Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problebly......Once they're full, they cushion the landing after you fall, just like the mars landings......Gary

AHHH the "Big Bag" theory. lol

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Problebly......Once they're full, they cushion the landing after you fall, just like the mars landings......Gary

What happens if you hit face first?See video for answer :laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw that video here before somewhere.

Although Heights while outside effect me in real life, till I get my footing,
My common sense that I am sitting here watching a video prevented it from
being the tinest bit Frightening.
The camera work gave me a Bit of motion sickness though.
I hate watching fast movements on Cheap cameras.

if I climb a Fire tower, till I get to the top, I'm about half my Height :tongue3:
I have a hard time standing up.
But I can hang over the side by my Legs.
I did it as a kid maybe 12 years old.

Once I did it, I was able to stand up without fear.

now if I go up on my roof, even just one story.
I can't stand on the edge till I get my balance back.

But I'm sure I could stand on the roof of the tallest Building & lean over the edge
If there is a rail there.

it ain't the height it's the fear of loosing Balance

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife got me to ride the roller coaster on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas once,, But couldn't get me on the bouncy ride above that.

And Jeff is right, the balance thing is the problem,, I couldn't really bring myself to walk out to the rail.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do Cell Tower work for AT&T & Verizon. They are huge companies and they go by OSHA requirements plus more. Though they hire outside contractors to climb the towers. We had a safety huddle discussing Cell Tower issues, On the paperwork they gave out, there was actually a guy that fell off the tower laying on the ground with a tarp over him. His foot was sticking out from the tarp. I thought that was kind of tacky but it also drove the point of safety - very well.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife got me to ride the roller coaster on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas once,, But couldn't get me on the bouncy ride above that.

And Jeff is right, the balance thing is the problem,, I couldn't really bring myself to walk out to the rail.

yes it's like the Higher you get of the Ground,
the stronger Gravity pulls at your head & Shoulders :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm. All ways good to be a little scared.
Before getting crushed my fear used to be of hitting the the ground were I to fall, servicing cranes and dust collector silo,s.
The guy who trained me usually answered my how far up are we question with "it don,t matter, if you fall it won,t hurt".
We were at a seminar shortly after a company doing similar work had a guy fall, it may have been anxious on the way but did not hurt him after. Sure did hurt his loved ones and co workers though. Every one from that company walked out when safety on same units was about to be discussed. Sobering to be there. I would on occasion force my self to take an imaginary bow shot off some of the highest towers but never felt at home on one. Don,t care for my own single story roof no more let alone how to get on it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once heard you actually die long before you hit the ground

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah you hope that's true!!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, there is something wrong with people that can climb like that.:notworthy:

Clipping his harness to the "bolt" steps did not look safe. You drop a couple feet, hard tug on bolt step, it bends, and the hook slides right off the end. Maybe it catches on the bolt head for a second.....but probably not.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't find those pictures of Iron workers when they built the Empire State Building. No osha there

kyrock

Jun 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched 1min. of it, I have a major fear of heights. You couldn't pay me 10 million dollars a day to do this. NO WAY!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched 1min. of it, I have a major fear of heights. You couldn't pay me 10 million dollars a day to do this. NO WAY!

Now Kyrock.... I'm not doubting you at all.... But personally I'd like to have that option put in front of me (just once is all I'd need). While it does look unnerving (IS) so was crawling into some of the places within the cave behind my house. I was 1.5 hrs deep and crawling inside the equal of a 55 gallon drum for a long time. And it was filled 1/2 full of water also. Before anyone says it.... This will be a candidate for Red's STUPID PEOPLE thread. There, I covered it.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread