Hemp,what do you think?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Apparently quite a few folks think hemp and marijuana are the same thing, two intirely different beasts.
And the only reason marijuana was ever made illegal, is not because it made people crazy, like the old propaganda, but rather because of hemp.
Hemp fibers are extremely strong, along comes Dupont, with its newly developed nylon, and the rest is history, big money killed hemp which also killed the marijuana plant...

Mike

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Apparently quite a few folks think hemp and marijuana are the same thing, two intirely different beasts.
And the only reason marijuana was ever made illegal, is not because it made people crazy, like the old propaganda, but rather because of hemp.
Hemp fibers are extremely strong, along comes Dupont, with its newly developed nylon, and the rest is history, big money killed hemp which also killed the marijuana plant...

Mike

Hemp would solve a LOT of problems,no MONEY to be made by the big money though!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
There is so much to this story I could type for hours on it, as for why hemp was killed, it started with the diesel engine, that challenged big oil, as for marijuana, that was killed with the crazy racist propaganda in the 30's..that and a tax stamp that was required..they just never issued any.
I am a walking self proclaimed encyclopedia on the subject.

Mike

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There is so much to this story I could type for hours on it, as for why hemp was killed, it started with the diesel engine, that challenged big oil, as for marijuana, that was killed with the crazy racist propaganda in the 30's..that and a tax stamp that was required..they just never issued any.
I am a walking self proclaimed encyclopedia on the subject.

Mike

No argument from me Brother!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread