mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about y'all, but when I am on a road trip or just in a different area than normal, I like to go to the local museums. Here are a couple of my favorites in my area.
Please feel free to list ones in your area, or perhaps one you visited in another state.

Bollinger County Museum of Natural History
www.caperiverheritagemuseum.com/
Crisp Museum - Southeast Missouri State University
JCPenney - the City of Kemmerer I loved visiting this one many yrs ago. I hope it is still open.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
WT, wow you have such a nice array of museums, & so big! I'm so use to living in rural MO. it's easy to forget cities have such wonderful facilities. Thanks for sharing, looks great.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to go to the Indian Motorcycle Museum in Springfield, is it still there?? And of course the Armory Museum is a must see!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to go to the Indian Motorcycle Museum in Springfield, is it still there?? And of course the Armory Museum is a must see!!
Yes it is.The original factory is now apartments.I have heard that under the street there are cycles still in the crates.

Last edited:

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

Attachments

• gunb.jpg
    gunb.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG! Are those civil war guns?? That is beyond amazing!

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Stone, those museums look great. The crossroads? Wow! Wouldn't it be fun to just scoop dirt by the tracks & sift it? Who knows what you would find.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is.The original factory is now apartments.I have heard that under the street there are cycles still in
the crates.

Yeah, I was to the "Indian' apartments too, besides the actual museum about 15 years ago. I think the rumors about old motorcycles being buried are not based on fact, but fanciful conjecture. What I really liked about the museum even though a lot of their motorcycles aren't Indians is that at least at that time they took them all out for rides every year.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about y'all, but when I am on a road trip or just in a different area than normal, I like to go to the local museums. Here are a couple of my favorites in my area.
Please feel free to list ones in your area, or perhaps one you visited in another state.

Bollinger County Museum of Natural History
www.caperiverheritagemuseum.com/
Crisp Museum - Southeast Missouri State University
JCPenney - the City of Kemmerer I loved visiting this one many yrs ago. I hope it is still open.

I also love museums, and visit many. I live 25 miles from Manhattan (NYC) and there are more museums there than you can shake a stick at. The American Museum of Natural History is perhaps my favorite. Mamabear if you ever get up here you will go nuts at their gem and mineral rooms.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
gunsil, if I were to ever visit a big city for fun, you can bet museums would be on my to do list, & if there are gems & minerals included, that would be perfect. But alas, I am not one for willfully going to a metropolis, & though I know I am missing some amazing sites, I will stick to my rural area museums. I have to say though when I lived in San Diego, I loved the museums there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions