Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a guy over in Conn. that makes stuff out of old machinery,

guess I'll have to take a trip and get a few pics.

God Bless

Chris

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow,that is awesome Bandit! I like the first bench in the picture the best.I found a humongous pulley the other day and immediately thought of Mike Wolfe on Pickers and how he likes industrial metal but this has given me new food for thought.

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Wow,that is awesome Bandit! I like the first bench in the picture the best.I found a humongous pulley the other day and immediately thought of Mike Wolfe on Pickers and how he likes industrial metal but this has given me new food for thought.
The bench is my favorite too. Ask Santa to bring you a mig welder for Christmas.. lol

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHB, that is amazing thanks for sharing that! I'm gonna steal the link. One of the fellas in the garage sale section was a little worried, he may have a hoarding problem, with all the tools he collects. :laughing7:
This may can give him an outlet and idea for creativity. Thanks!

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
NHB, that is amazing thanks for sharing that! I'm gonna steal the link. One of the fellas in the garage sale section was a little worried, he may have a hoarding problem, with all the tools he collects. :laughing7:
This may can give him an outlet and idea for creativity. Thanks!
Pat I'm guilty of that myself. The wife & I will be walking around the flea market and suddenly she will yell "jewelry" and run off in one direction and I'll yell "rusty junk" at the same time & go off in the opposite direction. If someone has a tote full of rusty tools for 50 cents each you can always count on me asking "how much for the whole pile". On the flip side I once bought 3 "Vincent" marked motorcycle wrenches for $1 each and sold them as a group on Ebay for $400

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had the discussion in garage sale section also, about does your house look like a warehouse! LOL!
I do my selling in spurts...... usually till I get fed up and tired of dealing with the :BangHead: of it all. Then I give myself a break/vacation. The house is in "warehouse" mode right now! :BangHead:
The only consolation I have is, if someone was to break in, they'd have NO CLUE, where to even start! :laughing7: Also because of the way I secure my place, they'd only have a small window to drag stuff out of. I love my nosey, watch everything neighbors!

Next garage sale I have, I'll think of you, as the Mr. drags out the tubs of old rusty tools! :laughing7:

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
We had the discussion in garage sale section also, about does your house look like a warehouse! LOL!
I do my selling in spurts...... usually till I get fed up and tired of dealing with the :BangHead: of it all. Then I give myself a break/vacation. The house is in "warehouse" mode right now! :BangHead:
The only consolation I have is, if someone was to break in, they'd have NO CLUE, where to even start! :laughing7: Also because of the way I secure my place, they'd only have a small window to drag stuff out of. I love my nosey, watch everything neighbors!

Next garage sale I have, I'll think of you, as the Mr. drags out the tubs of old rusty tools! :laughing7:
LOL the house dosn't look like a warehouse unless you count vintage Red & White enamel cooking pots & pans, vintage kitchen stuff, etc. But here's a couple pics of my "garage". It's just a bit full and less than a year ago there was nothing there except for grass.

Attachments

• 003 (3).JPG
    003 (3).JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 004 (2).JPG
    004 (2).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010074_2.JPG
    P1010074_2.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 003 (2).JPG
    003 (2).JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 93

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL the house dosn't look like a warehouse unless you count vintage Red & White enamel cooking pots & pans, vintage kitchen stuff, etc. But here's a couple pics of my "garage". It's just a bit full and less than a year ago there was nothing there except for grass.
I have to admit NHB, pics you posted before of your garage, actually made me drool, just a little. :love10:
I so love a nice garage/tinker area! :love7:

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Those cars are the Cats Pajamas dude!

God Bless

Chris
Actually it's always changing. The Camaro stays no matter what. That's my baby. But the White Vette was the wife's toy and she wanted something a little older so she sold it and bought the Dark Blue Trans Am. I've got a 56 Chevy pickup I'm working on in one of the bays at the moment but that's going to be a long term project. The "his & hers" Harleys are something else I need to do a little tinkering on this Winter. It looks like alot of stuff but in actual cash outlayed it's really not. I enjoy taking something most folks would consider junk and bringing it back to life. My biggest investment is time and bloody knuckles..

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I have to admit NHB, pics you posted before of your garage, actually made me drool, just a little. :love10:
I so love a nice garage/tinker area! :love7:
lol.. Here's the wifes "garage" She wanted a small homey space that was easy to heat & cool. It started out as a 10x16 storage shed.

Attachments

• 001 (2).JPG
    001 (2).JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 002 (3).JPG
    002 (3).JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 89

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.. Here's the wifes "garage" She wanted a small homey space that was easy to heat & cool. It started out as a 10x16 storage shed.
Ok, now I'm officially in love with both of ya'll's garages! :3some: :laughing7: :notworthy:

I have my mom's ,70+ yrs old, New Home sewing machine in a beautiful wood case. I have a slim mirror in the same wood, it makes a real nice furniture piece, when not in use. I love quilting and sewing. My mom and stepmom worked in the sewing factory for 20 yrs. Mom could make ANYTHING! Everybody sewed/sews!
Me, I'm lucky I can do pillows, curtains, and quilts. :laughing7: I wish I had learned to do clothes better. :BangHead:
The times I attempt clothing, it comes out pretty pathetic, sad to say. :laughing7:

sewkitty.gif

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Ok, now I'm officially in love with both of ya'll's garages! :3some: :laughing7: :notworthy:

I have my mom's ,70+ yrs old, New Home sewing machine in a beautiful wood case. I have a slim mirror in the same wood, it makes a real nice furniture piece, when not in use. I love quilting and sewing. My mom and stepmom worked in the sewing factory for 20 yrs. Mom could make ANYTHING! Everybody sewed/sews!
Me, I'm lucky I can do pillows, curtains, and quilts. :laughing7: I wish I had learned to do clothes better. :BangHead:
The times I attempt clothing, it comes out pretty pathetic, sad to say. :laughing7:

View attachment 915955
She had an antique New Home machine but it was falling apart so we gave it away to a friend who made a table out of the cast iron base. We recently picked one up that was almost identical at an auction made by a company named "Free". They bought out the old New Home company and all the attachments & junk are the same. They are extremely common down here at auctions & estate sales. The one she bought is near perfect & we paid $35. She's got an arrangement with a local woman who's got a long arm quilting machine where the wife sews tops together for her sometimes and that lady does all her quilting in exchange. She'd love her own quilting machine but they are several thousand dollars.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
LOL! Heck Yeah! One of the things I fantasize about...... Well, this and a 3D Printer. :laughing7:

Long Arm Quilters - AceSewVac.com

Brings back memories of when I use to repair Atlas sewing machines. They had a 3 needle setup that was a bit tricky with the timing. Timing was the only real problem that I saw while repairing sewing machines. The gears would shift on the shaft and cause the breaking of needles. There were 2 screws that held the gear to the shaft. sometimes the factory did not tighten the lock screw and over time the set screw slipped. This gear sets the timing between the needle dip and the bobbin loop. Old memories linger! Frank...

down down.jpg
Down is warmer

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You know I hate to see a cluttered garage, but if you care to, you can let me store your 67 Camero here in my garage! I HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM FOR THAT PUPPY!!!:laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread