worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Was at the High School with a friend tecting,I look up and a cop waved me over,I walked toward him,TWO more cruisers pull up,now here I am asking if I was under arrest,the first cop laughed,I pointed out NO signs saying No Metal Detecting,the second cop said' just because there is no sign doesn't mean you can do it! Third cop just stayed in his cruiser. Typical cop answer,he wanted me to go to the Parks Dept. and get written permission,what in hell is this world coming to! I secured a few private properties to do if the rain ever stops. I'll show them!GodBless Chris

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least they werent jerks about it. I was out in the boonies last yr walking a plot to see if it was ok to swing the MD and looking for signs. I stayed maybe an hour and left. The next day a D. Sheriff I knew came in and told me a story that he had to drive all the way out to this spot to get somebody for trespassing. But when he got there the guy was gone. I asked him what the person was driving and he told me. It was me, lol. I then told him how do you know if your in the wrong place and he said do you own the property? I said no and he said then you cant be there. I didnt tell him it was me but I believe he already knew and that is the reason for the visit. He was being nice thank goodness.

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ridiculous.... ...I detect at one of my local schools....have been for month +/-....its literally next door to q sheriff officers house.....ppl will wave to me, ask me if I've found anything good...kids come up n talk to me, etc.. ...I guess I'm lucky.... Nobody here is rude enough to go behind my back n call the cops, if there was a problem they'd come to me themselves... At least I'd like to think so...

-beav3r

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Was at the High School with a friend tecting,I look up and a cop waved me over,I walked toward him,TWO more cruisers pull up,now here I am asking if I was under arrest,the first cop laughed,I pointed out NO signs saying No Metal Detecting,the second cop said' just because there is no sign doesn't mean you can do it! Third cop just stayed in his cruiser. Typical cop answer,he wanted me to go to the Parks Dept. and get written permission,what in hell is this world coming to! I secured a few private properties to do if the rain ever stops. I'll show them!GodBless Chris

Stop with the "what is this world coming to" stuff. As a detectorist, we all know how it works. Some spots are just a gray area and you have to tread lightly if you are going to take those kinds of risks. In a world where we have to share it with other people, you cant just do whatever you want to and expect to never be hassled.

Win some lose some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread