Speciality Beers

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got into what people call desert beer's. First off, they are not cheap when your dropping $40 for a case. Its a nice change every once in a while. Being a coffee drinker a old friend of mine been drinking this so I tried a bottle, man this was good! Bought a case last night!

AWBVJP2.jpg

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds good! I sometimes drink a scotch ale, tastes coffee-based, real strong and 9%. My fav is still Bell's Hopslam, double-hopped, seasonal, and close to a $20 bill for a six-pack, well worth it too.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys would probably enjoy these two beauties then, two of my favorites.

IMG_0001.JPG MSCP3.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread almost makes me wish I still liked beer. LOL!

All those flavor beers ya'll are showing, looks a lot better,
than that swill we used to make up, in a 5 gallon bucket! :laughing7:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread almost makes me wish I still liked beer. LOL!

All those flavor beers ya'll are showing, looks a lot better,
than that swill we used to make up, in a 5 gallon bucket! :laughing7:

Ya, I tried making beer several times. I gave up as I couldn't make on as good as I could buy. I did better with wine. Then I did really well when I cheated and bought a wine kit with the grape concentrate.
For me the craft beers are too hoppy. I can't hardly finish one. Mexican or German I like best. Actually Mexico probably learned beer making from the Germans. Little difference.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that Double chocolate stout!!!!!!

Making your own beer can be tough,, it is also hard to catch the alcohol content since we are a bit more crude. But the biggest thing,, the absolute no-no, is what people do when making their beer, It is the reason my brother-in-law and I don't make it together very often anymore.

Aseptic Technique. People take it for granted. I love Hops, I love stouts, Amber Ales, pale ale India ales. I converted a fridge for my lagers. But if you think you can do anything you want to your brew because you are boiling it anyway, you are going to always wind up with a off tasting beer.

I am off my box. Hope everyone loves the beer their with!:laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a purist. I want my coffee to taste like coffee and my beer to taste like beer. Forget the flavoring. All beers are "special" though. If I run out of mine I'll help you drink your strawberry pale ale. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my favorite..

gy4ugypu.jpg

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Are KIDDING!!! I have one in my fridge right now waiting for that perfect occasion,, It is like Gold here in Va! I have to beg and threaten when I have friends heading that way to get a six pack!

MMMM moose Drool!

( I use to call it Elk Spit when I was in Montana LOLOLOL ,, They didn't care much for that)

So,, Do you go that far in your travels? Or does Fla allow it shipped there?

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know.. that Landshark is a pretty darn good beer too! Really surprised me.
This is from the official site.. I can't actually bring myself to make it my screensaver or wallpaper though.8-)
icon_wallpaper.gif

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like Hops this is incredible,, and in a can!

c1e3f63045cc11e3ab8622000ab5c723_8.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Are KIDDING!!! I have one in my fridge right now waiting for that perfect occasion,, It is like Gold here in Va! I have to beg and threaten when I have friends heading that way to get a six pack!

MMMM moose Drool!

( I use to call it Elk Spit when I was in Montana LOLOLOL ,, They didn't care much for that)

So,, Do you go that far in your travels? Or does Fla allow it shipped there?

I love it, a rich dark ale......

I use to have a cross country trucker friend who brought me a case every time she returned home here in Fl but she retired from driving about a year ago.

I would love to find a source for it again. You can't get it east of Mississippi. ...

I first tasted it in Yellowstone in 2008. Found the trucker in 2010 so had a source till early 2012...

I have three 6 packs left now. They are kept under lock and key. LOL..

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell you what TH.. You come up here and I will split that beer with you!

I made a somewhat passable beer like it once. I 'm going to look for that recipe again.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should try some of the Belgian lambic beers. They use a double fermentation process, brewing beer or ale and then fermenting fruits like raspberry, cherry, and peach in the beer. They are costly, but an exceptional taste treat. Belgium has more breweries per capita than any country in the world.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my favorite..

gy4ugypu.jpg

OK T_H stop trying to kiss up to me!! I had that a couple years ago out in Glacier. I have a moose drool sign in my man porch. ( not quite a cave yet)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I love that Double chocolate stout!!!!!!

Making your own beer can be tough,, it is also hard to catch the alcohol content since we are a bit more crude. But the biggest thing,, the absolute no-no, is what people do when making their beer, It is the reason my brother-in-law and I don't make it together very often anymore.

Aseptic Technique. People take it for granted. I love Hops, I love stouts, Amber Ales, pale ale India ales. I converted a fridge for my lagers. But if you think you can do anything you want to your brew because you are boiling it anyway, you are going to always wind up with a off tasting beer.

I am off my box. Hope everyone loves the beer their with!:laughing7:

You are from Chesterfield, Va.; I went to advocate for ADA/VDA at the Va. General Assembly (Richmond) in 1980 or so, and a lady friend/advocate (preacher's wife in wheel chair) wanted BRIT/IRISH "Room Temperature Beer"... SO! We went to a BRIT PUB on 9th Street for lunch & BRIT beer... GREAT! Living in Charlottesville, Va. later... found a pub in Court Square, where Thomas Jefferson did his law stuff; NICE "room temp" beer! LATER in Ch'viile, there was a PUB (Dirty Nelly's?) , where I took an IRISH friend from Ireland several times for IRISH "room temp" beer (his daughter was at UVA Med Center for facial surgery); we went to a different place on Pan Top Mountain to watch Ireland in BIG Soccer game, on the Telly... LUCK of the Irish! They became the CHAMPS! GREEN Beer all around! HA!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread