T H E H U M M I N G N O I S E ???????

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
THERE IS A STRANGE HUMMING NOISE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE HEARING ALL AROUND THE WORLD. Scientists have run tests and were unable to determine the source. It has been blamed on road noise and factories.
I think I know what it is because I have had it since I built my new house in the same spot as the old one that burned. The old house had a regular perimeter frame and floor joist setup. The new house has a slab floor that is 8" thick and poured at the same time as I poured the footers. These footers are sitting on bed rock. I can hear the trains go by as if they were going up my drive, and the trains are about 1 mile away on the other side of the Susquehanna River. My theory is that the river acts as an amplifier for the train vibrations and transfers the vibration to the bed rock. You can only hear it inside and it is louder at night. What do you think? Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn,
I hear what your saying in relation to the bedrock, pilings, etc..... I don't think so. I used to live in the middle of corn fields in Ga. I could hear a tractor trailer rolling 5 miles away down the road, and tell if he had a bad tire. The rail road tracks 2 miles from me, sounding in the middle of the night, like they were coming up my road. It's something else. Have you listened to the videos, from all around the world, with these sounds? It's something else.

Here's where it takes a weird turn, for me. I watched this wild video the other day. This video claims that it is the trumpets sounding!
I tap dance around this (because of forum rules), also because of translations, hidden meanings, allegories, and perceptions, it may be difficult to understand, till after the facts. (Kinda like, how they get the formulas for pi, from a certain book, and other hidden knowledges, thru pyramid measurements, earths circumference, distance of sun/moon, etc.... from this old old stuffs?). ??? I almost wonder, if it couldn't be earths' mantle and crust, shifting over the molten core? Something along those lines.

The video is on youtube, if you want a link, you may want to pm me. It is a religious leaning video, but some of the claims and assumptions.......? :dontknow: I have my filters, you would have to use your own filters, if you know what I mean. :icon_scratch:

It says some wild things...... but then again, I also subscribe to Bill Donahue at hiddenmeanings, too. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn,
I hear what your saying in relation to the bedrock, pilings, etc..... I don't think so. I used to live in the middle of corn fields in Ga. I could hear a tractor trailer rolling 5 miles away down the road, and tell if he had a bad tire. The rail road tracks 2 miles from me, sounding in the middle of the night, like they were coming up my road. It's something else. Have you listened to the videos, from all around the world, with these sounds? It's something else.

Here's where it takes a weird turn, for me. I watched this wild video the other day. This video claims that it is the trumpets sounding!
I tap dance around this (because of forum rules), also because of translations, hidden meanings, allegories, and perceptions, it may be difficult to understand, till after the facts. (Kinda like, how they get the formulas for pi, from a certain book, and other hidden knowledges, thru pyramid measurements, earths circumference, distance of sun/moon, etc.... from this old old stuffs?). ??? I almost wonder, if it couldn't be earths' mantle and crust, shifting over the molten core? Something along those lines.

The video is on youtube, if you want a link, you may want to pm me. It is a religious leaning video, but some of the claims and assumptions.......? :dontknow: I have my filters, you would have to use your own filters, if you know what I mean. :icon_scratch:

It says some wild things...... but then again, I also subscribe to Bill Donahue at hiddenmeanings, too. :laughing7:

Nice reply. I have seen several of the studies on this including the two university studies that claimed that they were stumped. I can understand sound traveling a long distance over flat land, but the train I hear is is across the river which is probably 1/2 mile wide and I am in a valley. I also hear another sound that is like rushing water. I think the train noise is actually amplified by the water and transmitted thru the bedrock . Sound can also be transmitted up to the ionosphere and alsobounced back down akin to radio waves. Sound moves in mysterious ways that sometimes seem to defy logic. Back when I was installing satellite receiving systems I had a shocking surprise. I stopped to inspect the trailer with the dish and was almost struck by a truck, I THOUGHT. The truck was about 1/2 mile away but the sat dish was facing me and app. 41" away. This is the prime focal point of the dish. It had amplified the sound of that truck. Live and learn I guess. Yes I read about Morani in the book of M. Of course there was Gabrial also.

I think tomorrow I will walk up to the barn and check out that old Apollo X9 sat antenna that has sat there for years. Just maybe! Frank...

skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm old, and you guys are talking about three bars over my head, but I'm five miles from the railroad, and depending on the weather or atmospherics or what ever, I can hear the train like it's right outside the door, but not all the time. Years ago we were off the coast of southern California fishing, and there was an oil company out there setting off dynamite charges looking for oil. The sound of the explosion would hit (thump) the hull of the boat before, or at least just about the same time we'd see the water spout up, at least to a kid it seemed like it was traveling faster than light, and I've remembered it for all these years. Funny how stuff like that sticks in your mind.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up the Taos New Mexico HUMMMMMMMM. Been around sense the 1990's Unexplainable.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Concrete and bedrock can carry low-frequency sounds a long, long ways.

Trains make a low-freq. sound as they cross the rails, and if low enough it
can travel for miles, through and over many things we think are "solid". Same
reason people used to "put ear to ground/rail" to listen for trains that are
far off yet.

There are so many people packing into cities now, and simply the din from
all those voices, cars, machines (subways, etc.) add up. Together, it's commonly
known as the "ambient" sound level. It's also the same reason I avoid cities
and large crowds like the plague...all that racket can drive a man nuts if they're
not used to it...and I ain't!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the humming sound is coming from Cher's vibrator. The one with the handlebars and kick starter...

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check the water, most cities use recycled toilet water. No limit to hormones, lead, and any number of other poisons in it. My wife thinks it is the air conditioners. She may have a point. I deal with emi and a ac puts out wicked emi. But if i had to blame a appliance, it would be the fridge.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I live on an old farm, Well 10 acres that are left of it. My water is from an artesian spring fault. Now that you mention it, Perhaps the water from the river connects to the water in the qualifier and thus the spring and finally my water system. There's a thought. As mentioned above, the earth and bodies of water do pass sound and RF in the ultra low frequency range. The Navy communicates with it's subs that way. In the NE coast area they have an antenna buried that is miles long. I think they use a 2HZ carrier wave if I remember correctly. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Look up the Taos New Mexico HUMMMMMMMM. Been around sense the 1990's Unexplainable.

I've been to Taos many times but haven't heard the hummm yet. Not everyone hears it. Others it bothers.
Systems have natural frequencies and resonance occurs when he frequency of excitation is equal to the natural frequency.
My pet theory about the big boulders in Death Valley that move with out explanation is based on resonate frequencies with the initial vibration taking place in the plates moving below the surface. The depth of Death Valley would place the boulders closer to the movement of the plates and that should produce less damping. Damping is what's done in mechanical systems to slow down or eliminate the oscillation usually by adding mass or isolating for instance with springs.

Current theory is that the boulders move when rain makes the ground slick and the wind pushes them around. That's a hard sell for me.

So Frankn, do you think what your experiencing is noise or vibrations. I know noise is also a vibration but noise can usually be defined separately from a vibration we feel except at a rock concert . Sometimes vibrations can be seen in a glass of water so you might see if what you hear/feel will vibrate water.

I did some work at a seismic lab for awhile. The antenna that was buried could pick up vibrations that were very small. Once it picked up an imbalance in a motor in their air handler. The problem was fairly ez to find because the frequency matched a motors rpm.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I've been to Taos many times but haven't heard the hummm yet. Not everyone hears it. Others it bothers.
Systems have natural frequencies and resonance occurs when he frequency of excitation is equal to the natural frequency.
My pet theory about the big boulders in Death Valley that move with out explanation is based on resonate frequencies with the initial vibration taking place in the plates moving below the surface. The depth of Death Valley would place the boulders closer to the movement of the plates and that should produce less damping. Damping is what's done in mechanical systems to slow down or eliminate the oscillation usually by adding mass or isolating for instance with springs.

Current theory is that the boulders move when rain makes the ground slick and the wind pushes them around. That's a hard sell for me.

So Frankn, do you think what your experiencing is noise or vibrations. I know noise is also a vibration but noise can usually be defined separately from a vibration we feel except at a rock concert . Sometimes vibrations can be seen in a glass of water so you might see if what you hear/feel will vibrate water.

I did some work at a seismic lab for awhile. The antenna that was buried could pick up vibrations that were very small. Once it picked up an imbalance in a motor in their air handler. The problem was fairly ez to find because the frequency matched a motors rpm.

Well I have always pictured a noise as something you hear and a vibration as something you feel, but in essence they are both the same.
Yea, those seismographs are extremely sensitive. Saw one at a government instillation. Drove it crazy working on some equipment.

Well what happens here has been verified by my two dogs. It drive the American Bulldog crazy sometimes. In bed at night It's not to bad, like a free vibrator.
There are really two sounds. I can tell the train by the clicket clack and sometimes the whistle. The other sound is like rushing water. I wear hearing aids and it is loud without them. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread