Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Radio preacher who predicted doomsday dies ? CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

• "We humbly acknowledge we were wrong," Camping and his staff members wrote in a letter to supporters posted on Family Radio's website in March 2012.
  • Despite his poor track record, he had gathered many followers. Some gave up their homes, entire life savings and jobs because they believed the world was ending.

Who, exactly, are the "sheep"?

First, thought religion was Verbotten.

Second, Jesus (also referred to in scripture as "the Son of Man) said in regards to the time of the end of days: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father (GOD)." Therefore, anyone who tells you they know when it is going to happen is a liar.

Third, gotta love the opportunity to take jab at religion, eh "bully buster"?

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
First, thought religion was Verbotten.

Second, Jesus (also referred to in scripture as "the Son of Man) said in regards to the time of the end of days: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father (GOD)." Therefore, anyone who tells you they know when it is going to happen is a liar.

Third, gotta love the opportunity to take jab at religion, eh "bully buster"?

I have never taken a jab at religion let alone done so in this instance. ONLY you are making this about religion.

See post #1: "Some gave up their homes, entire life savings and jobs because they believed the world was ending." People like to throw around the whole "sheep" term. This was my opportunity to use the term as I see fit.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have never taken a jab at religion let alone done so in this instance. ONLY you are making this about religion.

See post #1: "Some gave up their homes, entire life savings and jobs because they believed the world was ending." People like to throw around the whole "sheep" term. This was my opportunity to use the term as I see fit.

If people blindly follow someone, that is THEIR FAULT. The information is FREELY AVAILABLE, the information is WIDELY KNOWN, and in any endeavor ... IGNORING THE INSTRUCTIONS IS NOT A WAY TO SUCCEED.

I'm not saying the preacher was right, in fact as the son of a minister and a former minister myself, I can assure you that MANY PREACHERS are NOT RIGHT.

However, we are all INDIVIDUALLY responsible for our actions, for the decisions WE make. When you make those decisions, YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.

It has happened before and will probably happen again.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I read the headline I thought it was about the bearmanpig hunter, Al Gore. If you take the name out of the article and the apology it could have been too. lol

Not that I wish a malady befall the inventor of the internet. He at least still had enough sense to sell his network to super big oil.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When I read the headline I thought it was about the bearmanpig hunter, Al Gore.

As usual. Algore was looking in all the wrong places ... and probably wanted to blame Manbearpig for melting the polar ice caps ...

manbearpig.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread