davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could you explain what you meant by "took in the DR.place was over run with Russians". did you take the doctor into a place that was overrun with Russians? I'm kinda at a loss here trying to understand your post.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
could you explain what you meant by "took in the DR.place was over run with Russians". did you take the doctor into a place that was overrun with Russians? I'm kinda at a loss here trying to understand your post.
I and the Wife spent 18 days there,a very heavy part of tourism was Russian,along with folks from all over the world,an interpreter was SO nice,a hand shake and a smile set me fine!Got to have a good Cuban Havana too!!!!!!!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Davest,

DR = Dominican Republic.....lots of high placed Russians vacation there....as Chris mentioned as well as people from all over....

From my conversations with the locals during the period before the wall came down....the high placed Russian government types would visit Cuba on official business and then visit the Dominican Republic after to party without anyone knowing what foolishness they were up to....lol...hope this explains things somewhat.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Davest, DR = Dominican Republic.....lots of high placed Russians vacation there....as Chris mentioned as well as people from all over.... From my conversations with the locals during the period before the wall came down....the high placed Russian government types would visit Cuba on official business and then visit the Dominican Republic after to party without anyone knowing what foolishness they were up to....lol...hope this explains things somewhat. Regards + HH Bill

Bill,

I and the Wife thought those black and white tattoos meant bad juju!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I and the Wife spent 18 days there,a very heavy part of tourism was Russian,along with folks from all over the world,an interpreter was SO nice,a hand shake and a smile set me fine!Got to have a good Cuban Havana too!!!!!!!!

Did you do any detecting? Did you see others detecting?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave,

I never bothered bringing my machine along nor did I see other detectorists.

I know many members on the Canadian forum have detected there with pretty good luck.

Regards + HH

Bill

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank Bill!

Thinking about a vacation.. needs to be detector friendly though.:laughing7:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

I took my detector carry on,we got there and I opened my suit case to get the rods,HA,I left them on the bed at home!!!Never saw anyone detecting,people were wearing a LOT of GOLD, I looked in my suitcase a 100 times,the rods never showed up though.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my detector carry on,we got there and I opened my suit case to get the rods,HA,I left them on the bed at home!!!Never saw anyone detecting,people were wearing a LOT of GOLD, I looked in my suitcase a 100 times,the rods never showed up though.

Bummer! Sorry to hear that!
I usually pack the rods separately too. Hope I don't forget them.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave44,

I'd book at least a 4 star or possibly 5 star hotel....the difference in price is minimal but the quality of food and service is much better.....also the odds are better that the guests have deep pockets and higher end jewelry.....lol....

The tropical sun is a killer so leave a wakeup call and hit the beach early that way less distractions and then have you're breakfast after swinging the coil.

No issues with detecting there things are pretty loosey goosey there.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thank Bill! Thinking about a vacation.. needs to be detector friendly though.:laughing7:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44, I'd book at least a 4 star or possibly 5 star hotel....the difference in price is minimal but the quality of food and service is much better.....also the odds are better that the guests have deep pockets and higher end jewelry.....lol.... The tropical sun is a killer so leave a wakeup call and hit the beach early that way less distractions and then have you're breakfast after swinging the coil. No issues with detecting there things are pretty loosey goosey there. Regards + HH Bill

Great info Bill! Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions