My tour in Iraq

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
Well I have been in Iraq for about a month now. I am already fiending to search through some rolls of halves or go out and do some metal detecting. About the only thing I can do here is look for star notes which I am actually having quite a bit of luck with! Anyways I just wanted to show some pictures of what im doing over here. Enjoy!

OP
OP
diverwannabe

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
this first set of pictures is from a 120MM rocket fired into the international green zone. It hit a connex then went through the floor without detonating.

Attachments

• rocket.jpg
    rocket.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 509
OP
OP
diverwannabe

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
more..

Attachments

• insideconnex.jpg
    insideconnex.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 505
  • ricockethole.jpg
    ricockethole.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 493
  • digging.jpg
    digging.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 498
  • warhead.jpg
    warhead.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 505
OP
OP
diverwannabe

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
Yours truely! The second pictures is a bullet hole from a sniper that tried to shoot at me on Haifa street when I was recovering our robot. The bastard waited for me to get out of the vehicle to get the robot.

Attachments

• JERRV.jpg
    JERRV.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 493
  • fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 494

OldBillinUT

Feb 7, 2004
Thanks Diver I appreciate being able to see something besides what the papers and TV choose to show it's so limited and shows a lot of bias. Be careful pard and thank you for what you are doing there that takes a cool hand.

OB

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Post often Diver, we rarely get to see much out of Iraq. Congrats on the miss! Whew! Keep it up on those star notes, I've been searching for months with nothing.....

Daisy

Apr 16, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Whew! Close call! :o You're a brave man!
As mentioned earlier, we don't get the whole story on the news so thank you for the images.
Thank you for your service Diver. Stay safe and watch your 6!

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Ditto on the thanks for your service. Keep up the good work and come home safe. And believe me, there are an awful lot of us here that think you guys are doing a great job, and doing what needs to be done.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG BRASS ONES 8) ;)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures Diver - Thanks for your service and protecting America's interests. Be careful and hurry home!

P.S. My son is in the service and posted some pics of what he saw on MySpace - word got out and he was told to delete/delete/delete, or face punitive action.

M

MiniMe

diverwannabe said:
Yours truely! The second pictures is a bullet hole from a sniper that tried to shoot at me on Haifa street when I was recovering our robot. The #@!$%#@! waited for me to get out of the vehicle to get the robot.
First of all the *@*)&%^$'s don't fight fare anyway - They're sneaky little SOB'S. My son-in-law was over there for 2 tours and thank the Lord, he made it home safely. My son is currently in the Air Force stationed in New Mexico. Thank you and all of our soldiers for serving and protecting our country. Stay safe, keep your head down and don't trust any of them.... Hope you all get to come home soon...SALUTE!!! :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to start off with a big THANK YOU DW!!!!!! My family has a long history of Servicemen including myself.I'm MiniMe's husband,Son-in-law did two tour's and now our son is in the military.I say my Prayer's everyday for people I don't even know....Every time I spoke to my son-in-law over there I told him not to trust anyone period...that's just the way it is....You know the deal.Again be safe and looking for some good Ole' USA find's from you in the future......Bunch of Friggin' coward's over there.....Thank's again....I feel sorry for my "avatar"....Want the best for him!!!

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver, thanks for your service and being willing to put your life on the line for us back here in the States. I'm a Viet Nam veteran, so I kind of know what you are going thru. Thanks for the pictures. May God Bless and Keep You.

Huntin' 59er

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
goddamn diver, thats a little too close. be carefull over there and keep your head down. we are all super proud of you guys. i really hope that you all can come home soon.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
As a vet (Korea),I'm proud of the service,I'm proud of the job being done,and I'm proud of the men doing the job.Take care,soldier,walk tall and be proud and God Bless!

Ahunter

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
From a man who spent 15 years on actrive duty, you have my respect and thanks. Keep up the good work and keep your head down.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Diver,
Just to let you know my family and myself love each and every one of you guys. Stay safe and thank you for everything you do.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Heya Diver... From a fellow GI - Thanks. And keep your friggin' gear on! We all look forward to your safe return and appreciate your service.

Master Sergeant (Montana) Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread