of Salmon in a muddy field (drying river bed) gasping their last gasp as we pan to the houses of green lawns with sprinklers on and water running down the gutters. Oooh and the Indian chief in head dress with the tear running down his cheek saying "they will swim no more forever"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread