South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't do what I did and spend almost 6k on a GPR unless your father or grandfather left you a map of the family cache. Just because you have a wow dow machine does not mean you will find something that will get you to the break even point. The odds of finding the big one are most likely similar to winning the powerball.. If you do beat the odds, it will be taxable just like the powerball.

Young people, do not get married before you are 30. You will most likely marry the wrong person if you do. Don't have kids before you are 30 either. You need to find out who you are and who others are before you are ready to instruct someone else to become their own person.

If you have a job that you freakin' hate so much that you vomit everyday when you wake up, and have to put a gun to your own head to motivate yourself to go in, but it pays the bills and leaves an inheritance for your kids and grandkids, don't leave it. You'll have the rest of forever to hate yourself with, just get your progeny squared away and be happy that you've accomplished that.

If you must cash in your 401K early cut off your arm or leg so you can get disability because the government will take an arm and a leg penalty fee like they did with me. Like 10K and mine was under 100k to begin with.

If you follow this advice you will save yourself a fair amount of grief.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
these truths you speak of are wise and heartening. .. thankyou

OP
OP

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
thank you. I feel better this morning, it worked.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't do what I did and spend almost 6k on a GPR unless your father or grandfather left you a map of the family cache.

Young people, do not get married before you are 30.

If you have a job that you freakin' hate so much that you vomit everyday when you wake up, and have to put a gun to your own head to motivate yourself to go in, but it pays the bills and leaves an inheritance for your kids and grandkids, don't leave it.

If you must cash in your 401K early cut off your arm or leg so you can get disability because the government will take an arm and a leg penalty fee like they did with me.

If you follow this advice you will save yourself a fair amount of grief.

GPR.... Don't want (to late anyway)..... ..............Check
Married at 25 and divorced at 30....................... Failed
HATED MY JOB... put in 31 yrs. Retired @ 49...... Check
Didn't have 401K.............................................Check

Good start at a rant guy..... But if I REALLY wanted to I could add 1000's of items to it also. I got 3 of 4 "right" from yours... I'll live with that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread