Well, Cairos Burning, Wonder How Much Blood It Will Take......

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well lets take inventory. We gave them F-16 jets and Abrams tanks. We give them over $1B in military aid each year. Wonder how much of that will hit the poor people.
The thing that gets me is there is really no "GOOD" side. It is basically one version of a religous cult vs another version. It's a game we can't win. Either side , once in power, will hate us just because we are not of there religion. Look at Syria same situation. Frank...

111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Egyptians accuse Obama of terrorism - Critical mass protests against Obama backed Morsi regime,

July 1, 2013 - 6:44 am
by
Bridget Johnson

The White House has had no comment since what’s being called the largest protest in human history demanded the end of Mohamed Morsi’s regime.

Estimates for the Sunday “Tamarod” protests across Egypt reach as high as 17 million. Sixteen were killed and 781 were injured, according to the country’s health ministry, in clashes; the Muslim Brotherhood unleashed its armed squad of supporters into the opposition crowd to sexually assault people, multiple reports said.

Many protesters held signs decrying President Obama and U.S. Ambassador Anne Patterson as supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood government.

Protesters stormed the Muslim Brotherhood headquarters and set parts of it on fire. By this morning, four cabinet ministers are reported to have stepped down “in solidarity with the people’s demand to overthrow the regime,” according to the BBC.

The Tamarod — “rebellion” — opposition movement rejected Morsi’s offer for talks in exchange for halting the protests. “There is no alternative other than the peaceful end of power of the Muslim Brotherhood and its representative, Mohammed Morsi,” the group said in a statement.

However, as of this morning, crickets from the Obama administration.

Obama was scheduled to give remarks on his Africa trip upon landing in Tanzania this morning.

“Believe it or not, even in the middle of this, I’m keeping in very close tabs with what’s happening in Egypt as well as Syria,” Secretary of State John Kerry told reporters Sunday morning in Tel Aviv.

“I think that we’re monitoring very, very closely events in Egypt. I know that there are about 10,000 folks or so in Tahrir Square at this moment and growing. The heat is about 40 degrees Centigrade, so it’s keeping people somewhat away, but I think as the afternoon goes on, the crowds will grow and the evening is obviously what we’re watching very, very closely. So we’re very much alert to and concerned about and in touch on the subject of Egypt,” he added.

ej51d35c2b.jpg

ie51d35c4c.jpg

yk51d35c43.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This I fear is just the beginning. Egypt is a hot bed for the Muslim Brotherhood and it will only end bad. We need to stop funding and providing hardware to countries such as Egypt who will eventually use it against us. It's time we strengthen our borders and forget political correctness. It's high time we as a nation start calling a spade a spade...

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lets take inventory. We gave them F-16 jets and Abrams tanks. We give them over $1B in military aid each year. Wonder how much of that will hit the poor people.
The thing that gets me is there is really no "GOOD" side. It is basically one version of a religous cult vs another version. It's a game we can't win. Either side , once in power, will hate us just because we are not of there religion. Look at Syria same situation. Frank...

View attachment 823119

Moderate Islam has gained a victory (as it has LONG been the predominate view in Egypt), and you're calling it a cult?

I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about, on multiple levels.

What are the prevailing religious views in Egypt? What are the various constituencies that combined to oust Mursi? What would be the result of nullifying the Camp David Accords? And why do you suppose all that money is inextricably linked to US contractors? And what percentage is actually for aid and development projects?

Just some questions for you to ponder and (hopefully) research.

-Ammo

Last edited:

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This I fear is just the beginning. Egypt is a hot bed for the Muslim Brotherhood and it will only end bad. We need to stop funding and providing hardware to countries such as Egypt who will eventually use it against us. It's time we strengthen our borders and forget political correctness. It's high time we as a nation start calling a spade a spade...

Don't call it a spade unless it is one. You, like Frankn, have desperate need of perspective. Egypt has no interest in fighting the US. Your isolationist approach would only end badly for the US.

-Ammo

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Don't call it a spade unless it is one. You, like Frankn, have desperate need of perspective. Egypt has no interest in fighting the US. Your isolationist approach would only end badly for the US.

-Ammo
Careful now, seems you are talking down to Frank and I.
Muslim Brotherhood is a "spade" and Morsi had the full backing of Obama...

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think as Americans, we are skeptical, of where the money goes.
Especially after so much cash went "missing" and/or was "misappropriated" in the Iraq war. Every other day, we see stories of monetary misappropriations, by just about anyone and everyone in government and big business.

With the great freedom of press we have in our country, and the fact, most ppl don't know how to keep their mouth shut, like an onion,, the layers peel away, eventually.

Government, politicians, big business, religion, and the bankers, all make for very strange bedfellows. And, it just keeps getting weirder........
People, on the other hand, have the capacity and are able to show great love, compassion, and generosity, to anyone regardless of color, race, or religion.

It has been way too long, that good people of EARTH, have been oppressed by others, in the "guise" of "help". I hope what Egypt is doing is a wake-up call to other oppressed ppl's of the world! There are places, where oppression and the radical brotherhood movemenths have a far tighter grip, than in Egypt. Just like RJC's videos of the tiananmen square massacre. it takes people finally standing up and saying "No Mas",
ooops, I mean "NO MORE"! LOL!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well stated!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and how much blood did it take for the US to become independant? Was it ok for W to give money to the dictator Mubarrak? Niether is ok, just be fair.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful now, seems you are talking down to Frank and I.
Muslim Brotherhood is a "spade" and Morsi had the full backing of Obama...

Muslim Brotherhood is a spade, true, but I thought you were referencing Egypt, which is no spade.

You are incorrect in your statement that Mursi has Obama's full backing. The US gov't supported a democratically elected leader. This is political expediency. Watch what happens now. You think the US is going to offer Mursi a retirement package or something?

And as for talking down, I was not. I was laying aside political correctness, as you suggested in an earlier post. One must call a spake a spade, after all.

-Ammo

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Muslim Brotherhood is a spade, true, but I thought you were referencing Egypt, which is no spade.

And as for talking down, I was not. I was laying aside the political correctness, as you suggested in an earlier post.

-Ammo
The talking down part: You, like Frankn, have desperate need of perspective.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And as for talking down, I was not. I was laying aside the political correctness, as you suggested in an earlier post.

-Ammo

It is coming across as insulting and talking down to members including me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's good that we both can agree the Muslim Brotherhood is a spade though...

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ... if people are going to discuss these issues they need more perspective and less rhetoric.

My perspective: I live in Egypt, although I am not currently there. I speak Arabic. I have two master's degrees, one of which is in sociology. I have connections which are relatively close to the current happenings in Egypt. My information comes from sources beyond US media outlets.

-Ammo

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only ppl that will be able to overthrow the brotherhood, will be there own.
Any other outsiders that come in, are going to be looked upon with skepticism and resentment, just the same as us Americans, would do, if another country came over here, and tried to tell us what to do.

The beginning of understanding how we can all unite to fight the common enemy of evil, or the brotherhood, is dialogue. We have to break down the barriers of differences, and see each other as human beings, first, imho. It is very hard for one that does not understand the culture and history of a ppl, to be able to fully understand that people.
So I commend all on this board, that seek truth and knowledge, above rhetoric and mudslinging. We got our government for that!
Let's US AS PEOPLE, show the governments, how to win hearts, and have proper fiduciary relationships, with our neighbors of earth.
We should dictate to our governments, not have our governments dictating to us!

Last edited:

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting that my political thread was locked "to be deleted later," but this one and others were not.

-Ammo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting that my political thread was locked "to be deleted later," but this one and others were not.

-Ammo

It was locked because it was not limited to political happenings in Egypt, but had strong US political tones as well.... If this one does not turn US political it will remain, if it turns political it will end up being locked and deleted.... the only place any political thread can be is in the 2nd amendment forum and must be related to 2nd amendment in some way.

I closed another thread because you were talking down to members including myself...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions