Man’s Bible stops attacker’s bullets allowing him time to return fire on unruly gang

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Man’s Bible stops attacker’s bullets allowing him time to return fire on unruly gang

February 25, 2014 2:19 AM EST

I just about fell out of my chair today when I read this story, it’s amazing!
By Shepard Ambellas

OHIO (INTELLIHUB) — According to reports, RTA bus driver Rickey Waggoner, 49, was shot and stabbed by members of the infamous Crips gang Monday morning, while attempting to repair some type of mechanical malfunction with the bus.

However, amazingly, a paperback copy of “The Message”, a bible-like book written in english by Eugene Peterson, stopped two bullets, allowing Waggoner to grab the attackers knife and gun before returning fire on the teenage street thugs.

Travis Gettys wrote:

Waggoner told police that one of the assailants told another to kill him “if you want to be all the way in the club.”

The driver said he tried wrestling the gun away from his assailant after he fired twice, and he was shot again the right leg.

Another attacker then stabbed him in the left arm but he was able to grab the gun and knife, police said.

The assailants then fled to a waiting car as Waggoner emptied the gun’s clip at them, possibly striking one.

Police said Waggoner held a valid concealed-carry permit and was familiar with firearms.

According to reports, Waggoner will survive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread