Question: Would you guys date a girl going to college for eleven years?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wife wanted me to ask everyone this as her friend is considering going to college to become a child psychologist. Her cousin came up and spent four days with her and ended up rudely saying no guy will date her if she does this as she would need to be supported as well as her going to the gym has made her look anorexic. I don't think she looks anorexic and I would say her cousin who is a rather large girl is just trying some awful tactics and she is a toxic person to be around. What do you all think?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
There is some truth to this. I had a lot of problems getting dates in medical school. Nobody wants to date a med student. They are so busy they don't have time to breath, they are sleep deprived, they are constantly worried about failing tests, and the constant work makes them cranky. Now grad school is nowhere as intense as med school, the first four years is undergrad, meaning that if the guy didn't go to undergrad she probably would not be that interested in him. The next year is Masters, which is tough, but easily datable. The remaining 4-7years is grad school. That will be the tricky time as this is the point in life when a lot of people are getting married and having kids. She will be able to get dates...no doubt; but finding somebody to stick around during this period will be tough.

If she has an eating disorder things will be extremely tough for her; let us assume she does not. Tell her to follow her goals and ignore this other person. That being said, child psychology is an extremely difficult field.

Tell her to go to college, get a four year degree, major in psychology, enjoy life, and figure out where the cards lay later. It is too early in life for her to map out a path and plan. Life often has other things in mind.

Been there...done that,
Crispin

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I will be sure to forward this along. She will be at the house tonight as she always does. My wife and her friend usually do a work out video every night. This girl certainly does not have an eating disorder at all, but rather is just trying to stay in shape.
Crispin, she will be down to Florida with us in October and I am sure she could use some words of encouragement.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She isn't going to college to get dates.... If I was single and met a woman I like who was back in college it would not stop me from dating her at all.........

Sounds to be like her cousin is jealous...........

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be that maybe the cousin is starting to be left out, and is striking out because she will now have a diminished place in her cousins life. I think that perhaps she should now look to get one of her own.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be sure to forward this along. She will be at the house tonight as she always does. My wife and her friend usually do a work out video every night. This girl certainly does not have an eating disorder at all, but rather is just trying to stay in shape.
Crispin, she will be down to Florida with us in October and I am sure she could use some words of encouragement.

Well, unless she has a detector she is not invited to the beach with us. :) However, I will be happy to tell her more about the field and the path of medicine in person.
Crispin

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tell her to become a brain surgeon like me. good money and not much interaction with patients

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an Education, or lack of, doesn't float my Boat.
personality & looks do.
Yes I'm like that.... If someone doesn't look at her & me & think What is she doing with him ? or what can she possibly see in him ?
it is no fun :dontknow:

My favorite dates have been when an old friend or acquaintance would see us, & think my date is my daughter :thumbsup:

of course now I would hope they think my Grand daughter :laughing7:

and look like this

amanda-bynes-blue-hair-7913-ap_606.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, used to be they didn't have to start dying their hair blue 'til they passed 65!
images.jpg
But a Blue Haired "young" lady looks allot better :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an Education, or lack of, doesn't float my Boat.
personality & looks do.
Yes I'm like that.... If someone doesn't look at her & me & think What is she doing with him ? or what can she possibly see in him ?
it is no fun :dontknow:

My favorite dates have been when an old friend or acquaintance would see us, & think my date is my daughter :thumbsup:

of course now I would hope they think my Grand daughter :laughing7:

and look like this

View attachment 826594

Jeff, I have had people meet my wife and I and then ask me "oh is this your grand daughter?" before I even have a chance to introduce my wife, I laugh and say, no she is my wife, but thank you anyway..." LOL, LOL :laughing7:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK .. I cant hold my tongue any longer. dieselram94 let me get this straight, your wife's friend talked about her life long dream she wants to pursue to help others, and after only a few days talking to her cousin she is worried she will miss out on her other life's dream .. a family and kids and someone that will love her? Pop-E-Cock what a load of malarkey, pardon my french.

YOU FRICKEN TELL HER

Go for the dream, there is no reason she can't have both !!!!!!!!!!!

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When Mrs. Backbacon and I first hooked up I was fully immersed for four years working wild bush fires and sometimes would be away for quite some time. One year I was away for 72 days then having 2 days off, followed by another 27 day stretch with another 2 day vacation followed by a huge Fall fire that kept me busy for another 110 days. Most other years were pretty much the same but only following the flames and working out of Province. She, at the time was half way through her Degree for Accounting and Finance and I have stood by her as she did for myself. She , my wife, sounds one in the same as your Cousin with the working out as Mrs. Backbacon is a Kick Boxer and has been a member of a MMA Gym for almost four years now. Before that she spent 5 years in the Canadian Navy and can out shoot and kick the crap out of most men. If your Cousin doesn't get any dates then she will be better off until quality suitors come beckoning her way. I agree with TH's analogy of a tad bit of jealousy from her Cousin.... Tell her to stick with it and we all know that this world we live in needs more younger people like her with drive and ambition.

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the chubby one does a hand me down thing with her cloths and thinks she's anorexic cause they don't fit right:laughing7:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe the chubby one does a hand me down thing with her cloths and thinks she's anorexic cause they don't fit right:laughing7:

Lol. Fat girls usually aren't impressed with slim, fit, athletic girls.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I sure appreciate the replies everyone. We had a long talk with this girl last night and I just kind of came out and told her what a piece of work her cousin is and how she doesn't need that type of abuse. Her cousin lives in Boston and comes up to visit her in Maine once in a while, Every time she comes up it ends with her being put down. I told her her she needs to read the book "Boundries" by Dr. Henry Cloud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread