Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not at all. I simply feel it's the responsibility of those forum owners to remove people who's only purpose is to ruin the experience for the rest of the members. I hope these posts from you and jerseyben show them once & for all exactly who it is who is intentionally disrupting threads they don't like. The simple term you used "your group" shows that you see it some some sort of weird contest. An "us" against "them" sort of thing when all we've asked of you is to be left alone. Someone mentioned in passing that some folks got the 2nd forum shut down on purpose without mantioning any names and jerseyben jumped in all offended. Hmmmm. would most anyone of average intelligence see that as a confession ? I certainly do. Thanks for playing. :thumbsup: Once again.. all we've asked for is to be left alone. You are most certainly allowed to be here but you are not allowed to post random attacks against other members. There is NO other section on this entire site where the kind of behavior you 2 conduct is allowed. Why are we forced to be your punching bags ? Seriously. I'd like an answer from admin. I can't go to the dowsing forum for example, and call those folks a bunch of nutty moonbats. Why is nothing being done to stop these constant attacks on us ? Clearly you are NOT here to participate and contribute to the discussion. You are here to create drama.

^^^^^^What he said. This thread was going perfectly fine,yes BC was honest ( be careful BC. I like you,watch your step my friend,don't shoot yourself in the foot so to speak)but didn't address anyone by name,so why is this continuing to happen,the same offenders dumping on threads and baiting people? See I knew we would end up exactly where we were.As Fred Sanford said"I ain't no dummy."

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have any canals around?

I'm sure there are canals all over the place. I rented a pontoon boat for the day and a fishing stick....still no luck. The only time I ever caught a fish was when I was fishing off my parent's dock and it got tangled up in the line. It didn't actually bite the hook...I just had so much line out there it got stuck in it. I think fishing is one of those things that has to be taught. My random attempts have been haphazard at best. One of these days I will catch a fish the real way.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I haven't made any such statements in this thread at all. And I am currently a bow hunter, as it is much more challenging.

What type of Bow do you use? What do you enjoy hunting for? Any trophies?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Red, pretty cool bunker ya got here.
Ya'll won't mind if the cat slinks around a little, I promise not to start marking any territories. :laughing7:
May pee in some shoes, but, well....... you'd understand. :laughing7:

I tried to fish, I am awful. I paid to go on a guided fishing trip with 25 other people. I was the only one who didn't catch a fish! lol. One person felt so bad they offered me a couple of their flounder filets. I don't know what I was doing wrong...same boat, same bait, same water...operator incompetence...
Crisp, Tammy took her grandson (11 yrs old) on the Sea Legs II down here, he caught 18 snappers and a big trigger fish, and won the fishing pool!
She said she'd hook 'em for him, then let him reel them up. They were good for supper last night, too!

Come on down again, we'll all go out. I haven't had a good snapper run since Boca Grande Pass a few yrs back.

eta: it's called a fishing pole, POLE, :BangHead: not fishing stick. LOL!
You may wanna get down here asap....... :laughing7:

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
But you don't have any right to expect that on a public forum! Why not start your own website where you can do as you wish 24/7? Suggesting that people should be banned simply for posting their opinion is laughable.
Being public has nothing to do with allowing bad behavior. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm going to sit back and see if this continues or not. The rules are the rules and some of you think that because it's a public forum you don't have to abide by them. If that's the case fine. We'll call it "anything goes" and all run rampant. I'm sick & tired of the double standards. There were NO problems on this thread until you arrived. I even posted a couple days ago on the thread started by pippinwhitepaws entitled "jerseyben" where I respectfully asked if we could continue the spirit of the "Christmas truce" thread and agree to stop fighting and arguing over our differences. I got NO response. You and your friends are internet bullies. If you don't like a subject you band together to get it shut down. With all due respect to the tough job the mods and the administration has, I sincerely hope they can finally see through the fog and eliminate the PEOPLE responsible rather than shutting down threads and forum sections.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hoping some of you "ole timers" (maybe a youngster) can give some advise on this endeavor. I've been retired since Aug. 06' and would like to learn how to do something now or have someone involved while I hold up my end. I have a l o n g manufacturing background along with a knack.

I'm sure there are a lot of woodworkers here also... RIGHT? Well I am NOT a master woodworker by any stretch but I love designing and building things out of wood. I love building the custom toy box design I came up with and the matching children rocking chairs. The boxes are "all the same" but can be changed up to not appear cloned. I have run out of children (8) and Grandchildren (24) and friends in which to supply. I also really enjoy building the custom poker frames I designed, log bird feeders and houses and other "stuff".

I'd like to learn how to market these… "somehow" or have someone else do it while I just stay in the woodshop. I truly do not want to build, load, travel, unload, repack, travel, unload going to flea markets and such. I really don't know if they need to be marketed completely done or as a self assembly project. I'm just totally native in how to approach this and have absolutely no experience in this arena. If anyone would like to see more of the Poker Frames just PM me with your email address and I'll send pics/info. Anybody have any experience on this endeavor? Thanks… Brad

Attachments

• S6300950.JPG
    S6300950.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 58
  • S6301397.JPG
    S6301397.JPG
    765.9 KB · Views: 59
  • S6301099.JPG
    S6301099.JPG
    858.5 KB · Views: 60

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am curious why you and your group feel this privately owned public forum website is available for you to carve out areas where you can deny others access?

I can ask the same. Been banned for commenting on Jersey Ben's "bully buster" thread, and for commenting on Crispin's thread.

Multiple reports, banning, and just generally acting like horses' backsides.

BAN THE LOT OF THEM!!!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'm hoping some of you "ole timers" (maybe a youngster) can give some advise on this endeavor. I've been retired since Aug. 06' and would like to learn how to do something now or have someone involved while I hold up my end. I have a l o n g manufacturing background along with a knack.

I'm sure there are a lot of woodworkers here also... RIGHT? Well I am NOT a master woodworker by any stretch but I love designing and building things out of wood. I love building the custom toy box design I came up with and the matching children rocking chairs. The boxes are "all the same" but can be changed up to not appear cloned. I have run out of children (8) and Grandchildren (24) and friends in which to supply. I also really enjoy building the custom poker frames I designed, log bird feeders and houses and other "stuff".

I'd like to learn how to market these… "somehow" or have someone else do it while I just stay in the woodshop. I truly do not want to build, load, travel, unload, repack, travel, unload going to flea markets and such. I really don't know if they need to be marketed completely done or as a self assembly project. I'm just totally native in how to approach this and have absolutely no experience in this arena. If anyone would like to see more of the Poker Frames just PM me with your email address and I'll send pics/info. Anybody have any experience on this endeavor? Thanks… Brad
I retired early in 2010 and I'm playing with hot rods & muscle cars but there is no money in it since I don't sell my "toys".. Zero experience with wood working other than turning a garage sale coffee table into a display table for my Civil War stuff. But I am also looking for something to keep busy and put a few extra bucks in my pocket at the same time. I'm a retired auto mechanic and have a fully equipped shop with lift, air compressor, welder & enough tools to put 5 guys to work but having only been here in Tennessee 2 years I have no contacts other than the members of the local car club I belong to. Watching this for ideas I can steal. Not wanting to work with wood though. I still have all my fingers... lol Only suggestion I have for you is to go to alot of flea markets and craft shows and then think of something nobody else is doing.

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*****NEED SUGGESTIONS****** ALL PATRIOTS PLEASE RESPOND*******

I am planning a 2 week traveling treasure hunt in June 2014. I am torn.
Should I go directly to Florida and spend a lot of time there scuba diving and beach hunting or
go travel the southern states up to the 13 originals to search for Civil War relics?
I would like to meet up with some of the great people I have met here on TN and do some hunting.
If you take me out on a hunt - Dinner, Supper or whatever you call it down there are on me! plus Drinks!!! Thanks - TRF

Please PM as to not bog down this thread - :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bird Pie
Trying to give this thread a womanly touch

Salted water
Stewing birds(doves maybe?)
1 stick butter, melted
6 to 8 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
Pie crust
Stew birds covered in salted water until tender. Remove meat from bones. Place meat in uncooked pie crust. Blend flour, salt and pepper into butter over low heat until bubbly. Gradually stir in 2 or 3 cups of broth in which birds were cooked. Top with pie crust with slits in it.
Bake until crust is brown and filling is bubbly. We like to make extra gravy to pour over the slices when served.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Limitool,
you have very nice work!
I can only suggest take a look at etsy. There is a link to my little store on my sig(the store is almost bare and neglected, needs work,lol). If you search for handmade wooden toyboxes, birdhouses, etc.... look for folks that do the same and/or like things. They also have a forum you can ask questions for help.

I would also suggest to post your question under the garage sale section. There are a BUNCH of us internet sellers there, and they will be more than happy to elaborate and offer advice. Check out the etsy and pm me, if you want a little more detail info. There's so many avenues for selling on the internet, it comes down to finding/cutting your own niche.

BigScoop(I think it is) under the beach and shallow also does nice birdhouses and custom crafts.

eta: NHB, you do pinstriping? There's a market for you there and not hard work, just tedious.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very nice work Limitool.Have you ever thought about contacting any universities and making rocking chairs for their fraternity houses?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Limitool,
you have very nice work!
I can only suggest take a look at etsy. There is a link to my little store on my sig(the store is almost bare and neglected, needs work,lol). If you search for handmade wooden toyboxes, birdhouses, etc.... look for folks that do the same and/or like things. They also have a forum you can ask questions for help.

I would also suggest to post your question under the garage sale section. There are a BUNCH of us internet sellers there, and they will be more than happy to elaborate and offer advice. Check out the etsy and pm me, if you want a little more detail info. There's so many avenues for selling on the internet, it comes down to finding/cutting your own niche.

BigScoop(I think it is) under the beach and shallow also does nice birdhouses and custom crafts.

eta: NHB, you do pinstriping? There's a market for you there and not hard work, just tedious.
Pat how do they get their cut ? Percentage, flat monthly fee, etc ? Looks interesting. I do a bit on Ebay but they are killing me with fees. Limitool no painting of any kind. I can rebuild a blown up racecar engine on the tailgate of my truck if I need to but body work & paint is not my thing. I am going to give it a try with the 56 Chevy truck I'm working on now. It's mine and if I screw it up it's no big deal. Here's my attempt at replacing rusted out step & bottom door hinge area. Luckily they reproduce most of the parts.

Attachments

• LT Front lower hinge area.JPG
    LT Front lower hinge area.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 55
  • LT step removed.JPG
    LT step removed.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010086_2.JPG
    P1010086_2.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
*****NEED SUGGESTIONS****** ALL PATRIOTS PLEASE RESPOND*******

I am planning a 2 week traveling treasure hunt in June 2014. I am torn.
Should I go directly to Florida and spend a lot of time there scuba diving and beach hunting or
go travel the southern states up to the 13 originals to search for Civil War relics?
I would like to meet up with some of the great people I have met here on TN and do some hunting.
If you take me out on a hunt - Dinner, Supper or whatever you call it down there are on me! plus Drinks!!! Thanks - TRF

Please PM as to not bog down this thread - :icon_thumright:
Sounds like fun and you're more than welcome to swing by here. I haven't done much about getting out and finding any local places to poke around yet though. Between moving 1000 miles, building my 30x40 garage, and finishing up one hot rod project & starting another I simply haven't made the time to get out and look.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Zero experience with wood working other than turning a garage sale coffee table into a display table for my Civil War stuff. But I am also looking for something to keep busy and put a few extra bucks in my pocket at the same time. I'm a retired auto mechanic and have a fully equipped shop with lift, air compressor, welder & enough tools to put 5 guys to work but having only been here in Tennessee 2 years I have no contacts other than the members of the local car club I belong to. Watching this for ideas I can steal. Not wanting to work with wood though. I still have all my fingers... lol Only suggestion I have for you is to go to alot of flea markets and craft shows and then think of something nobody else is doing.

What you need NHB is a milling machine(you may have one,I dont know) computerized or otherwise.More challenging without a computerized one.Make and build your own guns.a painting customer I had,had a computerized one.Unfortunately he used it to make rocking chairs,what a waste lol.I tried to get him to make me a revolver cylinder for a cap and ball but he wouldnt do it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both sides back off, there are mods to handle issues.

Put thread back on track below this post. ..

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both sides back off, there are mods to handle issues.

Put thread back on track below this post...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Red, pretty cool bunker ya got here.
Ya'll won't mind if the cat slinks around a little, I promise not to start marking any territories.
May pee in some shoes, but, well....... you'd understand.

Patcat,me and cats go hand and hand.Youre always welcome here.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread