The BLACK DEATH HAS ARRIVED************
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: The BLACK DEATH HAS ARRIVED************

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times

The BLACK DEATH HAS ARRIVED************

yes the same black death that wiped out a large chunk of Europe way back. It was found in a ground squirrel in the San Gabriel National Forrest just outside of LA. The 633 K ac National forrest has been shut down. I think this is the bubonic plague. I think I would forget detecting there today. Frank...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-4.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	322.1 KB 
ID:	834143

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18325 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I saw that article this morning too! A whole lot of new dangers appear to be coming now - like what is that stomach virus they can't identify yet but which is spreading quickly. Then there's MERS in China!
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankn View Post
    yes the same black death that wiped out a large chunk of Europe way back. It was found in a ground squirrel in the San Gabriel National Forrest just outside of LA. The 633 K ac National forrest has been shut down. I think this is the bubonic plague. I think I would forget detecting there today. Frank...

For cryin' out loud, guys. Plague has been around since the middle ages, or before. It's all over Arizona, New Mexico, and many other states. 20 years ago a guy in Montana got it, and died, after skinning a bobcat. But for all of that, it isn't really common. I hunted and skinned fur-bearers, for years, and never had a problem....that's how little the chances are, of catching the disease. About the same as being struck by lightning...LOL
    Jim

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20660 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Now,where is all this stuff coming from,some geeks in a lab? GodBless Cheis
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14120 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    STOP IT - tell me it ain't so!
    worldtalker likes this.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    For cryin' out loud, guys. Plague has been around since the middle ages, or before. It's all over Arizona, New Mexico, and many other states. 20 years ago a guy in Montana got it, and died, after skinning a bobcat. But for all of that, it isn't really common. I hunted and skinned fur-bearers, for years, and never had a problem....that's how little the chances are, of catching the disease. About the same as being struck by lightning...LOL
    Jim
    That's not the same virus.That one starts with an H, I don't remember the name. This one can be spread by fleas! The animal doesn't have to bite you. It spread so fast in Europe, I think it wiped out about half the population. They might have to burn the forest to stop this one. Frank...

Views:	106 
ID:	834148THE BALCK DEATH
    Last edited by Frankn; Jul 26, 2013 at 09:35 AM.

Sep 2012
    NW KS
    Deus, AT GOLD, AT PRO, TM-818, Pro Pointer
    18 times
    We're pretty glad when the prairie dog towns out here get the plague, wipes them out for awhile, seems to be the only thing to really control them. Happens in cycles thru the plains every 5-8yrs.
    Jim in Idaho and Sheperdess like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    That's not the same virus.That one starts with an H, I don't remember the name. This one can be spread by fleas! The animal doesn't have to bite you. It spread so fast in Europe, I think it wiped out about half the population. They might have to burn the forest to stop this one. Frank...

Views:	106 
ID:	834148THE BALCK DEATH
    No...they're all spread by flea bites. The plague is the same one that hit the world in the Middle Ages. It just lies quietly in the small animal population...like prairie dogs, ground squirrels, etc. The fleas that carry it can be on coyotes, bobcats, badgers, etc. It's just the odds. Occasionally the plague breaks out in an epidemic. Mostly you see that in Arizona, or New Mexico. It's been controlled fairly quickly in those cases. It could easily become a big deal again, but it isn't new. Don't fall for the hype.
    Jim

us
    Mar 2013
    MT
    gmt
    118 times
    Prospecting
    Another scare tactic to lock everyone out of the forest?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    3229 times
    Prospecting

Isn't it strange that this NEW danger just happens to show up in the San Gabriel forest where they have been trying to keep prospectors out, and discourage everybody else from using these public lands. Now they come up with this excuse to shut it down.....for ONE freakin squirrel...in 600,000+ acres.
    Jim

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    3229 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mtau View Post
    Another scare tactic to lock everyone out of the forest?
    If it works there, how long before they start doing that everyplace else? Same old government thing...scare everybody into giving up your birthrights, whether it's your constitutional rights, or rights to use public lands....first the fear, than the new, restrictive rules.
    Jim

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7961 times
    The Truth
    If it works there, how long before they start doing that everyplace else? Same old government thing...scare everybody into giving up your birthrights, whether it's your constitutional rights, or rights to use public lands....first the fear, than the new, restrictive rules.
    Jim
    It all boils down to the samething and on par with,be afraid of the terrorists give up your freedoms,though theyre trained and organized and armed by the us gov.
    XLTer and texasred777 like this.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2959 times
    Wonder if the gov employee that found it is still around? Frank...Click image for larger version. 

Views:	81 
ID:	834269

us
    Jul 2013
    a, ohio
    A $10 garage sale find.
    252 times
    Lol so worried over nothing yet. You k ow the plague,anthrax, and a lot of other mass killers are found in the soil. So next time your digging after that coin what your getting into.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6087 times
    Cache Hunting

THE BALCK DEATH
    I believe you are referencing the hanta (spelling??) virus. It comes from mice and only involves the waste where they have bedded down or otherwise defecated.

There was a construction worker on a bridge in south Louisiana who contracted it.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links