Grand Theft Auto V: A testament to todays society

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Theft, out-of-control gangs, murder, drugs, prostitution, extortion, mayhem, and a general disregard for life, property or moral values.

Hell,if I want all that all I have to do is take a ride to Dorchester.:laughing7:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grossed more$$$ in one day then the top movie this week ??????
They should have had the title in cursive that would have probably cut sales in half:laughing7:

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Played a lot of GTA IV ... doing hits for the mob, etc.

Once I completed the game, used to get on the elevated railway and snipe the mob guys or the Japanese gang members. If you were careful you could pick off a couple hundred before they found a way to kill you.

... and yes, I used the unlimited ammo cheat :skullflag:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theft, out-of-control gangs, murder, drugs, prostitution, extortion, mayhem, and a general disregard for life, property or moral values. You want it? You got it! Better hurry before they are all sold out.
Who needs the video game, when you got real life live! This was a shocker!
Warning there is a violent crash towards the end, after the black Mercedes passes the left lane driver on the left(est speed 100+mph), the camera pans out, then a VERY violent crash. Shocked the poop outta me, watching it live(well almost).
If you are not disturbed by these things on some level, there is something wrong with you.

Wild Police Chase On U.S 27 Ends In Shoot Out « CBS Miami

The victim in the hit car was ejected, the police were able to get to the victim and get them out of there. No word on the victims condition at this point.
Video games are one thing, real life is another.

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha....Its sad...I guess im getting older...But i was telling a buddy of mine WHY i think the kids of the world are so Effe'd up....Video games being one of them...and that damn Rap music..lol....Which i listen to in High School....but didnt base my life around it...These games are horrible...and the sad thing is...alot of Adults are still into this Video Game thing...I do play some games....but old school stuff...not games that if i get a hooker i get bonus points

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
hahaha....Its sad...I guess im getting older...But i was telling a buddy of mine WHY i think the kids of the world are so Effe'd up....Video games being one of them...and that damn Rap music..lol....Which i listen to in High School....but didnt base my life around it...These games are horrible...and the sad thing is...alot of Adults are still into this Video Game thing...I do play some games....but old school stuff...not games that if i get a hooker i get bonus points

So you blame rap music, which you listen to, and video games, which you play, for why "kids of the world are so effed up"...
I assume you are excluding yourself from the group you refer to as "effed up", so what makes you so different from the kids of the world?

Just trying to understand your statement.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you blame rap music, which you listen to, and video games, which you play, for why "kids of the world are so effed up"...
I assume you are excluding yourself from the group you refer to as "effed up", so what makes you so different from the kids of the world?

Just trying to understand your statement.

No, I did all this in the 90s.....when i was a kid...Go listen to what they call rap nowadays and tell me how it compares to stuff from the 90s..All i was getting at is everyone wants to be a Thug and live the high life like these loser rappers

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who needs the video game, when you got real life live! This was a shocker!
Warning there is a violent crash towards the end, after the black Mercedes passes the left lane driver on the left(est speed 100+mph), the camera pans out, then a VERY violent crash. Shocked the poop outta me, watching it live(well almost).
If you are not disturbed by these things on some level, there is something wrong with you.

Wild Police Chase On U.S 27 Ends In Shoot Out « CBS Miami

The victim in the hit car was ejected, the police were able to get to the victim and get them out of there. No word on the victims condition at this point.
Video games are one thing, real life is another.
Does art imitate life, or life imitate art?
Where as in video games, you can get up and walk away from the game, real life, has different rules.
Unfortunately, the victim who was ejected from the car, was NOT transported to the hospital(not a good sign).
The shots the officers retrieved from, as they approached the suspects car after the accident, was a self inflected injury.
REAL LIFE FOLKS! YA GET NO RE-TAKE OR DO OVER! THINK ABOUT IT!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the primary topics of the vast majority of RAP songs?

Drugs, violence, sex, (primarily the abuse and disrespect of women.)

I can't imagine why people would think that is a bad influence....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It causes one to have "lack of love" for not only himself, but others as well.
It desensitizes one, to the brutality of violence, also celebrated as being "the norm".
It then blurs the lines, between what is real and what is fantasy.

We have instructions to beware and be aware, of the things we perceive.
If one has proper perceptions to start with, they will be able to better "draw the lines" clearly, so to say.
Without proper perceptions and/or a moral compass, well.......
we have the world we have today.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It desensitizes one, to the brutality of violence, also celebrated as being "the norm".
It then blurs the lines, between what is real and what is fantasy.

Thats the whole idea of it.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the good things about playing games, all those simi young guys with joy sticks in there hands are pretty good with Drone strikes. And by the way Obama is pretty good at playing games. ya think?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Darn, I can't afford an XBox, itunes or even a trip to Detroit. I feel deprived. I miss Vanilla Ice and K-Fed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread