Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Man Arrested For Giving 75 Cent To Homeless

truther January 19, 2014

Greg Snider was in a Houston, Texas parking lot, on the phone making a business call. While in the lot, a homeless man approached his car and asked forchange. Snider gave him 75 cents and then drove off. KPRC Local 2 News reported on the shocking thing that happened next.

Man mistakenly caught in drug sting in Houston | News - Home

When Snider pulled onto a nearby freeway, a police car pulled him to the side. Greg was surprised by how aggressive the officer was, telling KPRC, ā€œHeā€™s screaming. Heā€™s yelling. Heā€™s telling me to get out of the car. Heā€™s telling me to put my hands on the hoodā€¦Theyā€™re like, ā€˜We saw you downtown. We saw what you did.ā€™ And I was like, ā€˜Are you kidding me? I gave a homeless man 75 cents.ā€™ā€

He was dragged out of his car and handcuffed. So what was it that police insisted Mr. Snider had done? Give that homeless man drugs. Again, he didnā€™t. Snider only gave the man some money.

Snider agreed to let police search his cars for drugs, and they did so for an hour while Greg remained handcuffed. In that time, ten more police cars showed up and pulled over. The search was not fruitful ā€“ no drugs were found in the car. That is, because, as previously mentioned, Snider didnā€™t have any drugs to give. Snider was not happy about the damage police did to his car, or that the police were actually laughing about the mistake.

Mr. Snider has filed a complaint. Police declined to comment to KPRC about the incident.

More info: KPRC

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gustopo , welcome to the new america folks,where big bro will watch and look out for you weather you need it or not! i hope he sues the s t, out of them!never was one for sueing, but i dont care any more! of the gov, for the gov, and by the gov! i think thats how that goes.lol

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally agree with you loco oro. Wouldn't you think (I know think) that the cops would of searched the "homeless" man first for the drugs that they say this man gave to him? Heck maybe they did and actually found drugs on him (homeless man) .... and that's why he was pulled over. But for an HOUR!!!!! Wish I knew if the cops did find drugs on the homeless man.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Last year I almost got tased by a nutcase with a badge for what they called interfering with a peace officer..I was following a meter maid around and putting quarters in the meters of folks..about to get tickets..I thought it was great...they thought I should be arrested for costing the city money..lol

Mike

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he gets a good lawyer and sues the pants off those cops and the municipality who hired them. The abuse of power by police these days is reaching an intolerable level.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lawyer is the way to go. Police who act like that should not be police.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread