13,000 MRAPs Patrolling US City Streets (Video)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
13,000 MRAPs Patrolling US City Streets (Video)

In the video below from Bloomberg News, we see that the Army is giving away 13,000 MRAPs (Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected) trucks and the lion’s share are going to U.S. law enforcement agencies. These trucks are estimated to cost $500,000 each and weigh 20 tons. The trucks were built to “save U.S. soldiers from roadside bombs in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars,” according to the video details.
Ask yourself the following question….. why on Earth would US local law enforcement agencies need trucks built for war?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To make secure doughnut runs?

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They have an Achilles heal.

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, the taxpayer funded vehicles should be scrapped, sold to Mexico, sold to ultra-right militias?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, maybe for once you should see it as being responsible rather than wasteful.

What should we have done, left them in Iraq? Al Qaeda would sure have loved that .... I see it as tax payer monies coming home to taxpayers.

How they are used, now THAT remains to be seen, but Hunts With Son's assertion may be right.

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sorry but I was having a little fun with the topic. See I am a police officer and stories of how the police are bring armed and equipped to assist in some "police state" just cracks me up.

And the donut thing was a joke also, we never eat donuts (in uniform any way LOL)

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry but I was having a little fun with the topic. See I am a police officer and stories of how the police are bring armed and equipped to assist in some "police state" just cracks me up.

And the donut thing was a joke also, we never eat donuts (in uniform any way LOL)

Maybe your department has not got any, but county sheriffs in my state have got plenty.

Mike

Edit..joking about the donuts ?
Man you guys must be really strict over there, I'll post pics tomorrow morning show you how sloppy our sheriffs are lol.

Last edited:

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Elephant Dung is free too. But they don't want that. What possible use is an MRAP to Local police?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry but I was having a little fun with the topic. See I am a police officer and stories of how the police are bring armed and equipped to assist in some "police state" just cracks me up. And the donut thing was a joke also, we never eat donuts (in uniform any way LOL)

That may be true about the donuts ... my buddy lost a ton of weight after he became a cop. Subway nearly went broke though (in southeast Arkansas we still feed the cops in uniform for free).

Something going on with government that just doesn't make sense and it makes many of us nervous, but don't want to step over into polyticks so I'll leave it at that.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just don't paint the elephant dung black. Then it becomes assault excrement. That stuff is highly illegal.

Last edited:

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Subway takes care of us also, try to pay but they just won't take the money, so only go a couple times a month (and leave nice tips). And they are very much appreciated.

That darn evil black paint!!!

We have a tracked APC, great fun to drive. The trailer is yellow so it's not too scary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread