Just read this in a post from an acquaintance in Great Britain ...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just read this in a post by an an acquaintance from Great Britain.

Just saw an advert on a phone box. It was by HMRC and stated: We are closing in on undeclared income. If you have declared all your income you have nothing to fear. Perhaps I'm old fashioned but when I was young living in fear of your government was what people did in the rest of the world, not in Great Britain. Here we lived in awe of the majesty of the state but we never feared it. An advert like that would never have seen the light of day. The merest suggestion to the politicians and bureaucrats that the population that worked to pay their wages should fear them would have been anathema. However since B'liar brought us "New Britain" and stoked the fires of the "War on terror" there has been an increasing slide down the rocky slope of Soviet style oppression, perpetuated by Phoney Tony's acolyte Dave "Hug-a Nazi" Cameron. The raft of anti-terror laws drafted in the wake of 9/11 have been used in Britain to allow the state to take an iron grip and pervade every aspect of the lives of its population and to oppress wherever possible. These laws have been abused to spy on how people use waste bins for God's sake. We elect these people on the premise that they will do their best by us. Instead they seem to be taking every opportunity to attack the population with ever increasing ferocity, especially those at the bottom of the social and economic ladder. What next? Will the DSS place banners above the doorways of jobcentres emblazoned with the slogan: Arbeit Macht Frei! Hundreds of thousands of UK citizens will this winter face the choice of going hungry or getting very cold. The politicians and civil servants on their lavish salaries and expense accounts paid for by the poor sods with chattering teeth and empty bellies will not face
that choice, nor will they care about the poor sods who have to. As long as they have declared all their income.
smile.gif

Guess they're in the same boat as we are on the money front.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they were ahead of us in that.. looks like all of a sudden they aren't that far ahead! There were laws in Bocare that were close to that, Some of them were taken out, for now.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I thought it was just here but it looks like the Brits are due for a good political FLUSH in the next election. The longer they stay in office, the worse they get. Frank...
111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions