Wait a Minute ? Explain This ?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Censorship is growing EVERYWHERE, haven't you noticed? Frank...
Eagle 1   700.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe some work in the Senate?:laughing7:

come on Onfire, that's a silly statement and you know it. You are too smart to say things like this.

No one 'works' in the senate!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Censorship is growing EVERYWHERE, haven't you noticed? Frank...

Seems to me all the Thieves there are still on the job,
and this is why the faces are being hidden

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well just think Jeff ... If you could tell who was stealing, you wouldn't take that flight.

Then, how would they be able to feed their family of little theives?

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course there is no doubt as to the guilt of those in the videos, but what about innocent family members? Is public shaming a just punishment simply for knowing someone? In addition, they may not even have been convicted yet, except in the courts of public opinion.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux, did you really just "convict" the family by association?!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course there is no doubt as to the guilt of those in the videos, but what about innocent family members? Is public shaming a just punishment simply for knowing someone? In addition, they may not even have been convicted yet, except in the courts of public opinion.

although I agree, If you look online you will see plenty of Thieves on Video
with faces showing. you will also see plenty of Innocent people who are only accused
being blatantly Shamed on Video what about them & Their Families ?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux, did you really just "convict" the family by association?!

I took it to mean Airport Family of Thieves.
which from the video seems pretty accurate to me

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
For the news it probably comes under the assumption of CYA. You can see people after they've been arrested covering their heads with whatever they can find as they are taken past the cameras.
The thought behind that is lawyers tell them that when on tv and handcuffs they look guilty and some people have a knack for remembering faces. Those people might be on the jury.
Maybe, but when they cover up they really look guilty. I think I'd take my chances and not cover up. Like the people that remember faces there are those that remember names. Seems the news always tells the names.
So, hold your head high and ask your lawyer to bring you a suit and tie and maybe a Bible. Sorry, no Korans.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

"but what about innocent family members?" Is public shaming a just punishment simply for knowing someone?... It happens on a daily basic all over the world. And "public shaming" just goes with the end result when a family member does something like this.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay I noticed that they blurred out all the images of the victims of knock out attacks last night on TV. Originally they were all shown in past reports. There is no legal requirement to blur images in a public place with the possible exception of children. I even noticed a blurred image of a passer by in the commercial where the guy is given a briefcase of money to watch by a stranger. It is getting as bad as all the warnings on packaging. Frank...
PS: Warning, these are only the thoughts of the poster. lol 7-06  WOODCUTS 011a.jpg

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have noticed a growing trend at least in my local newspapers in that when talking about crime, and suspects they now omit ANY refference to color or race, saying along the lines of according to several eyewitnesses the suspect is described as a male in his 20's about 6 feet tall with a goatee and wearing this or that....well shiver me timbers, you just described a whole lot of folks...what the hell is wrong with saying if he was white,black orange or whatever...is it a PC issue ? or what I have no idea, but it sure would make it hard if the person or persons they described with the ommited info is a killer on the loose tO identify him so I do not accidently walk up on said perp...

Times are changing...and it's STUPID!!!

Mike

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably didn't want to show that they were blacks, but of coarse that would be racist. JMO!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
HAY They are blurring hand print-2_edited-5.jpg out the tags on cars also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread