dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hope it wasn't apple dippers! Those are gross! Pass me some fries!

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I read that article last night and if it's true it's a damn shame. I suppose McDonalds will come up with some lame "politically correct" excuse for why this is acceptable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I read that article last night and if it's true it's a damn shame. I suppose McDonalds will come up with some lame "politically correct" excuse for why this is acceptable.

I dont think it has anything to do with politics. Greed, maybe.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought she was fired for cursing at her supervisor(s). Or maybe that's the "reason" she was fired after she did what she did for some reason. Maybe perhaps because she didn't get the answer she wanted from corporate and spoke her mind to them. But why would ANY SUPERVISOR care who the hell pays the bill? I honestly don't believe it's about "who" paid the bill.... but about how an employee responded when getting a negative answer to a request she thought would be granted. And maybe IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN... I MEAN HONESTLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN "GRANTED". This is how issues get TWISTED into something they are NOT!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mickey D's says they fired her because she cussed at her boss?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mickey D's says they fired her because she cussed at her boss?

Yea... right after the "story" broke AND... I don't remember the network because I jump around between MSNBC, FOX and others in the mornings surfing. But one of them said it wasn't because of what she did but from what she said to her supervisors. I'm sorry I don't remember who. I should be able to say "who"... but I can't. But it was the day it broke into news. Sorry...

But surely NO EMPLOYEE would be fired for paying the bill of a fire department.... and if they were fired for paying I'd like to hear why...? So common sense says it wasn't because she or someone paid the bill for them. If this was the case... Mc D's would be proud.... but not the case.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from what I read she paid for $83.00 worth of food for a group of first responders out of her own pocket. Then another group came in and she asked her supervisor if McDonalds would pay for their food. When she was told, "No", she said something to the effect of "What a load of horse puckey", so she went up the ladder and was told the same thing, she retorted in kind.

McDs headquarters says it would start a bad precedent.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
from what I read she paid for $83.00 worth of food for a group of first responders out of her own pocket. Then another group came in and she asked her supervisor if McDonalds would pay for their food. When she was told, "No", she said something to the effect of "What a load of horse puckey", so she went up the ladder and was told the same thing, she retorted in kind.

Not auguring at all guy... I "heard" headquarters (Corporate) paid for the first responders and then another group of responders showed up and requested the same by the employee. Then the employee requested the "same" and was denied by ??????? Then I heard her denial was not nice in response and then she paid the bill. Good for her. Her heart was in the right place but maybe her authority / influence was misplaced or over estimated. Hell I don't know... any more than you... but common sense says she was NOT FIRED FOR PAYING THE 2ND RESPONDERS BILL... come on????

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Another case of "certainly more to the story"...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hmm... things sure have changed at Mc Donalds.

When I was a junior in high school, flipping burgers at Mc Donalds (about the time the big mac came out) I know for a certainty we fed cops for free ... and occasionally firemen. If memory serves, there was the requirement that the officer sign the ticket, but they were never charged. It was the normal thing to do ... and everyone did it.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this "First Responders Risk Their Lives" is all a bunch of hype anyway. This lady just needed to do her job and forget about her hero-worshiping fetish. The top 10 most fatal occupations from the 10th on down are: Truck Drivers, Electrical Powerline Workers, Roofers, Farmers and Ranchers, Refuse Collectors, Steel & Iron Construction Workers, Lumberjacks, Pilots and Flight Engineers, Commercial Fishermen and, worst of all, Cell Phone Tower Workers. That said, she should buy lunch for all of these workers long before buying a Big Mac for some fireman, cop or ambulance driver. 9-11 has fogged the way many people think these days. So, how is everyone's coffee this morning? You can thank a Columbian bean picker for that little luxury. :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if it went down the way it looks & an Employee caused
bad Rep towards Mcdonalds to the point the Firefighters called to complain,
I see why she was fired.

apparently the Firefighters/ Salvation Army were looking for a Handout

MikyD's said No.

The Employees gave the handout instead.

Fine with that, But Why did the Employees

Badmouth their MickyD's to the point the Firefighters found out ?

Sounds like the Employee was looking for Personal Thanks
at the expense of her boss

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Columbian coffee..Bleh! Get beans from Yemen or Kenya you'll love it.
Doing good and expecting thanks or anything else in return is the wrong reason.
Mike

I grind my own beans and get the very dark ones...

Incredible difference in taste compared to commercial ground coffee...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions