New Contest...........TNs Best Liar!!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
New Contest...........TN's Best Liar!!!

Ladies & gentlemen of Treasure Net, I am proud to announce the upcoming contest "TN's Best Liar"! I am teaming up with our very own illustrious "Queen of Rust" Gypsy on this one. This was her great idea so she will be choosing the 5 finalists & the members of this site will vote for the winner, who will receive a Mighty Diggin Tool. Since most members cant hunt at the moment & are suffering from detector withdrawl, we will exploit yer cabin fever & put yer imagination & creativity to the test! The rules are simple..........tell us a big fat lie! You must include a picture with your lie to be considered & it must be a detecting/treasure related lie. Let yer imagination run wild people! As stated before, Gypsy will be the sole judge & will choose the finalists..........KISSING HER BUTT WILL ONLY IMPROVE YER ODDS!!! ;D Sending her silver & jewelry will get ya in the finalists circle fer sure! We will kick this off very soon so start thinkin' of some big fat treasure hunting lies! ;)

Well, since we already have a few premature liars posting, lets just run with it! This contest is officially underway............good luck to everybody!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YER LIES IN ANY THREAD OTHER THAN THIS ONE, WE DONT WANT PEOPLE THINKING YER LIES ARE ACTUAL FINDS! JEFF IS VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS...........YOU MAY BE BANNED FROM THE SITE & YOU WILL BE ELLIMINATED FROM THE COMPETITION.

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New Contest...........TN's Best Liar!!!

Well I was hunting an old park one day when I got this beep , no it was a loud beep, no I mean it was a gigantic beep. I dropped down and opened up this hole. Then I saw it. It was the biggest gold coin I ever saw. It was this big !...........................!, no sorry I mean this big !......................................................! maybe even bigger then that. As I bent down to grab it, it took off on me. I lost it in the woods. It is truly the one that got away.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Boys and girls, this thread is gonna get deep in a hurry---grab your waders! LOL

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana

OHHHH I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT GIVE IT AWAY BUT OTHERS DONT EVEN NEED TO REPLY OR I MEAN APPLY. CONTEST OVER FOLKS LIONHRT9 IS THE WINNAHHHHH. :D

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

stoney56 said:
Boys and girls, this thread is gonna get deep in a hurry---grab your waders! LOL

;D We certainly hope it gets deep around here Stoney, we will kick it off this weekend in a separate thread so hold yer lies! And remember........you must have at least one picture accompanying your lie!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welp, i was down by the great ore dock getting lots o' iron signals. Suddenly, a huge cut opened up in the sandy beach and i proceded to MD it. Suddenly, the sand turned metalic and i soon realized it was gold dust! A huge amount of gold put my DFX into overload and then blew up, but i didn't care because i had enough gold to buy whites! but then, suveying the view, the entire cut fell into the ocean and i proceded to curse very lowly. But then i realized that a viking ship was enbeded even deeper and filled with a kings ransom in gold and silver plunder 8)

Then the archies took it away

then i woke up and made myself pancakes

then i went out to MD

then i found a box full of gold coins

then UFO's took it away and i cursed up a storm

Then i woke up for real 8)

The proceding happend at area 51 on the 52 day of warmgust- the mythical month were you can MD every day..copy writed 2007

HH
-GC

(did i win?)

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
Best Day Yet

Off the coast of texas here kinda a swampy area my friend has we been looking for old cw stuff but last week we hit the mother load.
Off with the cibola i get a tone very very faint i dig maybe 6 inches down still very faint tone. i put in my pointer its not reading much of anything. I figure where we are its probably a can i dug a 100 or so. So im down about a foto an half i tell my friend to bring his whites over he gets a silver tone. so we keep going down i think at about 2 feet i hit the first 9 or 10. I thought it was just iron things but there nto reading iron on his whites we pull one after another for nearly 2 hours. well after a week of getting them cleaned up here they are.

252 belived viking age bracelets an rings find of a lifetime im so stoked.

spill.jpg

All are curently gonna be appraise by artifact appraiser. definatly the best hobby ever.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Re: Best Day Yet

Pardon my french but no &@#!ng way! That's real treasure! If they are really rings and bracelets, that's some kind of cache!

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola

There was no sign off wood or locks but as old as this is could have been deteriated sort of a box

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

That is soo cool. Congrats on the find of a lifetime. Just looking at the picture, from what I could tell some of the bracelets have the same design on them...If they are old, could be left from early Spanish or Mexicans since both were in Texas at one time. Just a guess.

Congrats again. Definitely sounds like something you should write about and send to W&ET and/or Lost Treasure. It would be interesting to hear what the appraiser says about your treasure.

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola

The inital appraisal person i have looking at it says that he belives its viking age but he has not heard of them being inthe area we were but could have been taken by someone else.

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, they were taken by someone else and then taken by you.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Pardon my skeptisizm, but Viking age off the Texas coast? please keep us informed. Are the all silver??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread