Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have several computers that I use throughout the week, depending on what I'm doing so I know it isn't specific to one computer or one browser (I use everything from Firefox to IE to Safari and Chrome).

For some reason, when quoting an individual, the site removes all hard breaks (end of one paragraph, beginning of next) and everything becomes one big ugly incomprehensible disgusting run on sentence of the type that makes this bit of run on look like good grammar.

You folks have had the problem before, and it was some script that I had to give access to my computer so that the hard returns would .... um .... return.

ALL scripts (except google ad services) are allowed now. Even allowing this script does not fix the problem, so it has to be a programming problem with some addon or enhancement ...

Could the mods and admins here check into it?

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh, btw, if you need to edit your posts because of a spelling or other error ... same thing.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not seeing that, Chadeaux.
Jim

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've not seen that either. Just those leave page errors continued yesterday - not yet today but I haven't been on much...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been seeing it with my firefox browser and safari. Sometimes I go through it and repair it, other times I just leave it. Aggravating though.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm not seeing that, Chadeaux. Jim

nobreaks_zpscf14f252.jpg

Forum software is removing hard breaks (end of paragraph, where you hit the enter key).

On the other hand, my daughter said: "maybe your account is just `special'"

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This was my response before posting:

nobreak2_zps6eaa0a00.jpg

Now look at the above post again. When I hit "edit post", this is what I'm greeted with:

nobreak3_zpsbff2e1b5.jpg

So, even to edit my own posts requires that I reinsert EVERY break ... If I quote a post, I have to put back every break that the original poster did, because the forum software has removed it, and I don't want the other person to think I screwed up their post.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is there some "special script" that needs to be enabled (I admin another VBulletin forum, all the latest updates ... we don't have that problem, nor do any of the other VB forums I visit have this problem ... only Tnet right now.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
nobreaks_zpscf14f252.jpg
Forum software is removing hard breaks (end of paragraph, where you hit the enter key). On the other hand, my daughter said: "maybe your account is just `special'"

Here's what happens if I don't edit the text and add back the hard breaks ...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now I see what you're talking about...LOL I guess I just didn't care that much.
Jim

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well I noticed it too. Startet to add (enter) to seperate. Also add (enter) before adding image to keep it from breaking a line of type with the image.

Have also had double posting and had to deleate the second post.

If you hit a row of letters or symbols, it will deleate most.

That stay on page use to be good at keeping me from dumping a post accidentally.
Now it is very erratic .

I think one of the programmers is trying to squeeze more in the servers.

Just my observations. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the same thing; started about a week ago.

Grrrrrr

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I noticed it too. Startet to add (enter) to seperate. Also add (enter) before adding image to keep it from breaking a line of type with the image. Have also had double posting and had to deleate the second post. If you hit a row of letters or symbols, it will deleate most. That stay on page use to be good at keeping me from dumping a post accidentally. Now it is very erratic . I think one of the programmers is trying to squeeze more in the servers. Just my observations. Frank... View attachment 958443

Frankn, it isn't "programmers" for Tnet (actually "Forum Foundry") who should be "customizing" the code. Vbulletin (the commercial software they are renting - annual subscription required) would normally do the custom coding, at a price, so that you could avoid such problems. I know my bud Oldfart pays Vbulletin when we decide we need something "customized".

I mean, I don't think we are consorting with ID10ts ... on the other hand, no comments here from mods or admins about the problem might mean your thought is correct.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several computers that I use throughout the week, depending on what I'm doing so I know it isn't specific to one computer or one browser (I use everything from Firefox to IE to Safari and Chrome).

For some reason, when quoting an individual, the site removes all hard breaks (end of one paragraph, beginning of next) and everything becomes one big ugly incomprehensible disgusting run on sentence of the type that makes this bit of run on look like good grammar.

You folks have had the problem before, and it was some script that I had to give access to my computer so that the hard returns would .... um .... return.

ALL scripts (except google ad services) are allowed now. Even allowing this script does not fix the problem, so it has to be a programming problem with some addon or enhancement ...

Could the mods and admins here check into it?

Problem with Hard Breaks / Paragraph separation should be Fixed for all :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread