Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm more concerned about your future for the fact you care about this. :)

I really don't get it.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm more concerned about your future for the fact you care about this. :)

I really don't get it.
Short version.. Phil Robertson gets canned from the most popular cable tv show in history for expressing his religious beliefs and telling a story about what it was like to grow up in the deep South in the 1950s. Meanwhile a hugely popular role model for our children "Hannah Montana" grows up to become Miley Cyrus, acts like a $10 hooker, and people cheer & throw money... If you don't see the problem with this I don't know what to say. Can we please now not allow this thread to get too "political" and cause it to dissapear ? Censorship is alive & well lately and not just on television.....

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short version.. Phil Robertson gets canned from the most popular cable tv show in history for expressing his religious beliefs and telling a story about what it was like to grow up in the deep South in the 1950s. Meanwhile a hugely popular role model for our children "Hannah Montana" grows up to become Miley Cyrus, acts like a $10 hooker, and people cheer & throw money... If you don't see the problem with this I don't know what to say.

All I know about them is they need a professional Barber for Shaves.
I don't know if that includes the Women. I never saw rest.

as for Miley, If her hair reaches past her Shoulders, so
She looks female again, instead of a young boy in drag,
she could be worth $20 paper/plastic Bags can get expensive,
and boxes on her head would just make her look like Spongbob

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
as for Miley, If her hair reaches past her Shoulders, so
She looks female again

I think her and justin bieber are trading places,he wont need the operation:laughing7:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is current news so unless Bieber and Phil are running for office this topic should be pretty benign one would think.:laughing7:I'm glad A&E gotta their head out their wallets(and other places) and realized what a stupid move this was because I think it made Duck Dynasty even more popular than ever.

Last edited:

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is current news so unless Bieber and Phil are running for office this topic should be pretty benign one would think.:laughing7:I'm glad A&E gotta their head out their wallets(and other places) and realized what a stupid move this was because I think it made Duck Dynasty even more popular than ever.

Think the last part of your statement says it all. I think A&E saw a big, fat PR stunt dangled right in the face and jumped on it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think for some of the newer generation, the moral compass points south!
In my younger days in a business class, the prof said markup should be cost +100%.
I just saw on bar rescue that it is now cost +300%.
Now look at the cost of oil. It cost about $5/bbl to produce oil.
Now you know why the rich are getting richer and you know where that richer is coming from!
Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to admit I've seen the show, and or parts of it a few times. From what I saw, I thought there were some funny parts, they have the money, plus A&E provides even more, for them to be rednecks like I can't afford to be, like blowing up the duck blind. I'm also old enough to realize it's all about money. Hollywood has always said publicity, good or bad, is always good. A&E stirred things up to get all the free advertising on Fox News, now people that never heard of of a duck call will be watching that show. Follow the money. What Phil said could have been said by me, I totally support him and his beliefs, but I doubt I'll watch the show any more than I have in the past, which was maybe three times, simply because it's was just a gimmick fostered by A&E to get ratings and advertising dollars.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Short version.. Phil Robertson gets canned from the most popular cable tv show in history for expressing his religious beliefs and telling a story about what it was like to grow up in the deep South in the 1950s. Meanwhile a hugely popular role model for our children "Hannah Montana" grows up to become Miley Cyrus, acts like a $10 hooker, and people cheer & throw money... If you don't see the problem with this I don't know what to say. Can we please now not allow this thread to get too "political" and cause it to dissapear ? Censorship is alive & well lately and not just on television.....

Wouldn't talk down Miley. When she was 15 it was predicted she would be worth a billion dollars by the time she was 20. She made it at 19. It's all about fame and money in both cases. And she is a role model because people allow it. They ain't her kids. They're yours...

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've watched the show 1 time for about 10 minutes,wasn't impressed,saw a show the other day about how they REALLY look before this show was made,they didn't have any beards,and they wore nice clothes?,really?,they made them grow long beards and wear camo.To me it's another "Storage wars",all made up.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Phil's attitude. He once told a group at the Sportsmens Ministry in Georgia in 2009 that "A good woman is "hard to find". Mainly because these boys are waiting until they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em. Look, you wait til they get to be about 20 year old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they're 15 or 16, they'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course."

Go Phil, Go.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ok... So where does A&E's rights come into this? Creating a firestorm to force their hand is the American way? If you think that is right I don't know what to say.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ok... So where does A&E's rights come into this? Creating a firestorm to force their hand is the American way? If you think that is right I don't know what to say.

Publicity stunt is all it was, planned by both sides to increase ratings which I heard (but didn't check out for myself yet) were sliding.

As to censorship, guess some did go gently into that good night ...

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread