???????????????WHAT TYPE OF PERSON ARE YOU???????????????

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What, you don't like classifying people. Hay, to me, People are like candy bars in a wrapper. I really don't care what the wrapper looks like. It's the contents of the wrapper that I judge. We have little control of our wrapper, but we are the sole composer of the contents. Now I admit that I do classify people on the contents. I usually break them down to city folks, and country folks. To me city folks are a bit artificial and country folks are a bit more realistic. Hay, some city folk types live in the country and some country folk types live in the city. You don't always have a choice where you can afford to live. I spent my first 30 years in the city, although on the outskirts. It was by necessity. I was buying an old farm for investment with a partner. He lucked out and got the job of assistant manager of Madison Square Garden and needed money for a home in NJ. I found a buyer for half the farm and my partner moved on. I had converted an old Gray hound bus into a motorhome over a years time. So I just picked up with my wife and one year old daughter to the farm. We converted a small barn to a home over a period of a year. We became country all the way.
So at 76, I have seen both sides of the coin. Frank...

STILL LIFE-0002-1.jpg STILL LIFE-7 014-2.jpg STILL LIFE-0002-2.jpg The forground is AZ, the Mt. in the back is Cal.

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Country not a doubt about it.. I moved to the city right out of high school to get away frmo my small town and chase down the millions I knew were waiting for me.. Only to find out I hate living in the city and am still not a millionare.. The fall trees in the mountains of Pennsylvania just can't be topped in my opinion.. My hunting and fishing spots could never be replaced and my family is within shouting distance.. Something special abot knowing you belong and your favorite places are just a stones throw away.. Besides in the city clean jeans and a camo shirt and hat were'nt acceptable dress clothes LOL...

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a bush man at heart an usually spend at least 3 nights a week out at my cabin overlooking a beautiful lake that is full of fresh fish and the land that is full of wild game. I can live off of the land if need be and feel truly at home when I'm there. I am an optimist and look for the good things in life rather than the bad and would do anything for friends and family. Although I do live in the city four days a week I am in no way city folk and do sport camo every day of the week (after work) and have been sporting that type of apparel and a big beard in the Fall and Winter way before Willie Robertson (Duck Dynasty) could even grow his first whisker. I also could not give a hoot about what anyone thinks of me as I am quite comfortable just being myself.
ass.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
WHAT REALLY GETS ME, is when people move out to the country and try to bring the city with them. They don't like the dandelions in your lawn, they think you let your lawn grow to tall before you cut it. They yell when your dog comes in there yard, the smoke from your grill blows in there yard etc. There want everyone to live to their standards. Thank heaven I have 10 acres left. Frank...

6 06-1 Yellowstone 063.jpg No that's not mine. It is in Wyoming below Cody somewhere.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess I'm more a country girl at heart than a big city type though I do like the finer things in life .I think I'm an oxymoron because I have gotten to take some wonderful trips,dined on wonderful food but I'm happiest at home with a book or just chilling with a friend and I don't need the best of everything in life to make me happy.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the towns were you have to be voted in to live there. 2013 and T.G. there still are places like that. To much invested here, cost to much to move the gun turret. Oh well that's city life.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a country quite life person..I live off the grid and enjoy the quiet and privacy.
I do work two days a week in a pretty upscale area, but am happiest at home and watching over my animals and the wildlife...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a product of the North Country, grew up in the same area that my Dutch ancestor's settled in 1630, and some still reside on the same land grants. Successfully navigated college to get degree in forest management , and graduate degree in wildlife biology. Worked the University scene for 7 years and headed back out to the woods as a consultant for private landowners. Needed the sanctuary and quiet of the Mtns. , and the Lake...That was 35 years, ago, and the country still is the best place to reside.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the city. London is my favorite, then Austin, but still spend time on the old ranch when the need for relaxation hits. Shooting, fishing, then dreaming about a movie and a great dinner in any big city...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Love the city. London is my favorite, then Austin, but still spend time on the old ranch when the need for relaxation hits. Shooting, fishing, then dreaming about a movie and a great dinner in any big city...

You need a super big screen TV and a chef at the ranch to complete it. lol Frank...

6 06-1 Yellowstone 063.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I like the towns were you have to be voted in to live there. 2013 and T.G. there still are places like that. To much invested here, cost to much to move the gun turret. Oh well that's city life.

Watch out for the black ball ! LOL Frank...

castle home.jpg

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is an explanation of one type for ya'...It's the "Hoosier". (I'm from Indiana so I'm allowed to comment, ha ha). Kentucky was settled long before Indiana by woodsmen and trappers. They had a tradition of leaving their cabins unlocked while they were on hunting trips so any other hunter could use their place for shelter if needed, likewise they could make themselves at home in any open cabin they needed in an emergency. All was well until the "easterners" started showing up across the Ohio in Indiana in the early to mid 1800s, they were transplanted "city folks" and were used to locking up their houses. If a Kentuckian happen to be on the Indiana side of the river and needed shelter of some kind he had to knock on the door and the occupants would yell out "WHO'S THERE?". The Kentuckians began to call them, "who's there" cabins, or in frontier slang, "Hoosier cabins"...So there you have it, a person from the city who moves to the country and doesn't know how to act is a "Hoosier".

PS. I know there are some who scoff at this origin of "Hoosier" but it is the one that makes sense, especially if your an old country lovin' guy like me and you have to deal them transplanted city folks like Frank mentioned...ya'll come back now, ya'hear.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Country MOUNTAIN MAN... born & raised in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia; Shenandoah National Park/Blue Ridge Parkway. Worked for USDA in my younger years; my "area" was from UPPER Shenandoah Valley down to Roanoke, Virginia. Warren & Clark Counties SOUTH. Told my wife, want my ashes lofted off Loft Mountain on Skyland Drive; "fly" free in the wind.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a suburbanite through and through. NJ is basically a big suburb so I really dont have a choice in the matter. I actually hate big cities. I find them fascinating, yet terrifying. I like the prospect of taking in all a big city has to offer but the safety of knowing I dont have to live there. On the other hand, my dad lives in the country (in NC). I love visiting him and spending time in the country but I know in my heart that I could NEVER live there full time. It is a small town and yet they have a black supermarket and white supermarket (unofficially but ask anyone that lives there, it is true).

Just 1 year ago, my wife and I were considering moving to another part of NJ (for work and family reasons). I had suggested we buy a farm and try something new. Unfortunately, it didnt work out that way. We ended up moving to a small suburb that is situated plop right in the woods surrounded by large state forrests on one side and the ocean on the other side. To me, it was the PERFECT alternative. It affords us a quiet and safe "country" lifestyle with all of the convenience of living close to city areas. In 20 minutes I can be so deep into the woods that noone would ever find me or if I go the other way, I would be in Atlantic City playing roullette.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like the best of both worlds JerseyBen.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Country now (and forever) but raised in New York City (Yuk...no offense to New Yorkers...I just always hated it there).

Anita

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a lot in common. Jersey!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've grown up with so many labels attached to ppl, myself, things, places. I chose to reject them all.
Just as soon as I identify myself as one thing, another thing pops up to show, I am also that too. So it's a paradigm and I think CoilyGirl said it best, "oxymoronic".
I like to think I am flexible enough, I can be anything and all things I desire to be. As soon as I define a role or part I play, it becomes dead, and a new phoenix emerges from the ashes.
Above all things, I think I would want to be known as, honest, true, and loyal. At least to myself first, and then to all I meet. Sometimes, life throws obstacles up to those endeavors, also.

I am usually happiest, when I am near water, but I also love the deep woods. I can rough it with the best of them, but I also prefer a nice cozy bed and the luxury of a nice kitchen and flushing toilets.
I guess you could say, that in the refining, I am still yet, waiting to be defined.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread