My tour in Iraq

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Diver,
They letting you wear Dragon Skin yet or do you still have to wear the Interceptor armor? After hearing all the hullabalo and seeing what that stuff can take, I think I would be way more comfortable jumping out of the truck in Dragon Skin...It's nice to see that NSA, CIA, and the generals get to wear the stuff. I bet the president wears it when he goes out into public too.

OP
OP
diverwannabe

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
Hey everyone sorry I have not had a chance to reply. First of all I would like to thank everyone for their support it means alot to all of us over here! We don't actually use the interceptor I opened up a photobucket account because I have way too many pics and videos to place on this site. I am in the process of putting put my bigger videos. My connection sucks but its still better than nothing at all! Heres my link! http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/diverwannabe/
I have been fiending to do some coinroll hunting and some MD that doesn't involve looking for explosives LOL. Navy EOD uses the eagle system for body armor which has better plates and module system, but its definately not dragon skin. Take care!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
diverwannabe said:
Navy EOD uses the eagle system for body armor which has better plates and module system, but its definately not dragon skin. Take care!

Diver,
Do they let you buy your own, or do they order you to not wear it, and threaten court martial and confuscation of death benefits to you family? Mack did a segment on it on future weopons and he hit the thing I think 20 times with an AK (I don't remember they what type of rounds they were...Steel core something or other) without any penetration. Keep up the good work, keep your head up and get home safe.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Diver...

Just checked out the photobucket pics and vids... your doing great work and we all look forward to your only posts being about CRH!

Watch yer back and cover yer buds... check in with us when you can.

T

TreasureTales

Like everyone else on this thread, I wish you a safe tour of duty. You guys are awesome. Remember all the support you have here on TNet and then multiply it by a couple hundred million - that's how many Americans support you. We may not grab the headlines, but we're here and we're rooting for you guys to succeed and to come home safe and sound. May God Bless our Service Members.

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless you and keep you safe. Thank you for what you are doing. I hope to go ROTC when I get to college. Are you infantry?

OP
OP
diverwannabe

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
No I am not infantry the navy has no such thing! I am on the spec ops side of the navy. I am not a seal either I get asked that all the time. Basically I am a bomb tech that is combat, dive and military freefall qualified. Its not an easy job to describe due to the vast missions that we cover. Its more of a lifestyle then a job, and I enjoy it completely.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
diverwannabe said:
No I am not infantry the navy has no such thing! I am on the spec ops side of the navy. I am not a seal either I get asked that all the time. Basically I am a bomb tech that is combat, dive and military freefall qualified. Its not an easy job to describe due to the vast missions that we cover. Its more of a lifestyle then a job, and I enjoy it completely.

When I graduated from HS I thought about the Navy (Grandpa was a signalman on LCT1299 in the South Pacific). I gave it some more thought my second year in college and decided against it. I have been thinking over the past year and believe that I should have done it. But now I have a family to support and don't want to go off to basic training for a couple months or leave them to go to gulf for a couple years. However, I do regret not going right out of HS or college a little bit.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all you guys & gals service to our
Country, from a fellow vet,(Vietnam era).
Stay safe, Fossis................

papa

Sep 21, 2006
DW, Stay safe,and remember,ALWAYS keep your butt lower than your head !!!
Having spent three tours in "Nam" I hope you get the top of the line equipment.If not start writing letters to everybody in Washington.
Hope to see you home soon,and safe !!!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
papa said:
DW, Stay safe,and remember,ALWAYS keep your butt lower than your head !!!
Having spent three tours in "Nam" I hope you get the top of the line equipment.If not start writing letters to everybody in Washington.
Hope to see you home soon,and safe !!!

The really sad part is that Dragon Skin is suposedly in the final phase of testing for Level IV protection by NIST (National Institutes of Standards and Technology) and they are spending all their time trying to dump benefits from the VA and debunk Dragon Skin when the stuff could help save VA spending with less torso injuries (if this is something that could lead to long term care needs)and save lives. Does the cost outweigh the benefit? I say never when lives are at stake. I would be in favor of a 10% tax hike if that's what it took to get Dragon Skin on our boys...as long as the b@$t@r&s took the hike away when the war was over. yes DW keep your eyes peeled and your head down. Come home safe.

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As a vet of the first Gulf War, and with a son who is heading over to the "Big Beach" in July, I wish you and all of your comrades "Good Luck, Safe Return & Godspeed". When your mission is over, drop me a line here in Florida. We will do some detecting that doesn't involve stuff blowing up, and the first round of beers are on me.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Ocaliman said:
As a vet of the first Gulf War, and with a son who is heading over to the "Big Beach" in July, I wish you and all of your comrades "Good Luck, Safe Return & Godspeed". When your mission is over, drop me a line here in Florida. We will do some detecting that doesn't involve stuff blowing up, and the first round of beers are on me.

Very good. If either of you are in NY, drop me a line. I will buy two rounds for both of you.

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
Hey DW!

Would like to add my thanks for your service. Tell everyone you talk to there that we are behind them 100%.

Sounds like you love what you are doing.

GO NAVY! :o)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread