TNet Is Experiencing Photo Posting Difficulty!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're experiencing picture posting difficulty at this time. Mods & Adm are both aware of the problem. Hopefully this will be resolved by tomorrow. If you already posted a photo, do not delete. Thanks for your patience!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Must be a random problem not affecting everyone ?

Attachments

• Civil War display table.JPG
    Civil War display table.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 596
OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHBandit, is this an older photo stored in your photo album? Try it again with a more recent photo. This what I tested on today. My older saved ones posted, newer ones that I loaded as of the other day, did not post for me this morn.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Not stored anywhere other than on my computer. I clicked "go advanced" then "manage attachments" and selected a file from my computer. As always. Here's a couple more of one of my other hobbies. Railroad lanterns.

Attachments

• Lanterns-1.JPG
    Lanterns-1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 578
  • Lanterns-2.JPG
    Lanterns-2.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 604
  • Lanterns-4.JPG
    Lanterns-4.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 589

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
The net always gets weird every new years, many many virus and trojans and other undesirable scripts launch near new years, even if they have been sitting dormant for months, not saying that is the problem, probably not, but it could be.

Mike

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
The net always gets weird every new years, many many virus and trojans and other undesirable scripts launch near new years, even if they have been sitting dormant for months, not saying that is the problem, probably not, but it could be.

Mike
Ever since eliminating Microsoft products I have had ZERO issues.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The fact that some can post pics and others cannot really leads me to believe that it is a cache corruption issue, that and when the issue started for me last night TNet was very laggy right at that time, could be that it was saturday night and just heavy load volume.
if I may ask what type of software is the server run on, then I can help figure it out.

Mike

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The fact that some can post pics and others cannot really leads me to believe that it is a cache corruption issue, that and when the issue started for me last night TNet was very laggy right at that time, could be that it was saturday night and just heavy load volume.
if I may ask what type of software is the server run on, then I can help figure it out.

Mike

I noticed a lag myself last night, I'll try posting a new picture that I just now transferred from my camera. Didn't work...

Itfoundme13

Mar 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the iPad app and my photos will not post either, also from pics stored on my iPad photos.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_0363.jpg works for me....todays photo exported from my iphoto library to a folder then put here on my apple/mac computer

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try taking a brand new test picture and upload that. We have dozens of reports on this, way to many for it to be a random issue and it has been going on for days....

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it's related to those weird PMs some of us got from a "Mohammed" guy looking for someone to help him by a detector??

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Tried new and old pics, this issue started for me just over a day ago, where is others say it has been a week, I would say have whomever controls the actual server or caching server run diagnostics, I would bet my left arm there is a corrupted caching issue, or imminent disk failure, course I would assume it is configured in an raid array so it would be a simple fix if one fails, or my knowledge is outdated lol, and its software related, I only have limited knowledge with bulletin board software, older perl and php based..if its mysql based well..apples and oranges lol.

Mike

PS I have NOT received any messages from anybody other than my friends, so that would rule out any message issue for me.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I don't upload pics to the gallery first. I load them directly from a file on my computer to the post I'm on using the "go advanced" then "manage attachments" buttons. It's easy and it's how I've always done it. I wasn't even aware there was any other way. I'll try a brand new pic though done the same way & see if it makes a difference. OK just took these 3 minutes ago & uploaded them to my computer. My back yard. No editing, no resizing, etc.

Attachments

• P1010002_1.JPG
    P1010002_1.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 557
  • P1010003_1.JPG
    P1010003_1.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 565

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread