What Affects One Of Us, Affects Us All

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
All this talk of cats & dead animals brings up a disturbing thing that happened to the wife recently. We have a big male cat that was a stray that grew up on the streets of downtown Providence RI. Needless to say he knows how to fend for himself. We also have 2 Chihuahuas and the long haired male likes to bring one of his stuffed animal toys to bed with him. He can't always jump into bed with one in his mouth though. So the other night he kept jumping and not quite making it several times. The wife reached down to pick up his toy so he could make the jump into the bed and woke me up screaming... It was the bottom half of a rabbit the cat had brought in through the doggie door..

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat,

Just goes to show that we are all responsible for our actions, and our actions all have reactions beyond our control......Gary

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It was the bottom half of a rabbit the cat had brought in through the doggie door..

When I was little we use to have a cat that brought home seagulls,also rabbits :laughing9:His name was Tarzan.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What is a 50 Gal Barrel trap? So far they have removed peanut butter, cheese, hotdogs, cat food and tunafish , all firmly attached. I think they trip the traps, then get the food. Frank...
111-2 the catnapper.jpg and the cat sleeps on.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll pm you the details. I would hate my friend squiggy see me openly promote/instruct someone in these matters.
I will say, sounds like you may have a little bigger critter than just a mouse. You may want to invest in a live trap.
I'm not sure if that's the right word. A humane trap, it has the door on a wire cage, animal goes in, door closes.
You take animal 40 miles away, let it go.......... :laughing7:

Here, I found a pic. :laughing7:
I lifted it from Limitools Mystery Mauling thread in the general discussion area.
I guess some guys gotta resort to extremes to get 'em a mate and all........ :laughing7:

trap.jpg

eta: pics on other thread, page 10. LOL!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey don,t tell Frankn how to trap em with barrel yet, I was hopin to here about him hunting pantyhoses.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey don,t tell Frankn how to trap em with barrel yet, I was hopin to here about him hunting pantyhoses.
STOP! LAWL! I'm actually crying, Im laughing so hard! LOL!
Can I send him the pm, lord, he coulda googled his answer by now!
maybe even some pantyhose! LOL!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I'll pm you the details. I would hate my friend squiggy see me openly promote/instruct someone in these matters.
I will say, sounds like you may have a little bigger critter than just a mouse. You may want to invest in a live trap.
I'm not sure if that's the right word. A humane trap, it has the door on a wire cage, animal goes in, door closes.
You take animal 40 miles away, let it go.......... :laughing7:

Here, I found a pic. :laughing7:
I lifted it from Limitools Mystery Mauling thread in the general discussion area.
I guess some guys gotta resort to extremes to get 'em a mate and all........ :laughing7:

View attachment 914493

eta: pics on other thread, page 10. LOL!

Oh, I have built plenty of box traps, mostly to remove opossums. I don't know if they will work on sometnong smaller.
'It/They are in my utility room. I might have to resort to one I designed years ago which is a 2' secrion of 3" PVC with a copper strip in the bottom and a 'HOT' piece of bait. It plugs into the wall and has a slow blow fuse. Sorry about that, desperate problems call for desperate measures. Frank...

skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they do have little itty bitty humane live mouse traps.
My other neighbor showed me one of them one day! LOL! I thought it was something for a charm bracelet! LOL!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres a trick for you.I had a few mice,before I got a couple of cats.This worked out slick.Take a piece of bread and soak it in a sweet tasting liqueur,anisette,sambuca or something similar,and leave it out for them where they always show up.Next day no more mice.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Heres a trick for you.I had a few mice,before I got a couple of cats.This worked out slick.Take a piece of bread and soak it in a sweet tasting liqueur,anisette,sambuca or something similar,and leave it out for them where they always show up.Next day no more mice.

I think I missed something. How does that work? Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJC, it's possible you could be contributing to the delinquency of juvenile mice......
and the cats that eat them! :laughing7:

Ya hear that Frankn, just get'em drunk! LAWL!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I missed something. How does that work? Frank..

I didnt find any remains of them so,I figured they died of alcohol poisoning or dehydration,hangover etc lol

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
How about this, I fill a 55 gal drum 1/2 full of water. I place a 2" strip of lathe across it. In the middle, I place a piece of bread drenched with absenteen. They either go nuts or pass out and fall in the water and drown . Frank...

skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-4.jpg I am starting to feel like Judge Dread!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Or take your drum,cover the top with a semi stiff piece of paper,very thin cardboard,,poster paper,something that will bend with a slight amount of weight on it.Hang the food on a piece of string just out of mouse reach.Take a razor blade and cut a + below the food on a string.Make sure the + cut is enough so it bends inward easily.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Or take your drum,cover the top with a semi stiff piece of paper,very thin cardboard,,poster paper,something that will bend with a slight amount of weight on it.Hang the food on a piece of string just out of mouse reach.Take a razor blade and cut a + below the food on a string.Make sure the + cut is enough so it bends inward easily.

... and instead of just water, add a gallon of antifreeze. If they don't drown quickly, it'll poison them.

We had some packrats that decided to move in under my wife's car's hood when we lived in the country. I put some rat bait under the hood, but it didn't seem to work so I took a yogurt cup and filled it with antifreeze and put it next to the bait. Two days later and they were ALL gone. Apparently when they started hurting from the antifreeze they decided to crawl off to die so nothing to clean up but the droppings and fix the damage they did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread