Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben's Bully Busters

The purpose of this thread is to stand up against bullying of all kinds. If you believe in equality and freedom regardless of race, gender, religious affiliation, class, or political beliefs then this is the thread to discuss those issues.

Rules: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion BUT we all MUST respect one another within this thread. This is not the place for political discussions, so please keep it to a minimum.

Who is with me?:hello::tongue3::icon_thumleft:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I am there, and I think that anyone who says a mean or crude thing against any member should be BOMBED in the forum... Lets REALLY embarrass him.

:)

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I am there, and I think that anyone who says a mean or crude thing against any member should be BOMBED in the forum... Lets REALLY embarrass him.

Thanks for your support. My intention is not to create any hostility towards anyone. Please be respectful to all but if there is a problem with bullying, I think we should all stand up against it.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jerseyben, despite any differences that we have had, I do think this is an excellent thread topic. I promise I will keep politics out of my statements.

Children today suffer more bullying than many can endure. I have my opinions why they can't handle it as well as previous generations seemed to, but even back when I was growing up children suffered from it - although they "seemed" to handle it better. Regardless though, it is not something I think kids should have to endure. It does affect many in later life and even causes some to become bullies themselves.

As adults, some of the worst bullies we knew growing up have continued to be bullies whether in the criminal or "legitimate" world we live in. Many became cops only as a result of their desire to continue to bully others. Not knocking cops, my best friend is a sheriff's deputy, but somehow they seem to get more than their fair share in law enforcement.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count me in Ben as I've always had quite the distaste for bullying and bullies in general.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There are most certainly adult bullies. Story #1:

So about a year ago I drove to a yard sale and a guy pulls up in a pickup truck at the same time. We both get out and look around. As I go to leave he looks at me and my car and says "nice car ya got there buddy". Then he says, "did mommy and daddy buy that for you"? He laughed and got a very smug look on his face. Well, I told him where he could stick it and then I took off.

Unfortunately, the man's actions lingered with me all day and I even considered selling my car as a result of the encounter. My car is a model that is not very expensive but it looks expensive, almost in a pretentious way.

It really bothered me that the man would judge me based on the kind of car I was driving. I was wearing worn out clothes and was shopping at a yard sale - minding my own business. No one has ever given me anything (in my adult life). I am blessed to be able to drive the car I drive through my own efforts and fruits of my own labors.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good topic! Don't let bullies push buttons...that's what they want to do...ie make everyone as angry and miserable as they are!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about what people have posted in their signatures that show up with every post? Where people say If you don't agree with what I am saying you must be stupid...

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tells you who the ignorant one is..lol!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can clearly see it in this very thread 5 posts above my previous post...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you see it report it to mods, do not reply in kind or attack the member.

As long as the thread follows TN rules there should not be an issue, but thread can not be used to attack another member or other threads.

Sent from my new Galaxy Note3
now Free

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can clearly see it in this very thread 5 posts above my previous post...

Matt, there is nothing in his signature that violates our rules nor constitutes bullying.

There is nothing wrong with JB's thread so please do not use it to attack other members you disagree with.

Sent from my new Galaxy Note3
now Free

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand the reason you are posting this thread in relation to certain posts/posters on this forum. I won't comment on that because I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless if you or I agree or disagree with it. As long as it isn't breaking any forum rules then so be it. I don't like bullies nor do I condone bullying. However, concerning children today, I don't understand why it is nowadays that kids can't handle bullying as they did in generations past. Bullying has been around forever, it's a part of life. I was always told that sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you. For some reason that no longer holds true for kids today. It's another sign of a weakening society in my opinion.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please let's not blame the victims!
There is a whole different level going on now! The internet has opened up an opportunity to stalk and bully on a completely different level.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a whole different level going on now! The internet has opened up an opportunity to stalk and bully on a completely different level.

Squig,

I think you are on to something. The digital age, whether we personally embrace it or not, is embraced by the youth of today.

Bullying has gone from school yard taunts where a person only has to endure such abuse at school to being almost all online where it can affect every aspect of your life.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not blaming anybody, i'm just saying. As far as the internet goes, it may have "enhanced" the capabilities of a bully, and it is a big part of the problem but it's not the only problem. Maybe kids shouldn't be allowed to "play" on the internet, period, especially facebook and twitter. Maybe parents should pay more attention to what their kids are doing in their daily lives. Maybe parents should teach better values and instill self confidence in their children, instead of letting the computer raise them. Kids today are desensitized to many things because of the internet. Images of sex, drugs, nudity, violence, blood, guts, gore, death, everything is available to their impressionable eyes at the touch of a button. The blame lies within each and every parent to some degree or another, imho.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree!!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My patience with "bullies" has always been quite short. As a youngster I was
fairly mild-mannered, and when in a new place (or school) it seemed the resident
"bully" zeroed in on me right off. I'd ask nicely, once, for them to knock it off,
then I'd send them home with a busted nose...crying for mommy.

As for internet bullies...well, "sticks and stones" etc. Ignore them, as you'll
only cause yourself mega stress being angry about some schmuck who likes
to spout off over their keyboard, and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Simply tell them to bugger off, or be reported and banned. If that doesn't work,
then add them to your "Ignore" list. Soon, they'll either leave the site, get banned,
or better yet, straighten up after they realize their behavior is socially unacceptable.

Most bullies are, in reality, cowards. Back them down once and you'll never
have trouble with them again.

The only cure for an in-person and "in your face" bully is a sound arse whipping,
and an adjustment of their attitude towards those with less aggressive personalities.
Today's touchy-feely solution of "time out's" is worthless, and a 5 min. butt whoopin'
from their intended "victim" is far more effective. That's how you bust a bully. It doesn't
take a village, just one good right cross. No guns, knives needed..just strong
character.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread