Light bulb ban set to take effect

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
China will most likely make knock offs....probable won`t light up ...or cause fires.....kinda like their dog food, that killed my dog...or a fake T2 ! ...oh ya their toothpaste Too
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
China will most likely make knock offs....probable won`t light up ...or cause fires.....kinda like their dog food, that killed my dog...or a fake T2 ! ...oh ya their toothpaste Too
Gary

If someone takes simple precautions such as buying from reputable sources, this type of thing can be avoided by most consumers. I'm sorry to hear about your dog.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ben thanks
1000s of dog died across this country from the china dog food was all over the news...who of thought of them sending poison in dog food ?
Lesson learned !!
Gary

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben thanks
1000s of dog died across this country from the china dog food was all over the news...who of thought of them sending poison in dog food ?
Lesson learned !!
Gary

Gary, my animals mean the world to me. I only buy top quality food for them. I probably spend more money on their food than I do on my own (exaggeration, but barely). I know they appreciate it and their clean bill of health and happiness makes it worth the extra money.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the black market now. Guys in trench coats on the street corners, selling incandescent bulbs for premium prices!!!! FBI & CIA officials with incandescent task forces all over the country.

Crazy place we live in eh? Let's outlaw incandescent light bulbs and legalize marijuana. Hmmmmmmm.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I can see the black market now. Guys in trench coats on the street corners, selling incandescent bulbs for premium prices!!!! FBI & CIA officials with incandescent task forces all over the country.

Crazy place we live in eh? Let's outlaw incandescent light bulbs and legalize marijuana. Hmmmmmmm.
Yep.. "pre-ban" light bulbs will bring big bucks since alot of them newfangled curly bulbs don't fit inside older lamp globes. Mexican drug smugglers will stop shipping weed and switch to bringing light bulbs across the border instead. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

They arent outlawed. The manufacturers are no longer allowed to produce new bulbs that do not meet minimum standards. Incandescent bulbs do not meet these standards. Crazy world?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit right NHB - I actually have a nice ceiling fan / light in my bedroom. One of the bulbs went out, I tried to put a fluorescent one in and the cover would not fit. This ceiling fan is only a few years old and a couple hundred bucks. So now what? I feel for the people who have a bunch of these types of fixtures in their homes.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They arent outlawed. The manufacturers are no longer allowed to produce new bulbs that do not meet minimum standards. Incandescent bulbs do not meet these standards

They arent outlawed, but you can't make anymore - hmmmmmm, that's interesting and very telling JB.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You hit right NHB - I actually have a nice ceiling fan / light in my bedroom. One of the bulbs went out, I tried to put a fluorescent one in and the cover would not fit. This ceiling fan is only a few years old and a couple hundred bucks. So now what? I feel for the people who have a bunch of these types of fixtures in their homes.

There is an almost endless amount of shapes and sizes of bulbs. Please do not be so closed minded to think that the little squiggly bulb is the only bulb that will be available on the market. The technology that makes the new bulbs energy efficient is what is changing. The application has not changed. Companies are very smart and have figured out how to adapt this technology into all normal household applications.

How do I know? Because I have them all over my house in nearly every application that would take a standard incandescent bulb. They work great and my electric bill shows that it was all worth it and then some.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. "pre-ban" light bulbs will bring big bucks since alot of them newfangled curly bulbs don't fit inside older lamp globes. Mexican drug smugglers will stop shipping weed and switch to bringing light bulbs across the border instead. :thumbsup:

haha...I would hate to see how they would smuggle them in

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben thanks
Lesson learned !!
Gary
bummer. this dog wont eat china snacks:dontknow: Copy of Gringo.JPG

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have tried many brands of the newer bulbs...they don`t last long !.....not like the old bulbs.
Ben what brand lasts the best for you ?
Gary

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There is an almost endless amount of shapes and sizes of bulbs. Please do not be so closed minded to think that the little squiggly bulb is the only bulb that will be available on the market. The technology that makes the new bulbs energy efficient is what is changing. The application has not changed. Companies are very smart and have figured out how to adapt this technology into all normal household applications.

How do I know? Because I have them all over my house in nearly every application that would take a standard incandescent bulb. They work great and my electric bill shows that it was all worth it and then some.

I hope they are LED's.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have tried many brands of the newer bulbs...they don`t last long !.....not like the old bulbs.
Ben what brand lasts the best for you ?
Gary

Gary, I use a variety of different brands. I prefer LED because they are less harmful and consume even less energy. I have found several on Amazon. I read the reviews and find ones that others have had little to no problems with.

HitLIghts Afford A19 Warm White (2700K) 6W LED Light Bulb, UL Listed - Equivalent to 40W Incandescent (380 Lumen) - Amazon.com

I use the CFL style bulbs with a candelabra base for many other applications where a small bulb is needed, such as with a hanging "chandelier" style lamp or porch light.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JB - The problem is that incandescent light bulbs give you the approproiate amount of wattage as soon as they turn on. The others don't. So, that is a problem for people like me who live in the cold. I can't just turn my garage light on and go grab a tool I need. It's too cold and way too dim to find what i am looking for with the new "great" bulbs. I know you don't care, and whatever the Government tells you is gospel, though I am just trying to "lightin" your horizon a bit - Pun intended!!!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Ben
I Find that in the two spot lights 75 watt LEDs i have in the back of house have lasted the longest, but come on very slowly.... so in the winter, i change back to incandescent bulbs,
I`m way out in the woods and some times need the spotlights fast but if i can save some money that would be cool been using then for years ...just don`t look at the bills much.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions