Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will never be peace in countries ruled by religion! Frank.
I'll re-address this statement, because the irony I find in it is; Is not our own country, America, not founded on freedom of religion? Many of our laws are based on certain books' principals/rules/law. What motto do we put on our currency? So if, as the majority of americans believe, that our country too, is based on "religion", would that mean we will never have peace either?

We have many closed-minded religious radicals in this country as well. Wanna see that leader of Westboro Baptist as Prez? What a way his church shows "love for fellow man"! huh?
What about Koresh's, now little defuncted clan? Warren Jeffries, is it (OMG!)? Heavens' Gate......
Blind, deaf, and dumb, leading the blind, deaf, and dumb, imho. sad.......

So to say, others have their radicals of hate, I would think one must not be as obtuse as to think, we don't have our own, also.
$0.02, for what it's worth.

eta: and on the reality 'assumptions", if atoms and molecules are made of 99.9% space, and science concedes that only observation of said particles results in an effect, then even reality may not be real. One cannot truly observe what one does not observe/perceive. eh, did that come out right? :laughing7:

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I'll re-address this statement, because the irony I find in it is; Is not our own country, America, not founded on freedom of religion? Many of our laws are based on certain books' principals/rules/law. What motto do we put on our currency? So if, as the majority of americans believe, that our country too, is based on "religion", would that mean we will never have peace either?

We have many closed-minded religious radicals in this country as well. Wanna see that leader of Westboro Baptist as Prez? What a way his church shows "love for fellow man"! huh?
What about Koresh's, now little defuncted clan? Warren Jeffries, is it (OMG!)? Heavens' Gate......
Blind, deaf, and dumb, leading the blind, deaf, and dumb, imho. sad.......

So to say, others have their radicals of hate, I would think one must not be as obtuse as to think, we don't have our own, also.
$0.02, for what it's worth.

eta: and on the reality 'assumptions", if atoms and molecules are made of 99.9% space, and science concedes that only observation of said particles results in an effect, then even reality may not be real. One cannot truly observe what one does not observe/perceive. eh, did that come out right? :laughing7:

First, What my original statement meant was a country ruled by a religion.
Second, This country is not ruled by religion, In fact there is a definite separation of church and state. The original intent here is that all religions are allowed, but they are all separate from government.Yes , In God We Trust is on our money,

As for your third paragraph, I don't recall anything in my bible that says, " kill the non believers". A practice that was just carried out in Syria with the public beheading of a priest as the villagers cheered and took pictures.

As for your last paragraph, the theory is that if you look in the box, the cat will not be there. Frank...

111-2 the catnapper.jpg The Catnapper by di Vinci

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recall anything in my bible that says, " kill the non believers".
View attachment 825145 The Catnapper by di Vinci
Well someone must have glossed clean Ex 32:26-39, in your version! You reading the G-rated version?
Mine is pretty brutal! And pretty concise. :laughing7:

I find basically, anyone, including myself, can cherry pick verses, phrases, even words, to mince meat over. From my understanding, to talk, discuss, review subjects(civilly) for clarifications and interpretations is something we are meant to do. Other wise, we'd just all believe the glossed over news stories of fox and cnn we hear everyday. Right? :laughing7:
(I wouldn't want anyones' thread shut, because we can't play nice discussion, within certain rules either)

I always find 9 cats in the box, do you know why that is? :laughing7:
Thanks for the nice kitty cat pic.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well someone must have glossed clean Ex 32:26-39, in your version! You reading the G-rated version?
Mine is pretty brutal! And pretty concise. :laughing7:

I find basically, anyone, including myself, can cherry pick verses, phrases, even words, to mince meat over. From my understanding, to talk, discuss, review subjects(civilly) for clarifications and interpretations is something we are meant to do. Other wise, we'd just all believe the glossed over news stories of fox and cnn we hear everyday. Right? :laughing7:
(I wouldn't want anyones' thread shut, because we can't play nice discussion, within certain rules either)

I always find 9 cats in the box, do you know why that is? :laughing7:
Thanks for the nice kitty cat pic.

There's a can of 9 lives cat food in there?
I just use the ordinary KJ version. Frank... Deserata-1692.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a can of 9 lives cat food in there? Frank...
NO!
Do you know what they do to cats in the ME? :laughing7:
Well, let's just say, cats rank below women!
That's why they stay in the box! :laughing7:
(it won't let me eta, j/k below the pic. no offense meant, just trying to stay light hearted)

Attachments

• catattack.jpg
    catattack.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pat, I think where the problem lies is not when a government is or is not religious. It is when religion becomes the law of the land that the problems begin.

Hopefully, religion encourages the people of a government to work within the bounds of that country's laws.

When a religion becomes the law of the land, then you are inviting zealots to become overzealous and take the law into their own hands.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
attachment.php

Pat, I think your cat looks well 'invested' lol Frank...
PS: Take note, NSA has just pulled the image!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Pat, I think where the problem lies is not when a government is or is not religious. It is when religion becomes the law of the land that the problems begin.

Hopefully, religion encourages the people of a government to work within the bounds of that country's laws.

When a religion becomes the law of the land, then you are inviting zealots to become overzealous and take the law into their own hands.

Hay, I think you got my point! Frank...

View attachment 825570

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hehehehe
Ninja cat says: "Bring it, nsa, we got something for ya"! :laughing7:

"Watch Out! I Mess You Up"!
whoa cat simmer down.gif

If me and my cats are the NSA's biggest worry, we are ALL in trouble! :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Religion kills more people than governments..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread