Am I getting paranoid?

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My practice is to tell no one where I found it or show you where I hunt. I feel I am being stalked by another dude trying to snipe my researched finds. I was at a public park where the local fair was the weekend before in my town. First one guy shows, no big deal plenty of space to share. He moved to another area so I had where I was working to myself. Next dude showed up and approaches me. He wants to talk and says he is a,"detectorist" too. I just want to be left alone and figure if this guy really understood someone with a metal detector he would do just that. Says he is from 2 towns over and was passing by and wants to detect also. OKay it is a public park. He gets his machine out and I find my way back to my truck and leave. 3 guys in one place with the park maintenance employees in the area. There are no park rules on detecting and I feel why give someone a reason to gripe and create one.
Next morning I stop at a place I have been doing a lot of research and leg time on. This is a dirt road that passes around a big reservoir . There is very little traffic especially around 9AM. My truck is easily identifiable I am already out in the woods a little bit but can still make out my vehicle. I see a truck go by where I am parked, it slows down to stop and looks hard for a moment and drives away. Note this is 8-9 miles from the park I was at the day before. After about 3 hours out in the woods and a bunch of mosquito bites later I come out of the woods and make my way along the shore and dig a few sinkers and some clad pocket drops on my way back to my truck. I am on the east shore the cove area where I am is about 100 yards tops across. I can hear something or someone walking along in the brush on the west shore but because of the under growth can't see what it is and figure a deer, Right? Back in my truck I leave and drive along the west shore road. There is the same dudes truck from the day before, the same colored truck that slowed down by my truck earlier when I first went out. Positive the same guy who felt he needed to bother me while I was swinging. Across the cove from where I was parked. Coincidence? He could not have known I was going to be there I didn't even know myself. I know that I will be exercising my second amendment rights from now on when I am out in the brush alone. Creepy is all I got.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread