Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best Day Yet

You have got to still be doing the happy dance, even after a week of finding them!! :o

What a find! Many congratulations to you!!!! Keep us updated!

Nana :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

THAT'S FRIGGIN SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!....I can't wait to hear the outcome this.....

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holly cow ......

Attachments

• EF218425.gif
    EF218425.gif
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,035

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Do you have your Island in the Caribbeann picked out yet?? ;D

That is the coolest hual I think I have ever sceen!!!!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: New Contest...........TN's Best Liar!!!

goldencoin said:
Welp, i was down by the great ore dock getting lots o' iron signals. Suddenly, a huge cut opened up in the sandy beach and i proceded to MD it. Suddenly, the sand turned metalic and i soon realized it was gold dust! A huge amount of gold put my DFX into overload and then blew up, but i didn't care because i had enough gold to buy whites! but then, suveying the view, the entire cut fell into the ocean and i proceded to curse very lowly. But then i realized that a viking ship was enbeded even deeper and filled with a kings ransom in gold and silver plunder 8)

Then the archies took it away

then i woke up and made myself pancakes

then i went out to MD

then i found a box full of gold coins

then UFO's took it away and i cursed up a storm

Then i woke up for real 8)

The proceding happend at area 51 on the 52 day of warmgust- the mythical month were you can MD every day..copy writed 2007

HH
-GC

(did i win?)

Wheres the Picture? :) Rules are rules!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

texan connection said:
Pardon my skeptisizm, but Viking age off the Texas coast? please keep us informed. Are the all silver??

"Viking AGE". My guess is that it doesn't mean they are "Viking RINGS". Native Americans had silver...the Aztecs were in Mexico. Or, of course they could be Viking Rings that were traded to or looted by Native Americans. Either way, they are a damn cool find.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6

That's definitely one for the books.

Great find!!!

Off the coast of Texas???

I'm a little confused, were they in the ocean or a swamp?

Will Texas take it from you or is it finders keepers there?

Were you on public land?

Relic_hunter1557

Feb 15, 2007

I was never going to tell anyone what happened to me last time i went MDing but i'll come clean. It was last fall and i decided to go detect a very large wooded park which was more like a path in the woods but not alot of people were on it anyways. So i was going to detect in an old field and all of a sudden i got a really strong signal so i started digging but i found nothing. I dug deeper until i saw a glint of gold, i went to pick it up and it was a double eagle!! I couldn't believe it but i did notice alot of strange markings on it that i have never seen before. As i was holding the coin it started to heat up so i dropped it onto the ground, the coin was getting so hot it turned red and i was getting freaked out. I decided to leave the park and never talk about the coin until i heard a battle cry but i've heard this one before, it was Xena's but i know she isn't a real person so i thought maybe it was just my imagination. Well let's just say i was very wrong! I saw a person come out of nowhere and flip a few feet in front of me which stopped me from leaving the park. She pulled out her chakram and aimed it at me and i thought ok, well looks like i'm done. Until she threw it and it split into two peices and hit two people standing behind me and knocked them out, she proceeded to unsheath her sword. Xena said they were going to knock me out and take the coin i found, she went and picked up the coin and gave it to me. So i decided to believe this, now i think you'd believe too if you saw it. Anyways Xena said she had to go and help other people and with that she let out her famous battle cry and did one of her amazing flips until she was out of the park. Xena then got into a cab and that was the last i saw of her, but i do have the coin. I swear it's true!!! Here's a pic of her i took when she took out her sword:

xena4.jpg

and here's a pic of the coin:

double-eagle2xc.jpg

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2

got to be the best find this year...

but the bad thing, how many times have i stopped digging at 10 or more inches...NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HH
Joe

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

sparkymaster said:
That's definitely one for the books.
Great find!!!
Off the coast of Texas???
I'm a little confused, were they in the ocean or a swamp?
Will Texas take it from you or is it finders keepers there?
Were you on public land?

Don't matter now. If they are going to strip you of it was already put into the workings the second you made the post. If you get to keep em, sell em, or do whatever you want it would be pretty cool. I can just hear the excuses now...historical relics yada yada, you don't know how to preserve, yada yada, we want to save it for our children, you've got no right taking it from our children, yada yada...all to be stuffed in a box, and only get pulled out once every 5 years so that you can have the pleasure of paying to go into the museum to look at YOUR finds under glass. I hope the laws let you keep em! If they don't, get em hidden and don't say another word...I knew this post was going stir the forum pot. Its already got 23 responses.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

hmmmmm.....and the picture of the coin??????? :D

Did AP Mention that the Grand Prize for this contest is an all expense paid trip for two to Australia, a new MineLab and four bars of gold?

2nd Place prize is a weeks vacation in Pennsylvania where Jeff and Mona Lisa will personally be your tour guide to all their hot spots. and 1000.00 spending cash.

3rd place is a Bass boat,motor and weekend trip to Louisianna, Dinner with River Rat, Nana and Leujeane?More prizes to be added daily :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We didnt name this the Liars Contest for nothing!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Gypsy, here's your 1st bribe. ;)

Attachments

• red rose.gif
    red rose.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,316

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA

Jason this should be posted for the best of TNet. Very very nice! From some of the markings on the larger bracelets, I think you are looking at more of a Mayan, Incan, or Aztec style. What is the weight of all that silver? Just out of curiosity. Great hull!!!!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Ok...I'm gonna play this one 'till it wins, seein's how it didn't work on the last one, hehe!

Ok, here's one:

My detecting buddy (Roy) and I went out to treasure hunting one afternoon. We got to talking about the different types of tokens, and wished we could find some out-of-the-ordinary ones. I decided it would be neat to fine a worlds fair token. Roy thought he'd like to find a KKK token. So, with a mission in place, we wondered how we could set out to find these tokens. We read about dowsing rods, and how you can find just what you're looking for with them. We tried map dowsing, but couldn't get the maps to stick out straight enough...So, we raided the closet and tore up a bunch of good hangers making dowsing rods, and sat in the living room and began our quest for "special tokens". Our rods pointed east...his and mine, although we were looking for different types of tokens. So, since we would both be heading in the same direction, we decided to travel together.

We hopped in his truck, and headed east. We kept checking our rods after a few miles, and both of ours were still pointing the same direction. I steered his truck while he checked his rods so he wouldn't have to pull over. There's a poor guy on a bicycle out there somewhere who will always have a fear of Ford explorers, I'm sure. Anyway, after crossing over the river, and a ditch or two by accident, our rods began to vibrate violently. As we were swerving down the road, our rods suddenly pointed to the right, and before we could slow down, our rods pointed back towards us. He hit the brakes, and as I was pulling my dowsing rod out of my left eye, he put it in reverse. The rods went back to the right (or at least my right rod did...the left rod was pretty blurry by now).

We pulled up into a driveway and the rods started swinging around violently, and began to burn our hands. I threw mine in the ditch where we parked which started a fire and turned the Ford explorer into a Ford EXPLODER. Luckily, Roy had the foresight to remove our detectors before it went up. So, with nothing else to do, we decided to detect the area that was making our rods go so crazy. Well, after finding 47 large cents, and a bunch of crappy morgan dollars, half dimes, 2 cent pieces, and copper 1943 pennies, we bumped our detectors together over the same spot, and they made a sweet beep. So, he dug one half of the hole, and I dug the other half. At about 34 inches down, we simultaneously held this nice little token. It was the token I was looking for...and the token he was looking for! So we decided to take a picture of it before we cut it in half so we could share it. The first pic is the side showing it's a token from the world's fair in Philadelphia (sesqui-centennial exposition). The second picture shows the other side, which is a KKK insignia (AKIA meaning A Klansman I Am). This was given to members and people who signed up at the KKK booth at the world's fair. No kidding!

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little in the story. I found it under a bush in front of an old dairy house while trying to find one more wheat penny. But that wasn't very interesting, was it?

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,333
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,337
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,314

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

stoney56 said:
Gypsy, here's your 1st bribe. ;)

Disclaimer:
All gold,silver,cash,gems,flowers,candy,large cents :-* will be appreciated,cherished and accepted as legitimate bribing gifts. But....under no circumstance will they returned if you do not make the finals . Appreciated yes....returned No....now carry on and lets get to lying! :-*

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Aww, crud... this seems like it would be a fun contest to follow. :'( I'm gonna' be off of TNet for about thirty days (starting friday), due to a bit of a child support issue. I've been out of work for a while, but I know that's no excuse. I hope you guys have fun with this! I would have loved to have won one of Mighty AP's digging tools, but it seems I'm not that great of a liar anyway. But for all of you here to witness the fun -- enjoy! spin some good yarn! -Ben

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

nhbenz said:
Aww, crud... this seems like it would be a fun contest to follow. :'( I'm gonna' be off of TNet for about thirty days (starting friday), due to a bit of a child support issue. I've been out of work for a while, but I know that's no excuse. I hope you guys have fun with this! I would have loved to have won one of Mighty AP's digging tools, but it seems I'm not that great of a liar anyway. But for all of you here to witness the fun -- Enjoy! -Ben

well....Hurry up and get your "Lie " in! ::) ....................... And.....we'll miss you..... :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread