galaxy s4 help

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just take it down to Starbucks and see if it works on their free wifi... the S4 will try and pick up the wifi.

:)

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should work with any wi fi signal you have "access" to. You don't have to have a cell contract for that.

But if you are too far from a hot spot it will not connect without a data plan. Sorry if this response is vague, I am not a good teacher :tongue3:.

I guess you are buying it from a private party, most carriers won't sell a smart phone without a data plan. So, make sure it is a clean phone, with a clear ownership.

Example, you buy a smart phone for a 100$ from a carrier. That phone cost much more than that, the company is underwriting the cost of the phone by your contractual obligation to their service for a given time. So if someone had the phone 6 months from a carrier, take the phone to the carrier to make sure the phone it theirs to sell. got it? Otherwise it is a Hot "paperweight"

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I think sprint might let me get the galaxy s4 without a data plan. I don't want to pay 110 a month for data if I could get on wifi.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I think sprint might let me get the galaxy s4 without a data plan. I don't want to pay 110 a month for data if I could get on wifi.

I didn't know they would do that. Sounds good.
People are in varying stages of understanding on this, myself included. So don't get me wrong on this, but if you are out in the field, or even in your front yard you probably will not have connectivity.
Good luck sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread