REDs PATRIOTIC BUNKER - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1032Likes

Thread: REDs PATRIOTIC BUNKER

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7963 times
    The Truth
    Great idea you have here Red.
    Ohhh its going to be around for a longggggggg time.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7963 times
    The Truth
    Have a seat TH,drinks on me

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7963 times
    The Truth
    I'm going to be getting my FID come june,get back into hunting again.How I miss it after moving back to this craphole.

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3180 times
    Funny story about the dove hunters across the street that happened last year. I'm in my livingroom watching tv and can hear a shotgun going off now & then. Nothing unusual but I've only been here 2 years and haven't met alot of the locals yet. After awhile I realized that a couple of times I heard what sounded like rain on my metal roof but only right after someone fired. It came to me that it was birdshot falling and landing on my roof. So I walked over to see what was going on. Several guys in the field just on the other side of the treeline that's across the street from my house. They said hello and asked me what was up and I told them I just wanted to see who was shooting over my house and why. They apologized and told me they weren't but that the wind might have caught a couple of shots that were fired in this general direction and then offered me a beer. Good bunch of guys and I ended up hanging out for a half hour or so talking about things we're all interested in and made a couple of new friends in the process. Can't say I ever met new neighbors that way before but it was all good.
    Last edited by NHBandit; Dec 29, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Live Free or Die

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    2221 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NHBandit View Post
    Funny story about the dove hunters across the street that happened last year. I'm in my livingroom watching tv and can hear a shotgun going off now & then. Nothing unusual but I've only been here 2 years and haven't met alot of the locals yet. After awhile I realized that a couple of times I heard what sounded like rain on my metal roof but only right after someone fired. It came to me that it was birdshot falling and landing on my roof. So I walked over to see what was going on. Several guys in the field just on the other side of the treeline that's across the street from my house. They said hello and asked me what was up and I told them I just wanted to see who was shooting over my house and why. They apologized and told me they weren't but that the wind might have caught a couple of shots that were fired in this general direction and then offered me a beer. Good bunch of guys and I ended up hanging out for a half hour or so talking about things we're all interested in and made a couple of new friends in the process. Can't say I ever met new neighbors that way before but it was all good.
    I was in a friends field a few years ago, some others on the other side.. now and then shot rained down on us too,, had to be about 400 yards between us. We thought it was a hoot.

Another time shot landed on a fellas house,, like yours,, but they called the police and said people were shooting at them. When the police arrived and saw how far off we were they just laughed it off. Wonder how that would go over now? ( It was a Very rural area,, but the people that moved in came from the city).
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

us
    Feb 2013
    Lake Champlain, Vt.
    2723 times
    Doves.....marinate in terriaki sauce and garlic, fire up the grill, and cook for approx. 2 min. per side....I usually just split in half.....pour a tall Capt. Morgans and ginger ale, put a fire in the fire pit, and enjoy life.

Great site you have started RJC.......Gary
    "When the legends die, the dream ends, there is no more greatness." Tecumseh

"Kawanro che Keetera" (I am master wherever I am)........Mohawk/Iroquios

"Failure is just a reason to do it again with more intelligence" Henry Ford

"....if you haven't tried it, how do you know it's impossible."

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7963 times
    The Truth
    Beats the way that I met some neighbors that I use to have after moving back here

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7963 times
    The Truth
    Thanks Gary

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    9749 times
    Well this is a great idea, but how do we keep the umm..hrm.looking for the right word here..how do we keep the non-RIGHT handed people from jumping in and twisting words and ultimately getting the thread locked.

I have a suggestion for that, make me a mod, I'll be fair, yet brutal, I take crap from nobody, blame 10+ years as an IRC server admin for the hard side of me lol..

But anyway, I hope we can have some good discussions in this thread, that other forum the admin suggested is like WW3 lol pure brutality.

Mike
    Last edited by BC1969; Dec 29, 2013 at 09:29 PM.
    Oregon Viking likes this.

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    2221 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GMD52 View Post
    Doves.....marinate in terriaki sauce and garlic, fire up the grill, and cook for approx. 2 min. per side....I usually just split in half.....pour a tall Capt. Morgans and ginger ale, put a fire in the fire pit, and enjoy life.

Great site you have started RJC.......Gary
    .. I sometimes like my steak natural(small salt and pepper,, and Lots of butter), usually blackened(cajun spicy).. and occasionally marinated in teryaki sauce with a little bit of Soy.. Hard to pin it down sometimes.

That dove sounds great as a change of pace. Maybe I will do that on half next time!
    GMD52 likes this.
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7963 times
    The Truth
    I'll be fair, yet brutal
    Got me beat,I'm just brutal
    BC1969, Limitool and Oregon Viking like this.

us
    Feb 2013
    Lake Champlain, Vt.
    2723 times
    Dave,

That recipe of terriaki and garlic is also the same that I use on duck breasts, and venison.....have also saute'd mushrooms in it and put over grilled steaks.......Gary
    "When the legends die, the dream ends, there is no more greatness." Tecumseh

"Kawanro che Keetera" (I am master wherever I am)........Mohawk/Iroquios

"Failure is just a reason to do it again with more intelligence" Henry Ford

"....if you haven't tried it, how do you know it's impossible."

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18451 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    As the evening travels into history and my eyes begin to close, I wish all my friends a good evening. And tomorrow we will begin again.

Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    I was in a friends field a few years ago, some others on the other side.. now and then shot rained down on us too,, had to be about 400 yards between us. We thought it was a hoot.

Another time shot landed on a fellas house,, like yours,, but they called the police and said people were shooting at them. When the police arrived and saw how far off we were they just laughed it off. Wonder how that would go over now? ( It was a Very rural area,, but the people that moved in came from the city).
    Yeah but I'm "different".. I moved from a rural area in NH to a rural area in TN to get away from city folks that were moving in. Even the guys in my local car club tell me I ain't no "regular yankee" LOL I think it's a compliment.
    Live Free or Die

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    2221 times
    A group a few of us belonged to started a site a few years ago.. people posted,, then started slowing down, eventually I think I was the last one. Funny thing about our type, we think discussions are not that necessary,, we forget that someone is always willing to take your silence as agreement with their lunacy, and if you aren't there to support the right ideas.. they try to fill the void with their own. It is how they have been seizing control even with a small group of people.
    Thomas Paine-

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links