Look at it this way.

I Don't know what you paid for the Radiator

However

If You paid $150.00

odds are the China man or woman probably made 10 Cents
The factory maybe $15.00

Shipping etc. maybe doubled it. to $30.00

Importer sold it to the Distributor for maybe $60.00

You made the American Dealer Very happy :laughing7: he has $90.00 to spend because of you.

Of course you could have gone to a you Pull Junk yard,

WNEP-12501819-allentown.jpg

Pulled an original Chinese one off an
"American made" vehicle , Pretend "American Made"
is realy "American made", & paid $25.00

Or insist on proof of an American made one in front of your Eyes for $1500 :thumbsup:
and salute yourself
in the Mirror for buying American, and help make the manufacturer & his Union very wealthy

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Check your new radiator for leaks before you bother installing it.A car i used to have needed a new water pump,the one i bought ended up to be made in china.I installed it and it leaked worse than the old one.I took it off and took a good look at it.It was missing a gasket in it.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you folks have any pets and give them treats make sure they are not made in China as there have been many pet deaths in the last year because of them.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a nice dodge van at the auction, trouble is break lines looked bad so I changed the 2 lines from master to ABS. U.S. made 5.80$ a piece. Why bother to bend them myself. If you look around and have the time there are some good deals out there. And made here.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup onfire,it sucks when your in predicament and you dont have the time to look.I was 200 miles away from home at the time.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You could have just dumped in a bottle of Bars Leak like I did a year ago. Hasn't leaked since. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could have just dumped in a bottle of Bars Leak like I did a year ago. Hasn't leaked since. Frank... View attachment 861222

Bars Leak wouldn't have helped this. The inlet on the radiator for the top hose was split and leaking and it's made of plastic ..

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want Made in USA parts you need to go to Napa. Costs a little more but usually better quality. I personally think they should be required to put the flag of the country of origin on the front of the package...
Sounds good but unfortunately it's not true, not anymore. Those were the old days. Most of their parts are manufactured in China, Mexico, Canada and Japan. Now you can buy CHEAP products anywhere.

Truth be told the original radiator in the op's 2002 Crown Vic probably wasn't made in the USA anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions