jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It is not the same...! Mall is private, college is Public they are 2 very different cases.... Why do you think the college apologized and settled before the court ruled and on top gave student $50k? They settled because they knew they were wrong and would lose and the monetary award would have been much higher... American by birth, Patriot by choice. I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Im not talking about public vs private. I am talking about 2 individuals being given an opportunity to do exactly what they wanted to do under the established rules of the respective venues. The folks involved threw a temper tantrum instead of acting in a reasonable manner. This never had to be an issue for anyone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not talking about public vs private. I am talking about 2 individuals being given an opportunity to do exactly what they wanted to do under the established rules of the respective venues. The folks involved threw a temper tantrum instead of acting in a reasonable manner. This never had to be an issue for anyone.

The college student acted in a reasonable manner, the apology by the school, the changing in their rules and the cash award all shows they acknowledged he was right and they were wrong.....

"individuals being given an opportunity to do exactly what they wanted to do under the established rules of the respective venues."

Do it under the rules that violates our Constitution... No thank you...

"This never had to be an issue for anyone"

This means the violation of the 1st Admendment of the Bill of Rights would never have been addressed....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are making some very good points, and having a good convo with debate while being completely civil..its a breath of fresh air and I hope it lasts.
Now I find it scary that places of any kind are trying to create rules/laws that clearly violate the constitution and the country is really walking on eggshells and or walking a taught line while trying to stretch said line.
As far as I am concerned, the line that's the constitution should stay tight, and anybody that is trying to loosen our constitution by enacting rules and laws to skirt around it should be immediately exiled to somewhere else.

There are a ton of legal battles happening right now that all revolve around the constitution, being brought on by people trying to maintain the tight line of free speech and other constitutional rights, such as that veto in Arizona that forces christian companies to ignore their beliefs and serve folks they don't agree with, which of course religious freedom is covered by the constitution.

Then there are those that are trying hard to loosen and unravel that tight fabric line to stretch or abolish said constitutional freedoms by making ignorant rules such as saying somebody cannot pass out copies of the constitution on public property where of course we are supposed to have the freedom of free speech.

Or the line breakers trying to destroy law abiding citizens abilities to protect their selves and their family's since we all know a armed society is a polite society..but No we ( ignorant folks ) say that the people should be disarmed and everybody will be safe..Uh Huh!!.let me tell you, the bad guys are NOT going to say ok..here are my guns.
So then all the law abiding folks are left to defend the family with sticks while the thug is packing an AK...no thanks I'll pass.

We must all band together to stop these actions against our freedoms, for in my own life I have seen alot of freedoms vanish and it will only get worse.
The constitution was always meant to be an unbreakable tight line, and well it is getting pretty dang loose.
Ok ? Good needed to vent this.

Mike

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You guys are making some very good points, and having a good convo with debate while being completely civil..its a breath of fresh air and I hope it lasts.
Now I find it scary that places of any kind are trying to create rules/laws that clearly violate the constitution and the country is really walking on eggshells and or walking a taught line while trying to stretch said line.
As far as I am concerned, the line that's the constitution should stay tight, and anybody that is trying to loosen our constitution by enacting rules and laws to skirt around it should be immediately exiled to somewhere else.

There are a ton of legal battles happening right now that all revolve around the constitution, being brought on by people trying to maintain the tight line of free speech and other constitutional rights, such as that veto in Arizona that forces christian companies to ignore their beliefs and serve folks they don't agree with, which of course religious freedom is covered by the constitution.

Then there are those that are trying hard to loosen and unravel that tight fabric line to stretch or abolish said constitutional freedoms by making ignorant rules such as saying somebody cannot pass out copies of the constitution on public property where of course we are supposed to have the freedom of free speech.

Or the line breakers trying to destroy law abiding citizens abilities to protect their selves and their family's since we all know a armed society is a polite society..but No we ( ignorant folks ) say that the people should be disarmed and everybody will be safe..Uh Huh!!.let me tell you, the bad guys are NOT going to say ok..here are my guns.
So then all the law abiding folks are left to defend the family with sticks while the thug is packing an AK...no thanks I'll pass.

We must all band together to stop these actions against our freedoms, for in my own life I have seen alot of freedoms vanish and it will only get worse.
The constitution was always meant to be an unbreakable tight line, and well it is getting pretty dang loose.
Ok ? Good needed to vent this.

Mike
Keep one thing in mind...religious beliefs don't trump the Constitution.
Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep one thing in mind...religious beliefs don't trump the Constitution.
Jim

Nothing trumps the Constitution....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I took this statement as indicating that religion trumps the Constitution....
"There are a ton of legal battles happening right now that all revolve around the constitution, being brought on by people trying to maintain the tight line of free speech and other constitutional rights, such as that veto in Arizona that forces christian companies to ignore their beliefs and serve folks they don't agree with, which of course religious freedom is covered by the constitution."

That said, however, I believe we have the freedom to discriminate as we want. The Constitution is to prevent the government from discriminating. When the government starts telling us how we should act in our own beliefs, the government is wrong. We should be able to conduct our own, personal and business, affairs as we think they should be conducted. If our decisions are out of line, we'll be punished financially in our business dealings, and punished socially in our personal dealings. The government is not supposed to be in the business of deciding what is correct behavior of the citizenry, providing the behavior is not aggressive to our fellow citizens.
Jim

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a school here in California that is banning students from wearing American flag t-shirts etc. on Cinco de Mayo but yet the students of Mexican heritage can wear a Mexican flag themed shirt. One court has already said that the presumed "safety" of the students trumps the Constitution in this case. You have to keep in mind that a boy student in this state can take showers with the girls if he feels like it and anyone that complains will be the criminal. Thank goodness (don't want to say God here) that he handed out Constitutions on the campus as that's probably the closest most of them will ever get to knowing what's in it. Kids graduate from high school these days and have never heard of Little Big Horn or the Korean conflict. Legalizing pot should clear their minds though.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOTHING should trump the Constitution.... and safety be damned! Good post packerbacker....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread