Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 1970's I was in grade school.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't even mention Waco, many children dead, or Ruby Ridge!! I was so appalled at the Kent massacre that I blew off to Europe to cool my temper for six weeks. I believe the National Guard at Kent State also used M16s. And never forget that nobody in the Guard or government was ever held accountable for that horrible event!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I had just graduated from High School in 1969; "Tricky Dick" sent 'em down... protests EVERYWHERE! NOT like the Connecticut school kids that died; THAT was a NOT a "gov't thing"... NOR! Like Waco. OK City bombing was ALSO a "lone wolf" operation (so we think)... BUT! A VET (US Army...?) MAY have worked with "home-grown terrorists" to "set up" a MATRIX/PARADIGM for the FEDS to "respond". NSA is PROBABLY "reading" this, as we "speak"... NEXT!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was an all American boy, knew nothing, thought we were doing the right thing, believed in our government.

I was on a mountain top in Cambodia with the 4th Infantry, living in a hole in the ground - when the news came.

I have never been the same since - took years before I finally believed again, in this nation.

I do believe in the nation again, but with the whole government - I have doubts...

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had just graduated from High School in 1969; "Tricky Dick" sent 'em down... protests EVERYWHERE! NOT like the Connecticut school kids that died; THAT was a NOT a "gov't thing"... NOR! Like Waco. OK City bombing was ALSO a "lone wolf" operation (so we think)... BUT! A VET (US Army...?) MAY have worked with "home-grown terrorists" to "set up" a MATRIX/PARADIGM for the FEDS to "respond". NSA is PROBABLY "reading" this, as we "speak"... NEXT!

Yes, those were protestors ... the most aggressive behavior I was was the returning of the tear gas canisters the Guardsman had shot at them ... and those canisters weren't launched by weapons, only thrown by hand. They were loud, agitated.

The problem is this: no one attacked the guardsmen, none of the students were armed.

The fire was directed at FLEEING student (almost all of the wounds were to the back of the bodies).

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
76 men, women, and children died in the final assault on Waco. Six more during the first confrontation....

No one really held accountable in that one either.

Who will be held accountable when they come to take guns by force?

Only the victims of the assault...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And, incidentally, the Kent State students were protesting the invasion of Cambodia - they were protesting me.

Who killed them? That would be those strong laddies who joined the National Guard so they wouldn't have to go to Vietnam.....

Those kids were killed by cowards who were so afraid their trigger fingers reacted with 67 gunshots in 13 seconds - against students running away from them....

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
76 men, women, and children died in the final assault on Waco. Six more during the first confrontation....

No one really held accountable in that one either.

Who will be held accountable when they come to take guns by force?

Only the victims of the assault...

The whole Waco mess started when an informant told the Feds that the Davidians had a .50 cal MG. When that failed to get public support the feds played the "child molestation" card. That was never proven, and I guess the Feds figured a dead child was better off than a possibly molested one. Sad thing is that during the clean up no .50 MG was found which started the whole mess. Nobody in Waco had a problem with the Davidians, they were regarded as and odd religious sect, but were thought to be friendly and respectful by the locals. The whole mess was perpetrated by the ATF, started over the .50 MG that was never found, and Texas was a machine gun legal state in any event. The main proponent for the Feds was Janet Reno, US AG, and she should go down in our history as a child killer. The Feds said the deadly fire was started intentionally by the Davidians, but there is video proof of government tanks shooting flamethrowers at the compound. Ruby Ridge was also started by an informant, but at least the government paid a couple million for the loss of life (as if that is compensation for the loss of loved ones), but the FBI sniper was cleared of all charges. Kent was as Deep says perpetrated by poorly trained ignorant guardsmen who had no logical reason to be there with live ammo in the first place. If Kent had happened in the late 1700s there would have been civilian uproar and reprisals against the perpetrating troops involved. Sadly too many of us are complacent and think "this will never happen to me, and they probably deserved it" Some of the darkest days in our short history as a nation.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But how things have changed, We have Justen Bieber now.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought a VET was a Vet, was a Vet...

My father was WW2 vet, captured at the bulge and tortured in one of the worse POW camps. He later became the commander of the NYS chapter of the American AXPOWs. He was against Korea, "Nam, and all the other foolish conflicts our government has engaged in since then. Getting thousands of our boys killed for another country's pride or natural resources just doesn't make sense for many vets. Knowing the AXPOWs I met a lot of vets who are anti-war and our government's meddling in affairs of countries that never seem to work out as planned. I know a few Nam vets who witnessed murder of innocent civilians and they hate the fact that some are forever linked to such events. Knowing vets from several generations I see that as many look back they realize that they were played by the government to benefit corporations and the benefit of countries that afterward didn't give d**m for our country. WW2 was an exception, and the hunt for AlQueda another, but it was mostly Saudis on 911, not one Iraqi or Afghan. I think it is extremely compassionate and intelligent that Deep felt such pain over Kent while he was over there. It took me too years to recover from the shock of that day, it seems a shame that the entire nation didn't stand up and demand justice for those poor teenagers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread