Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stomp 2 kitty paws, once, and get two.
But I got 9 cats, doing it all at once, how I got 17? :laughing7:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I stomp 2 kitty paws, once, and get two.
But I got 9 cats, doing it all at once, how I got 17? :laughing7:

What gets me is,She is speaking to Adults,I have no idea what their response was,but,I'd say they shook the heads like a bunch of bobbles!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep...she is speaking to other educators...the topic is how to teach math.

there was a piece on tv last night...about free diving to depth...this one man dives to an unbelievable depth...to gain the record...he must remove his goggles, make the OK sign, then say he is ok...
this guy pulls his nose plugs, makes the ok sign, then removes his goggles and says he is ok...
he did not make the record...he did the dive depth, he did not follow the correct sequence of events...
understand?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
yep...she is speaking to other educators...the topic is how to teach math.

there was a piece on tv last night...about free diving to depth...this one man dives to an unbelievable depth...to gain the record...he must remove his goggles, make the OK sign, then say he is ok...
this guy pulls his nose plugs, makes the ok sign, then removes his goggles and says he is ok...
he did not make the record...he did the dive depth, he did not follow the correct sequence of events...
understand?
I have to read this again,but,you my Friend are on the right track. God Bless you.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh.................how did I reach that number? Well, 1 X 6 =43. 43 minus 16 = 5. Then you carry the 18 over 5-1/2 and you get 11! Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it is more important to know how you got the wrong answer even though it is wrong than getting the correct answer to begin with....

I am no going to want to fly or ride in or buy any products they build...
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This thread should probably be merged with the Deviants taking over Kalifornia thread.

I had a friend that tried for years to convince his girl that 1+1=3 ...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What happened to memorizing the multiplication table? It didn't come easy for me, but I had to do it. Oh, I get it, if the kid doesn't learn anything that means the union needs to get the teachers more money so the kids will learn. yes sir, that does come up to 11.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, I think I got it. (My wife is smarter than me so she explained it to me)...She says if I get a mid tone signal on my Garrett GTP and I dig up a pull tab and if I wrongly believe the pull tab is a 15 gram gold ring with 27 diamonds, and I can explain why I believe that...than I don't need to buy that Minelab CTX 3030 I been lookin' at...make sense?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Don't Blink

Apr 17, 2013
Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware of Common Core which uses Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI); which is the new buzz word, it was just Direct Instruction a few years ago. EDI employs operant and classical conditioning using word cues/noise cues and rewards. Just like you train your pet.

Here is the Common Core page stating that it uses EDI: How to Teach Common Core Standards (CCSS) Using EDI | DataWorks
Here is a video example of Direct Instruction:
This video shows (word cues) 'get ready' and (noise cues) finger snapping and (reward) earning points, at 3:48 the third grade teacher is using a clicker (sounds like dog training clicker to me).

geo4472

Feb 19, 2007
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
i guess the real answer needed here is if obama,biden,and clinton fell overbaord and you could only save one,,,,, what kind of sandwich would you make?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is really a contest for the most idiotic "educational" program ever.

"9 x 5 = 45 or die"

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my puppy friends was visiting this morning. :dog:
He went bow wow wow, three times, and got 81. ::)

He got distracted on the logic of it, though!
Ya know them goggies got short attention spans! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread