Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Some Tnet Member said:
Have you noticed how hard it is to start a thread when most of the people who respond are on your ignore list?

Wow. No one ever told me I was on their ignore list.

What's more important, no one ever told me that I could only post in a thread if I am NOT on someone's ignore list.

What's even scarrier is, when I start a thread this individual (while they were on ignore) makes it their business at times to comment on threads started by the same members he/she is complaining about.

Question:

Why don't we know when we're on someone's ignore list? (I think I know the answer, but it might help the person who posted the quoted statement too)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd kinda like to be on some members ignore list :)

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Consider it an honor my freind!..lol.. I dont really understand how someone would get so upset to have people in an Ignore list at all. I enjoy alot of your posts, I may not agree with All of them, But that wouldnt make me feel like i need to ignore you

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'd kinda like to be on some members ignore list :)

Since some think you're not supposed to post on a thread if they ignore you, I'd like it to really work that way ... but that individual didn't respect it when I told them they were on my ignore list --- they followed my posts even more closely. :dontknow:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think its pretty funny myself.Then the person thats doing the ignoring has their little spies running around sending them pms about whats being said about them,if anything.Immaturity at its finest.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
What ? There's no posts here ! Must be that I have ALL of you on ignore.. Seriously how freakin childish can you get. It's words on a screen. Read them or don't. You don't need to click a button to skip over posts from people who get under your skin. I have nobody on my ignore list.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure why you are getting bent out of shape over the comment that sparked this thread? I read it multiple times. Seemed harmless to me...

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
But ben, you used to be on ignore, you're not supposed to comment on my thread ...

ROTF_LMAO_zps44758585.gif

Just kidding...

I can't understand why anyone is complaining about my or anyone else commenting on their thread if they're on ignore.

It clearly says, where the post would appear, that you are ignoring this person.

Personally, I do put folks on ignore when I, Me, Myself, am at a point where I can't reply to them without going off the deep end. It protects them from my words and I from theirs.

Promotes peace until I'm in a better frame of mind.

duct_tape_zps4df19fc3.jpg

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if I've ever been on ignore. I've never asked to ignore anyone yet. I think if a poster is aggressively bullying someone or name calling a person might want to ignore them. Many people don't know how to argue or make their point and become frustrated. They start to think the other person is stupid for not agreeing with them.

Any successful argument ( and I don't mean winning ) has to have an element of empathy with the other but not necessarily agreement. Empathy allows a look into how the other person developed their point of view. It also allows both sides to have their views at the same time understanding the other.
To have empathy certain rules need to be followed so the dialog can continue. Some obvious ones are not to threaten, call names. Others are not so obvious. Posting assertions w/o producing any evidence. Making conclusions w/o a premise.
One I've read is the conclusion at the beginning like "We all know Obama is a Muslim" That's the horse before the cart. It is a inflammatory statement to those that disagree.

An argument can be a learning experience if it's carried out with empathy. We've all had a change of heart/mind at some point after hearing the other side.
So do you post because your looking for a fight or because you want to learn/understand.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't put anyone on ignore, I can do it without an "ignore button".
I don't appreciate ppl purposely being argumentative, while offering no substance in their words, as to back any type of logical discussion. Especially when their idiocy gets one of the few threads I ever even bother to start, closed.

I can appreciate, that certain ones do not attempt to involve me directly in their semantical world.
It really seems to show clearly, who wishes to engage in meaningful discussion and understandings, and who uses words just to hear or read themselves go blah blah blah.
Talk about helping to take someones' "care-meter" down a few notches!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to be ignored by a couple lunatics on TN, their posts are just soooooo far out there. They really are not worth any of my time. I understand people have diffenet opinions, but some of these people post things that are right out lies which I do not have time for.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to be ignored by a couple lunatics on TN, their posts are just soooooo far out there. They really are not worth any of my time. I understand people have diffenet opinions, but some of these people post things that are right out lies which I do not have time for.

I agree. I need a computer that has a flexible arm with a 2 by 4 attached that will whack me in the head for even thinking about responding to some of the people.

I don't have a fecesbook, or tweeter, or instagratification account because I didn't want to get caught up in political discussions. So, I sign up on T-Net to talk about treasure huntin' and actually end up putting off my detecting trips to defend Truth, Justice, and the American way from those who would make false statements against them. Can I put myself on my own ignore list? At least that way I can get out and do some detecting!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only ignore people who post, "Its water proof" . lol Hey your on ignore now, can you see this wave your hand lol.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't put anyone on ignore, I can do it without an "ignore button".
I don't appreciate ppl purposely being argumentative, while offering no substance in their words, as to back any type of logical discussion. Especially when their idiocy gets one of the few threads I ever even bother to start, closed.

I can appreciate, that certain ones do not attempt to involve me directly in their semantical world.
It really seems to show clearly, who wishes to engage in meaningful discussion and understandings, and who uses words just to hear or read themselves go blah blah blah.
Talk about helping to take someones' "care-meter" down a few notches!

:tongue3:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm ignoring everyone...except for now.:tongue3:Peace out y'all .

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can't ignore an insult, top it, if you can;t top it, laugh it off, if you can;t laugh it off, it;s probably deserved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread