Dumbest Thing You Could Say To A Congresswoman Who Lost Her Legs

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Shows how VA Disability has changed to VA Welfare.

What's The Dumbest Thing You Could Say To A Congresswoman Who Lost Her Legs In Battle? Um, THIS.

An IRS contractor named Braulio Castillo hurt his foot playing football in military prep school. He never served in the actual military. Then one day, decades later, he used it to get preferred treatment in government contracts. Rep. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), who lost both her legs and still could lose her arm from combat injuries, felt that this might just be a touch inappropriate. It gets amazing around 4:30.

This is especially egregious in light of the fact that it takes most vets an unnacceptably long time to get the help they need for basic services, let alone government contracts. My friend, who is a vet, informed me that many vets don't feel like they can apply at all because their injuries were so mild compared to injuries vets like Rep. Duckworth had. (Said vets have very valid injuries, like PTSD, shrapnel, and brain trauma, etc.) So the world needs to know about guys like this to prevent them from getting away with fraud. I'd love it if you shared and tweeted this. My friends who actually sacrificed in the line of duty would really appreciate it, too.

Congresswoman Duckworth, was brilliant and brings to mind the fact
that she is a real war hero. As a captain and pilot, her helicopter
was shot down over Iraq and she lost both of her legs and use of her
right arm.

In this video she is addressing a man named Castillo. Mr. Castillo is
an example of what is known as "pin-stripe patronage", which is not
confined to Chicago . In this system we create welfare for the rich by
providing special contracts and government work for those who are
connected and contributors to whomever is in power.

Mr. Castillo's business received $500 million dollars in federal
business because he claimed he was a disabled veteran.

Mr. Castillo's injury consists of hurting his foot while playing
football at an elite college prep school! He never served a day in the
service of his country, but he claimed playing football at college
prep ROTC was an injury as in combat! This is unbelievable and
infuriating beyond belief. Watch what Duckworth says to Mr. Castillo,
who has made millions from his "disabled veteran status", while real
disabled veterans live under viaducts and in alleys because of what
they saw or did in the defense of this nation.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I can press "Like" on that my friend !!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time wounds all heels!
Someone with a conscious, would be picking up a weapon, one last time, after THAT!
I'm sure, he has too much (money) to live for........ I'm so very sorry vets, and ty.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was ready to move this to Comedy Central.
I was expecting to see a punch line.

And sorry, Although it sounds like he scammed the system.

Putting him down for Not taking up a weapon to shoot people he never met
isn't cool in my book either.

Perhaps he doesn't believe in Killing at all,
& we should leave that to those who can

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many did serve important roles during times of war, that never fired a shot, or held a weapon, no problem with that.
I've just never seen anyone claim a sport injury, combat related, and use it so opportunistically, for monetary gain.
Perhaps he needs a new cause........

https://ourbravest.org/

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many did serve important roles during times of war, that never fired a shot, or held a weapon, no problem with that.
I've just never seen anyone claim a sport injury, combat related, and use it so opportunistically, for monetary gain.
Perhaps he needs a new cause........

https://ourbravest.org/

Yes I do think that is outrageous. Sports is playing , it's not even work .
would be the same as claiming a Combat injury twisting an Ankle on Black Friday imo

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I Googled this guy's name and came up with the following article....

Braulio Castillo, president and CEO of Strong Castle, testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington

The welter of special rules and exemptions making one’s company eligible for government contracts has always been ripe for abuse.

Fascinating to watch Rep. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill. – a one-time UH-60 Black Hawk pilot who lost both legs to an RPG in Iraq in 2004 – train her laser rangefinder on Braulio Castillo at a Wednesday hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee for an injury he suffered 20 years before hers.

Castillo had claimed he hurt his foot while at the U.S. Military Academy prep school entitled him to special consideration as a “service-disabled veteran-owned small business.” That designation helped his company land federal contracts, including some $500 million from the Internal Revenue Service.

Let’s review the bidding, according to the committee’s report:

– Castillo attended the military prep school, paid for by U.S. taxpayers, in 1984-85. He injured his foot in an orienteering exercise.

– He has no other military service.

Notes the report:

Braulio Castillo would not have been considered a veteran had he completed his year at USMAPS without injury. Normally, a cadet is not considered a veteran until he or she graduates from West Point, enters active duty, and subsequently leaves active duty. Time spent at USMAPS and West Point is considered training, not active duty. However, if a person is injured at either school, he or she becomes a veteran due to the service-connected disability. This policy is codified with respect to service at the academies, and is extended in the Code of Federal Regulations to include prep schools.

– Despite his foot injury, he played football at the University of San Diego, where he played quarterback and linebacker. Noted the Los Angeles Times in a 1985 story:

Quarterback Braulio Castillo passed for 90 yards and one touchdown for San Diego City (1-4, 1-6). He also rushed for 70 yards and one touchdown.

– Castillo didn’t seek government help for his injured foot for 27 years, until shortly before launching his company.

This kind of behavior, alas, isn’t uncommon. But rarely is it so nakedly on display.

The military academies’ prep schools have long been a scam. The fact that one scam begat another is simply one of those follies that would delight the psyche were U.S. taxpayers not footing the bill.

And if you injured your foot while footing that bill? Tough.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
everyone of us that served in the military wrote our country a blank check payable with our lives.

The bile I feel towards Castillo cannot be expressed.

Thank you Davest, you and I agree once again.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rant delete by sender.....

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was ready to move this to Comedy Central.
I was expecting to see a punch line.

And sorry, Although it sounds like he scammed the system.

Putting him down for Not taking up a weapon to shoot people he never met
isn't cool in my book either.

Perhaps he doesn't believe in Killing at all,
& we should leave that to those who can

If he wasn't willing to put his life on the line for this country that was his choice, but he sure as heck should not be taking money from those who could use it and did put their life on the line......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions