jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well get prepared for more of it for Tues & Weds...worst than last week. Everything will get shut down, so prepare now. I know we will lose power this time, my wood is stacked & ready to go. Making some soup, put in pot on top of wood heater...good to go.

Been wondering how you've been handling it down there :thumbsup:

here it depends on the report.

National Weather Service has worse predictions, then the TV stations

Untitledq.jpg Untitleda.jpg
Untitledwq.jpg

Harrisbug 27 Weather has a light at the end of the tunnel

Untitledk.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff!! Yea, know what your talking about!! 21 down here in Baton Rouge, LA, friday and the entire I-10 Interstate System closed off!! Even the Mississippi River Bridge, everything East and West!! 18 Wheelers parked on the side of the highway and every parking lot available!! What a mess!! Fortunately every thing has warmed up and basically thawed out until Monday night when it is suppose to get back down to 20!! Hope you are warm and keep posting!! Don't know what we would do without you!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! From the SUNNY SOUTH and WARM Climates!! VERDE!!

Yes I feel I got it bad up here.
I can't imagine the Hard times for those who aren't prepared , or used to it

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ah WELL! We will soon hear from the GROUNDHOGS! I go with Gen. Lee, down in Atlanta, GA. Virginia & West Virginia has 'em too; I think Gen. Lee is MORE accurate... Phil in PA will PROBABLY cuss & hack, saying "DANG!"

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, here's a money saving tip for ya...

Put all your refrigerator and freezer stuff in the pantry, unplug the fridge, then open the pantry window.

You won't have to plug the fridge back in till May, maybe June if you're lucky.

Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 5.08.10 PM.png

P.S. Florida is full. No more room. Sorry.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Changing my avatar from the boat to a warm jacket. Aah, I feel better now.

Anyway, Friday there were over 200 wrecks before they closed down the interstate.

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrecks..bleh seen way to many so far this winter, and every one I witnessed was people that think they can drive on snow and ice like its dry road..driving to fast for conditions, actually means something.
I would not care, if they were just wrecking their own cars, but that's not usually the case :(

Mike

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My mother is 87, I'll be driving down to see her and make sure she has heat!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sunshine really is causing problems out here in CA. Besides very low water levels in the reservoirs and drought conditions, our fruit trees think it's Spring and our almond trees are actually blooming. If we get a good bloom going and then get high wids with heavy rain or a freeze, we could lose a lot of the crop. The honey bees are even out pollinating.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Changing my avatar from the boat to a warm jacket. Aah, I feel better now.

Anyway, Friday there were over 200 wrecks before they closed down the interstate.

I saw one of those mass collisions on the news .

Wrecks..bleh seen way to many so far this winter, and every one I witnessed was people that think they can drive on snow and ice like its dry road..driving to fast for conditions, actually means something.
I would not care, if they were just wrecking their own cars, but that's not usually the case
sad.gif

Mike

it isn't actually that hard to drive on snow,
if you learn how & take your time. from the age of 16
to maybe about 25, every time it would snow,
I'd be out on the roads. especially that back roads that
didn't get plowed till last. & Believe me,
I couldn't afford tires. mine were usually slicks :tongue3:
but I learned how to do it.

Ice is a different story, I got stuck much more on Ice
then snow in the early years. I used to drive up the mountain with the left side of
my car on the road, the right side in the ditch for traction.
then they invented gutters without covers :(
did plenty of donuts on ice back then too.

either one Ice or Snow.... Slow & steady gets you up.

Slowing down or Speeding up is your enemy.

It's not me or my driving I fear in snow.
or ice really.
It's the other drivers these days.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The sunshine really is causing problems out here in CA. Besides very low water levels in the reservoirs and drought conditions, our fruit trees think it's Spring and our almond trees are actually blooming. If we get a good bloom going and then get high wids with heavy rain or a freeze, we could lose a lot of the crop. The honey bees are even out pollinating.

You forgot the part about California not sliding into the ocean.

Only 56 for a high on Wednesday- man... that sucks. I'll stay in on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been working on an order from a pet store for some small dog toy boxes today here in Middle TN. Only had about an 1.5 - 2 hours of work left (with no problems). I'm thinking I'll just "suck it up" and finish these boxes down in the woodshop without firing up the heat (I'll be gone soon anyway). Well... I HAD PROBLEMS. 3 hrs. later I was done. I am now announcing to the WORLD I am a whuss. Damn I hate working in the cold. Woodworking should be done enjoying classis rock, short sleeves and your favorite beer. Is their a song about 1 our of 3 ain't bad????

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been working on an order from a pet store for some small dog toy boxes today here in Middle TN. Only had about an 1.5 - 2 hours of work left (with no problems). I'm thinking I'll just "suck it up" and finish these boxes down in the woodshop. I am now announcing to the WORLD I am a whuss. Damn I hate working in the cold. Woodworking should be done enjoying classis rock, short sleeves and your favorite beer. Is their a song about 1 our of 3 ain't bad????

everything should be done in comfort :thumbsup:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Liars!!!! Eh hem the NWS that is, they said this mornings temp yesterday would be a balmy -9 degrees, I just went outside to start my car for the fourth time overnight..I don't like dead batteries or frozen antifreeze...lol, anyway I checked my 5 thermometers and all of them read at -17 !?!?! Right now..now folks, that makes me want to sing, so without further ado.
Ok then..apparently I AM indeed getting old for the life of me I cannot remember how the song goes lol /cry
But I'm chilly willy the penguin, and I'm chilly willy willy all the time..sorry that's all I can remember heh.

Hunker down east coasters, this super cold Michigan air is coming your way.

Mike

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liars!!!! Eh hem the NWS that is, they said this mornings temp yesterday would be a balmy -9 degrees, I just went outside to start my car for the fourth time overnight..I don't like dead batteries or frozen antifreeze...lol, anyway I checked my 5 thermometers and all of them read at -17 !?!?! Right now..now folks, that makes me want to sing, so without further ado.
Ok then..apparently I AM indeed getting old for the life of me I cannot remember how the song goes lol /cry
But I'm chilly willy the penguin, and I'm chilly willy willy all the time..sorry that's all I can remember heh.

Hunker down east coasters, this super cold Michigan air is coming your way.

Mike

lowest I saw was 6 degrees this morning about 1am when I went out to start my car.
it's still at 6 degrees

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread