My 1st permission granted old property hunt-STARTS TOMARROW!

beth71070

Nov 3, 2013
Stokesdale NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70 and Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going to a new OLD abandoned homestead with hubby and son tomarrow to search for old coins and maybe relics--got our 1st permission-granted property and I AM SO EXCITED!!!....like Im gonna spontaneously combust or something!!! So long school playgrounds and tot lots! Well, until NEXT weekend anyway! LOL! Cant wait to get up and GO in the morning!!! Will let you all see and know what and IF we find anything...wish us LUCK and HH to everyone! :hello2:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you folks.... Your more excited than a kid on Christmas morning. I WOULD BE TOO GAL. Best of luck!!!!!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll have a wonderful time.

If the grass is too tall for your MD coil, take along a 3' x 4' piece of 1/2"-plywood (with a 12" hole in the center) attached to some nylon rope.
It'll flatten the grass when you stand on it so your coil will be close to the ground. (have your son or hubby pull it while you swing your detector LOL)

Good luck!

OP
OP
beth71070

beth71070

Nov 3, 2013
Stokesdale NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the encouragement yesterday! Unfortunately, Didnt quite pan out to our expectations though-hmpfff!...We did find a few old door and furniture hinges,odd looking jewlery, ALOT of rusted bolts and nails!!!LOL!! Hubby did find a handfull of wheaty and clads (LOL! He always gets grumpy because he ALLWAYS finds the wheaties! Which I think personally think is pretty durn good! But he finds them EVERYWHERE we go!) Oh yeah and when we got home He found this WW2 pin (?) Anyhoo heres pics of the big 1st permission old property and even though it wasnt a total success we all had a blast! Good Luck to everyone and Happy Hunting!!8-) Metal Detecting Finds 003.jpg Metal Detecting Finds.jpg Metal Detecting Finds 002.jpg

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For a first time out besides tot lots and playgrounds not all in all a bad day! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
beth71070

beth71070

Nov 3, 2013
Stokesdale NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and btw, THANK YOU for the advice regarding the plank trick "Watercolor"!!! Unfortunately we didnt read your post until after we got home but Scott (hubs) and I think that would be a super idea to try on our next "overgrown" trip (and alot of our regular haunts ary VERY overgrown! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
beth71070

beth71070

Nov 3, 2013
Stokesdale NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THANKS! We DID have alot of fun!!! HH!:hello:

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your military find is an old US Army officer's cap badge. Possibly WW2 or earlier.

Capbadge2.JPG

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the thing to do is to go back to the same place and swing a little slower and lower and do it right after a rain. Seems detectors work better over moist ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions