Charle\'s001.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,844

rtde3

Jan 4, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Do You Remember..........?

fleamistress said:
Ah the A&P... Wood floors with sawdust, a cat, and grind your own 8 O'clock coffee...
Cyn

Yes Flea! I remember the 8 o clock coffee grinder! Can still smell it!

jeff of pa said:
here Ya Go Rob,
2 Blasts From the Past ;)

Jeff! Right ON, Right On! That's them! I remember using them cans as drums when we were done eating them! Drove my dad crazy, LOL! Are they still selling them??

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I havn't seen a Charles's Chip truck for About 15 years.

the Address's on them

MOUNTVILLE, PA

CALHOUN, KY

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Rob,
lol...I remember most of it. And I actually worked at the G.E.M.(gvt employed members) store during high school on their jewelry counter :) I still only buy Wise chips!
Those diving submarines that you put baking soda in are still available on eBay. Got a couple for the old man's stocking! lol Remember the Klondike deeds to one square inch of land? Well, I got him a couple of them too. However, I hid it in a 'safe' place....and still can't find it!
S+H green stamps
spokey-dokies
Grants (store)
drive in movies
lime rickies
penny loafers
...........and penny candy!
ahhhhhhhhh.........can we rewind?

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

dark shadows
the amazing kreskin
scooter pies
ollie-ollie-entry
buck up...odds or evens
cigs in 4 packs?
Sputnick
welch's fudge bars
Carnac the magnificent
ralph, alice, norton + trixie

Gertrude & Heacliff...

Attachments

• GNGB.jpg
    GNGB.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,795

MonDak

Jan 5, 2006

I dare
say no one will remember this early detector!

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,774

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I remember all those things. Being from P.G. county.You forgot Roy Rogers restaurant and Drug Fair.Playing pac-man at 7-11,using a pop bottle to hit the machine a certain way to get 99 free credits.Pinball machines inside 7-11.Big-gulps when they first came out.Pet rocks a little later.Yes,I had a 7-11 down the street as a kid.lol,take it easy. One more the Evel Knievel stunt cycle and stp racers you remember those cars where you put the plastic pull thing through the middle and pulled it out real fast to get the wheels to move,the harder you pull the faster the wheels go.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Captain Kangaroo aka Bob Keeshan is a war hero of the highest caliber!no joke, the bravest of the brave,the king of kings ,the lord of lords ,the conquering lion of JEDA ......look into it...

oh and dont forget GREEN RIVER SODA POP still find it once in a while if im lucky....

Z

ZumbroKid

Do you remember meeting your first wife or husband at a bar? Where do you hunt now? Say how about 10 cent tap beers? Anyone remember nickle beers? ;)

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Slinky's, Gumby, 8 track tape players, outdoor theaters. (Been to dozens, but can't remember any of the pictures). ;D

rtde3

Jan 4, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ashleen, you are the only one I ever talked to that remembers G.E.M. stores! We shopped there all the time. (My dad worked at Andrews AFB.) How could I have forgot green stamps & Dark Shadows? Also I actually went to a drive-in movie last summer in Del.. Yes we can rewind just as soon as I finish the time machine I'm working on! ;D

Cappy, I'm with you on: Astroboy, The Monkeys, Banana Splits,Speed Racer, In Search Of, Jawbreakers,Blowpops Jiffy popcorn,Twilight Zone,Captain Kangaroo,Top Cat & Mr Magoo!
But do you remember a show called "The Sixth Scent" ??

diggummup, Man, I did forget Drug fair, Roy Rogers restaurants (still a few around) PAC-man at 7-11,Pet rocks and the Evel Knievel stunt cycle! I had the demo derby stp racers that the hoods & doors would fly off! What part of PG did you live?

dekalb33, Yes I did know that! Mr Rodgers was also a WW2 hero. He wore the sweaters to cover up all his tattoos! Also Ed Arnold (green acres) & Lee Marvin (Big Red One Movie) were also big WW2 hero's. Hey Cappy, That's when actors/ Hollywood were not all left wing liberals!! (Please don't respond to this Cappy We all know what you will say. Just have a laugh & move on! ;D)

Sneaky Pete, I met my first wife in Jr high. (should have left her there) I met my second wife at a party! Still going strong after 12 years! The cheapest beer I ever got at a bar was 50 cent beer night at a club called "The Stardust" in Waldorf MD. We used to go watch rock bands there every Sat. Night. We did buy Red, White & Blue beer for like $1.40 a six pack at the store! What's that about 23 cent a beer? 8)

BK, Yes, Slinkys, Gumby & Pokey, Many 8 track tapes and a ton of drive in movies!!

Hey Jeff, how about Iron City Beer with The Steelers & Pirates on the cans??

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't remember the Steelers / Pirates Cans. :)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lets see what I can add. Remember Robby the robot (Lost in Space), Bat Man and Robin (the origanal), Hot wheels, 5 cent cokes, penny candy. Just to name a few others. But "Rock ,em Sock, em Robots still Rule"!

Ah, Reminiscing!

Ed Donovan

dudes2112

Jan 25, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I don't consider 32 all that old... but I was talking to someone about a record (you know, the big black disk that plays music :D) and my son, whose 8 didn't have the slightest clue what I was talking about. I guess it makes sense, but it kind of caught me off guard...

Dudes

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

Man! rtde3 and diggumup! You guys have brought back some memories! I'm from PG County too. Lived just down the road from Andrews AFB. In fact, my mom still lives there. I graduated from Crossland HS in Temple Hills. I remember free concerts down at the Washington monument; handing out flowers to the cops in DC (I'm an old flower child); sit-ins at the P Street beach; wandering the "mall" up in Marlow Heights. Darn it! Now I want to go home and visit mom! Thanks!

vicki

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Ed Sullivan Show, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith Show, Spud Guns were you got your mothers potatoes and dug them out with the gun then shot them, going to Burger King and gettin a Whopper, fries and coke for less that a $1.00, gas at .28c and they would check your oil, tires, and wash your windows, transistor radios, hi-fi's for your records, Ma & Pa Kettle, super balls, Duncan yo-yo's, being able to leave your house door unlocked, car keys in the ignition, hitchhiking without worring about wack-o's, 10 ft 30lb surfboards, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, etc. concerts for $5.00

AWWW the memories!

HH 8) surfrat

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab

There is still Godfather pizzas here and there. Actually there is one in the Norfolk airport. Some of the best pizza available.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Hopscotch
Kick the Can
The Soupy Sales Show
10c Comic books
Schwinn Sting Ray's