Hemp,what do you think?

Deep_digger_Dan

Greenie
Sep 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The entire planet could have benefited from hemp, might be too late now. I find it very ironic that these days all you hear is "green" this or "green" that. Yet the most earth friendly byproducts can be made from hemp. I'm still on the fence about the healing powers of cannabis. But it sure looks like it I helps many sick people in many ways.

Come on light up!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it can be used for a lot. Though, with everything, people abuse it - I Have seen too many people go down the wrong path for me to endorse it. Plus, I don't want my kids using.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dan,

Seems like you have common sense,I sure don't quite see what the officials tell me as common sense.

God Bless

Chris

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, it can be used for a lot. Though, with everything, people abuse it - I Have seen too many people go down the wrong path for me to endorse it. Plus, I don't want my kids using.

You have to smoke a LOT of hemp to get high,IF you ever do.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It makes great rope!
I also have some hemp lotion, with coconut, and Eel river brewing (eureka CA) makes a great hemp ale. :occasion14:

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And on the opposite side, being A diabetic for 37 years the THC works for glaucoma. Hemp has very little if any THC.
Hemp is used for clothing also.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It still grows thick in the mid-west, left over from the days we grew giant fields of it, no thc though.

Hunted Pheasant and Quail in Nebraska a few years ago, an old timer told me where to find the quail. He had me walk a wind break (fence row) made of Osage Orange trees, "where the trees end you'ff find the Quail", he said. Sure enough, there they were, feasting on wild hemp seeds.....it was unreal.....a strip about 25' wide and 5 or 600' feet long, solid hemp. 8 to 10' high, so thick nothing else grew there, fist sized cola's loaded with oily seeds and quail. I stripped big hand fulls of seeds into my hunting vest pocket, and then dumped them out in some bird fields when I got home, but never saw any plants make it. I should have stripped a 5 gal. bucket full, it would be fun to get them started here in Ohio. It's an amazing plant.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hemp useful for many things sucks for smoking --however one can easily hide a batch of pot in a hemp field --thus the govt will not let you grow it.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Historically a shirt of hemp out lasted many made of other type materials. So I have read.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw some statistics the other day and about 20 years ago 16% thought pot should be legal. 2012 46%, Today 53%. A 7% change in 18 months.
My numbers are from memory so their could be a point difference or so but the trend is there.
There is also a bill in Congress to change mandatory sentencing for non-violent drug violations. The bill is called the Smarter Sentencing Act.
In my State, New Mexico, a recreational pot bill will be introduced soon. I doubt it will get far with our present governor as she used to be a prosecutor.
I wonder if legalization will take the fun out of pot for some people. Like underage drinking.

There was a store that along with other stuff sold a lot of different hemp products. The store might still be there, not sure.
I would have thought some other countries would have been more likely to legalize before the US. Like the Netherlands.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw some statistics the other day and about 20 years ago 16% thought pot should be legal. 2012 46%, Today 53%. A 7% change in 18 months.
My numbers are from memory so their could be a point difference or so but the trend is there.
There is also a bill in Congress to change mandatory sentencing for non-violent drug violations. The bill is called the Smarter Sentencing Act.
In my State, New Mexico, a recreational pot bill will be introduced soon. I doubt it will get far with our present governor as she used to be a prosecutor.
I wonder if legalization will take the fun out of pot for some people. Like underage drinking.

There was a store that along with other stuff sold a lot of different hemp products. The store might still be there, not sure.
I would have thought some other countries would have been more likely to legalize before the US. Like the Netherlands.

Uruguay did!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
5% of the earths population in the united states.
25% of the earths prisoners are in the united states...
the number of people in jail for pot is astronomical...
25million dollars tax money recovered by Colorado in the first week of legalization...

do the math...

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Donald,

BIG money to be made for a minor in fraction of the law,SUCKS!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread