REDs PATRIOTIC BUNKER

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to REDs PATRIOTIC BUNKER.

This thread is started to fill a gap.The main objective is to have fun discussing shooting,hunting,fishing,eats,drinks,camping,survival,and whatever else comes to mind.I need to stress that there is to be no political discussions or religious discussions.Antagonizing will not be tolerated.We need to keep this thread within the limits of the rules.Have fun,enjoy,learn,thats what life is all about isnt it.....RED JAMES CASH:occasion17:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet,, I love it already! I hope I don't have to start utilizing my ignore button? Do we still have those?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet,, I love it already! I hope I don't have to start utilizing my ignore button? Do we still have those?

Thanks Dave,I knew there would be some appreciation:icon_thumleft:Yes I do believe the ignore button is still readily available for instantaneous use.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, we have the basic ground rules. I am sure we need more information. If someone comes in this thread specifically to antagonize or irritate everyone,, what happens? I noticed on another thread it is not condoned at all, even a slight perception of it draws bad things! Can we do something like that?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it isn't Dove season,, but a breast wrapped in bacon and skewered with a couple of pickled Jalepenos, and grilled over mesquite??!!! OH MAN that's good!!!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I only had dove once.I sauteed it in olive oil,garlic and onion and a little wine.it was quit good.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the like button!

Think we should nominate Red the "Information minister"? I mean.. in shear volume even I can't look at them all? lolololol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening ladies and gentlemen..:icon_thumright:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I know it isn't Dove season,, but a breast wrapped in bacon and skewered with a couple of pickled Jalepenos, and grilled over mesquite??!!! OH MAN that's good!!!!
Been alot of shooting in the cornfield across the street from my place the last few days. Shotguns from the sound of it. I assumed it was doves they were after since they do hunt them over there. Yep, just looked it up. Segment 3 goes from Dec 19-Jan 15. Great idea you have here Red. Hope it can stay awhile and people will respect your wishes to keep it within the rules.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I didn't realize we were that close to another season here! Coming up soon.. maybe I need to find a high gear field?
From Va Gove hunting Regs.

Season Dates:September 2 - September 6 (noon until sunset), September 7 - October 14 (½ hour before sunrise until sunset)October 19 - November 2 (½ hour before sunrise until sunset)December 31 - January 11 (½ hour before sunrise until sunset)

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to be getting my FID come june,get back into hunting again.How I miss it after moving back to this craphole.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Funny story about the dove hunters across the street that happened last year. I'm in my livingroom watching tv and can hear a shotgun going off now & then. Nothing unusual but I've only been here 2 years and haven't met alot of the locals yet. After awhile I realized that a couple of times I heard what sounded like rain on my metal roof but only right after someone fired. It came to me that it was birdshot falling and landing on my roof. So I walked over to see what was going on. Several guys in the field just on the other side of the treeline that's across the street from my house. They said hello and asked me what was up and I told them I just wanted to see who was shooting over my house and why. They apologized and told me they weren't but that the wind might have caught a couple of shots that were fired in this general direction and then offered me a beer. Good bunch of guys and I ended up hanging out for a half hour or so talking about things we're all interested in and made a couple of new friends in the process. Can't say I ever met new neighbors that way before but it was all good.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny story about the dove hunters across the street that happened last year. I'm in my livingroom watching tv and can hear a shotgun going off now & then. Nothing unusual but I've only been here 2 years and haven't met alot of the locals yet. After awhile I realized that a couple of times I heard what sounded like rain on my metal roof but only right after someone fired. It came to me that it was birdshot falling and landing on my roof. So I walked over to see what was going on. Several guys in the field just on the other side of the treeline that's across the street from my house. They said hello and asked me what was up and I told them I just wanted to see who was shooting over my house and why. They apologized and told me they weren't but that the wind might have caught a couple of shots that were fired in this general direction and then offered me a beer. Good bunch of guys and I ended up hanging out for a half hour or so talking about things we're all interested in and made a couple of new friends in the process. Can't say I ever met new neighbors that way before but it was all good.

I was in a friends field a few years ago, some others on the other side.. now and then shot rained down on us too,, had to be about 400 yards between us. We thought it was a hoot.

Another time shot landed on a fellas house,, like yours,, but they called the police and said people were shooting at them. When the police arrived and saw how far off we were they just laughed it off. Wonder how that would go over now? ( It was a Very rural area,, but the people that moved in came from the city).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread