metal nugget

mclean

Jul 21, 2013
Scotland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal nugget 001.jpg metal nugget 002.jpg metal nugget 003.jpg

Hi there, this is a metal nugget I found at loch awe in scotland, doe's anyone know what type of metal it is? it weighs about 3 ounce.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's hard to tell by looking at a picture, but I would guess it has received a lot of wear from erosion or fire. The interesting thing is if you blow up the center picture there almost appears to be a map or at least some symbols on it. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
mclean

mclean

Jul 21, 2013
Scotland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello frank, thanks for your reply, I'm new to this game but I am saving up for a metal detector as we speak, I do alot of walking and fishing and like a magpie take shiny and interesting objects home, These bits of stone look like arrow heads or something, what do you think? find.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The top one possibly, but it is hard to tell. May I suggest that you place the light directly over the object, or light from both sides to avoid shadows. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

OP
OP
mclean

mclean

Jul 21, 2013
Scotland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arrow 001.jpg

Here's a better picture, looks a little like an arrow head.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay, now that is a good picture. I never got into arrowheads, only have one. There are a couple of threads here where the guys are really good at rocks and arrowheads, even stone knives. You should post in one of those. Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

OP
OP
mclean

mclean

Jul 21, 2013
Scotland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Frank, those pictures are smart are they near where you live.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Frank, those pictures are smart are they near where you live.

No, They are in the Western USA about 10 miles North East of Zion National Park. I travel a lot all over the USA. I live in Maryland which is on the East coast. Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg The Raven. I use to do a lot of photography.

OP
OP
mclean

mclean

Jul 21, 2013
Scotland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
misc 001.jpg bing 004.jpg scottish sky dragon.jpg

Here's some photos i've taken Frank, one is my dog, and the other 2 just sunset in scotland.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I like the sunset the best. That tree accents it just right. Here's my dog, Blue. Frank

Blue 1212.jpg

OP
OP
mclean

mclean

Jul 21, 2013
Scotland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Frank, that's a very healthy looking dog, i'm hopefully going gold panning in a couple of weeks I,ll try and get a few pictures for you to see,
Whats Maryland like to live in, I live in an old shale mining village, just a small place but plenty countryside to walk the dogs.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue is a Statfordshire Terrior commonly called a red nose pit bull. I have gold panned, but now use a spiral wheel. I think maybe you get lazy when you get older. lol
I have been all over the USA and like various areas at certain times of the year, but Maryland Has the best average living conditions. I live on 11 acres of an old farm I use to work.
Have a good time panning! Frank...

SCOTLAND-IRELAND 014-1.jpg Burn's Cottage at Ayr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread